Live coverage - Please use this thread for Updates!

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
No big idea; I request that at least one member of this forum, from each state, post their views of what is going on in their state this election night.

Please check your rhetoric at the door; you had plenty of time to do that before tonight; there nothing left to do now but wait for the results.

As usual, I'll set the example.

hylandrdet

State: Tennessee
Electoral votes: 11

This is my first election from this state; after years of filing absentee ballots to the state of Michigan, I'd feel now that Tennessee is where I want to live.

MAIN FEDERAL ISSUE
Presidential election- George W. Bush vs. John Kerry
My vote- John Kerry
Why- In short, DESPITE OF HIS FLIP/FLOPPING, he's proven to be the lesser of the two evils.

MAIN STATE ISSUE
Third congressional district- Zach Wamp (R) vs John Wolfe (D)

My vote- Zach Wamp

Why- The two greatest administrations of our generation were the Reagan and Clinton presidencies. During these administrations, both had made compromises simply because they both faced a congress dominated by the opposing party; it worked out. I'm convinced that a presidency of one party, combined with a congress of another party, will get the job done within the next few years.

MAIN LOCAL ISSUE
A provision in which our city can pass ordinances that can go into effect immediately, versus waiting six months after the measure passes.

My vote- No

Why- We need time to be aware of and adjust to new legislation; this city passes ordinances late into the evening; under this provision, you can find yourself breaking the law and not even know it within hours after an ordinance has been passed.

I'll keep you updated on the results here; I ask of you to provide me information of what you think is going on in your state!

:usa:

your rhetoric causes me to not want to reply. you say no rhetoric, then you spew rhetoric.

Ok - so far we have the following states reporting their winners:

Indiana - Bush
Kentucky - Bush
Georgia - Bush

electoral.gif

Someone should make this thread sticky - at least throughout tonight.. ;)

freeandfun1 said:
your rhetoric causes me to not want to reply. you say no rhetoric, then you spew rhetoric.

Rhetoric refers to long winded speech making; I'd told you what I'd voted for and why; in other words my little ignorant friend, it's my way of saying keep your posting simple. Well, at least I'm not running around the forum, like a little b#$ch, screaming like I need to be b#$chslapped. Here, let me solve that for you.
:slap:

"Stupid is as stupid does!" -Forrest Gump

:whip:

When it comes to the facts, whose your daddy?

freeandfun1- Hylandr!!!!

I think they are going to call South Carolina for Bush shortly.

So far the vote looks about 57% v 42% so far.

Seeing Bush winning thus far is like watching Michigan State dominating Michigan, before they choked. It looks good simply because the these were the states Bush was suppose to win. I wouldn't celebrate too early. :alco:

hylandrdet said:
Seeing Bush winning thus far is like watching Michigan State dominating Michigan, before they choked. It looks good simply because the these were the states Bush was suppose to win. I wouldn't celebrate too early. :alco:
Nobody is 'celebrating', we are just reporting what has been won thus far. We are happy Bush has won these states, but we know they were intended to go Bush anyways, so it is no big surprise.

In Kentucky, we've already been called for Bush (no surprise there). We have voted for Bush in slightly higher or the same percentage as we did in 2000. Our 4 Republican representatives are surviving, one of the two Democrat reps (Clooney) is going down.

As for the Senate race (Bunning, R): Western Kentucky is in the Central Zone so its the main area reporting now. That region is more conservative than the rest of the state so should trend Bunning's direction. He might yet survive.

We approved a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage by 3 to 1.

ChrisH said:
Nobody is 'celebrating', we are just reporting what has been won thus far. We are happy Bush has won these states, but we know they were intended to go Bush anyways, so it is no big surprise.

I agree, not to mention that the so called states that went to Bush have not closed their polls yet.

hylandrdet said:
I agree, not to mention that the so called states that went to Bush have not closed their polls yet.
True, but I think they will go to Bush, I doubt a sudden swing to Kerry's column. We will have to wait and see what happens as polls continue to close.

That's all I'd asked from you.

Region results:

In Georgia, gay marriages has been banned there as well; 86 to 14.

Keep the info coming :bye1:

Forum List

Back