Live Aid vs Woodstock

I don't know if you can even compare the two because things were so different in 1969 than they were in 1985. I also think it depends on your age when these events took place.

Yeah, I think there's much truth in that, too.

Woodstock was a impossible mess; having the equipment for a few thousand and having a few hundred thousand showing up? That sounds like a smashing good time, maybe you could hear one of the concerts if you were lucky. Don't even mention that it was pissing rain, while half of them were just drunk frat boys bummin out on bad acid cause they couldn't tell the difference between the good stuff and Drain-o. Then no porta-potties, no restrooms, how much that must've smelled - I don't even want to imagine.

Being out in the middle of God-knows-where you know the only people who really showed up en masse were mostly the 'weekend warriors' from college who had to "fight the power" after being good college approved activists at Dartmouth, Harvard, whatnot while their rich mommies and daddies bought them, or rented them a car to go be activists at this Woodstock place. Like if that doesn't sound like the exact opposite of what the anti-materialistic creed of the hippie movement; then I don't know what does.

Of course, it was totally hyphy, or whatever. Poor ass party thing it was...

Whydija stop rambling?

I don't know if you can even compare the two because things were so different in 1969 than they were in 1985. I also think it depends on your age when these events took place.

Yeah, I think there's much truth in that, too.

I think there's some truth, but I frequently see comparisons between the beginning of the Obama admin and the beginning of the Clinton, a similar period of time.

Since every person that was alive and in their teens or twenties went to Woodstock, there had to be at least 6 or 7 million people there. Based on that, nothing else comes close. :lol:

Last edited:
George Bowman: You're going to be a grandma?
Helen: [laughs incredulously] No, no, no, no. I'm too young to be a grandmother. Grandmothers are old. They bake, and they sew, and they tell you stories about the Depression.
[shouts]
Helen: I was at Woodstock, for Christ's sake! I peed in a field! I hung on to The Who's helicopter as it flew away!
[gestures wildly]
George Bowman: I was at Woodstock.
Helen: [shouts] Oh yeah? I thought you looked familiar!

:lol:

It's media hype, the news that is.

Largely, yes.

I'm waiting for "Swine Aid".

I don't understand the major panic over the swine flu. Thousands of people die from other strains of flu year after year so why did this become such a story when there were only a small number of deaths from it?

Slow news week ... well, I wish that was it.

It's the health industry conning us out of tax dollars really, as usual.

Forum List

Back