Live coverage - Please use this thread for Updates!

Florida is looking good. Most of those returns should be from the Florida peninsula which is in the eastern time zone and is more liberal. The Florida panhandle is in the central time zone and has historically been MUCH more conservative. Those votes should be coming in a little later. So far Bush has a substantial lead (ten percent) and it should hold up.

Merlin1047 said:
Florida is looking good. Most of those returns should be from the Florida peninsula which is in the eastern time zone and is more liberal. The Florida panhandle is in the central time zone and has historically been MUCH more conservative. So far Bush has a substantial lead (ten percent) and it should hold up.

Florida is looking good but keep in mine they arent reporting in Miami yet.

On that Florida site, if you click on US President, it gives the break down by county. None of the big Gold Coast counties have reported yet. Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach. When these guys come in, the numbers will change quickly.

jimnyc said:
Huh?

Would you like a dictionary for help?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rhetoric

I read your "literal" interpretation of rhetoric, the political interpretation refers to making long winded speeches in hopes of changing someone's vote. Am I telling you who to vote for? Most important, don't you think it's a little too late to ask for your change of vote? I don't think so; however, I did asked you to tell me what's going on in your state. Geez, I hate it when I ask someone to give an honest response to a request.

:bangheads

hylandrdet said:
I read your "literal" interpretation of rhetoric, the political interpretation refers to making long winded speeches in hopes of changing someone's vote. Am I telling you who to vote for? Most important, don't you think it's a little too late to ask for your change of vote? I don't think so; however, I did asked you to tell me what's going on in your state. Geez, I hate it when I ask someone to give an honest response to a request.

:bangheads

I didn't say a word about changing a vote or anything about voting at all for that matter. I was merely pointing out that your definition is wrong, and still is! Rhetoric comes in short and long speeches, and can be performed in a single sentence. It has absolutely nothing to do with the length of the words being delivered.

So far this is what I got (according to FOX). I'll edit and update it when I find out anything new.
State EV Got It
Alabama 9 Bush
Alaska 3 Bush
Arizona 10 Bush
Arkansas 6 Bush
California 55 Kerry

Colorado 9 Bush
Connecticut 7 Kerry
Delaware 3 Kerry
D.C. 3 Kerry
Florida 27 Bush

Georgia 15 Bush
Hawaii 4 Bush
Idaho 4 Bush
Illinois 21 Kerry
Indiana 11 Bush

Iowa 7 ? BUSH up (almost even)
Kansas 6 Bush
Kentucky 8 Bush
Louisiana 9 Bush
Maine 4 Kerry

Maryland 10 Kerry
Massachusetts 12 Kerry
Michigan 17 Kerry
Minnesota 10 Kerry
Mississippi 6 Bush

Missouri 11 Bush
Montana 3 Bush
Nebraska 5 Bush
Nevada 5 ? Kerry up (so close)
New Hampshire 4 Kerry

New Jersey 15 Kerry
New Mexico 5 ? Bush up
New York 31 Kerry
North Carolina 15 Bush
North Dakota 3 Bush

Ohio 20 Bush
Oklahoma 7 Bush
Oregon 7 Kerry
Pennsylvania 21 Kerry
Rhode Island 4 Kerry

South Carolina 8 Bush
South Dakota 3 Bush
Tennessee 11 Bush
Texas 34 Bush
Utah 5 Bush

Vermont 3 Kerry
Virginia 13 Bush
Washington 11 Kerry
West Virginia 5 Bush
Wisconsin 10 ? Kerry up
Wyoming 3 Bush
United States Bush Up!!
EV's: Bush 269
Kerry 238

jimnyc said:
I didn't say a word about changing a vote or anything about voting at all for that matter. I was merely pointing out that your definition is wrong, and still is! Rhetoric comes in short and long speeches, and can be performed in a single sentence. It has absolutely nothing to do with the length of the words being delivered.

Jimmy, I didn't say that your defintion of rhetoric isn't wrong, I said that your rhetoric is taking attention off my agenda; all I wanted to know is what going on in your state, that's it. Explain to me how I can ask for this without implying, by your definition, rhetoric? :wtf:

If anyone sees anything before me, let me know so I can update it, LOL!!
And you can add the EV's yourself, LOL!!

hylandrdet said:
Jimmy, I didn't say that your defintion of rhetoric isn't wrong, I said that your rhetoric is taking attention off my agenda; all I wanted to know is what going on in your state, that's it. Explain to me how I can ask for this without implying, by your definition, rhetoric? :wtf:

You said that MY rhetoric is taking attention off your agenda? Did I miss a post somewhere? Again, I was posting to point out that rhetoric need not be a long winded speech.

You want an update from NY? It will go to Kerry. But I could have told you that last week. Long lines at most places. The school next to my work was jammed at about 10am this morning with a line of cars about 1/2 mile long to park in the lot.

hylandrdet said:

"You got your rhetoric all over my agenda."
"Well, you got your agenda all over my rhetoric"

TWO GREAT TASTES THAT TASTE GREAT TOGETHER!

jimnyc said:
You said that MY rhetoric is taking attention off your agenda? Did I miss a post somewhere? Again, I was posting to point out that rhetoric need not be a long winded speech.

You want an update from NY? It will go to Kerry. But I could have told you that last week. Long lines at most places. The school next to my work was jammed at about 10am this morning with a line of cars about 1/2 mile long to park in the lot.

Thank you. Oh by the way, the word "check" means to control, not to stop.

Incumbant Republican Senator Bunning, behind big all night in a looming upset, is now barely ahead with 92% of precincts reporting. Current lead is 0.8%. May avoid a Democrat pickup here after all.

Forum List

Back