little green men?

why does everyone assume they have the 'right' to know everything. I mean..honestly - Where is 'the right to know' guaranteed by the Constitution? People claim they have a 'right to know' ALL the Military's TSNS...

:-/

Of course, it would be cool if I DID know more TSNS; it's just not required. :)

why does everyone assume they have the 'right' to know everything. I mean..honestly - Where is 'the right to know' guaranteed by the Constitution?

Our government is for the people, by the people, so the people have the right to know. That's how someone who wanted to know could argue. Personally, I don't think we should know everything, though it would be cool to know what happened in Roswell, and what's in Area 51.

Originally posted by Dan
Our government is for the people, by the people, so the people have the right to know. That's how someone who wanted to know could argue. Personally, I don't think we should know everything, though it would be cool to know what happened in Roswell, and what's in Area 51.

:-/

That has nothing to do w/ it...the government is NOT run 'by the people'...it's run by individuals who are eleceted to do the 'greater good' for the nation.

the government is NOT run 'by the people'...it's run by individuals who are eleceted to do the 'greater good' for the nation.
Elected... by the people.

A democracy is (supposedly) a system of government in which the people hold the majority of the power. Therefore, as deluded as our power may be, we are technically the bosses of all elected officials, and as such many feel that they shouldn't keep secrets from us.

Originally posted by Dan
Elected... by the people.

A democracy is (supposedly) a system of government in which the people hold the majority of the power. Therefore, as deluded as our power may be, we are technically the bosses of all elected officials, and as such many feel that they shouldn't keep secrets from us.

Very true... but the US is a republic, not a democracy. And, as we all know, while our congressmen are elected directly, the President is not. While the people hold the ultimate power, we delegate that power to our elected officials - including the power to keep secret the things that should be secret for national security purposes.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Very true... but the US is a republic, not a democracy. And, as we all know, while our congressmen are elected directly, the President is not. While the people hold the ultimate power, we delegate that power to our elected officials - including the power to keep secret the things that should be secret for national security purposes.

;)

Yeah, I mean, I agree with you guys, I'm just telling you what someone who disagrees might say.

Forum List

Back