Little Girl Killed For What She Saw?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
truly a sad case, i hope this bastard gets the death penalty

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...91.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=2&cset=true

Drowned Ind. Girl May Have Seen Drug Deal

By Associated Press
Published February 4, 2005, 3:09 PM CST

BROWNSTOWN, Ind. -- A man charged with killing a 10-year-old girl whose body was found in a creek told investigators her abduction was intended to scare her into keeping quiet about methamphetamine activities in her neighborhood, prosecutors said.

Charles Hickman, 20, did not speak to reporters as he was led into a courthouse for a hearing Friday on murder and criminal confinement charges in the death of Katlyn Collman.

Court documents filed by prosecutors said that Collman drowned about 15 miles from her hometown of Crothersville. Her body was found Sunday and she had last been seen five days earlier as she walked three blocks home from an errand to buy toilet paper.

Hickman told investigators that Collman was brought to his home by the residents of an apartment near the store where she had shopped, the documents alleged. He said the residents were worried Collman had seen them producing or using methamphetamine and that she might tell others what she had seen, according to the documents.

"They decided to scare her with the hope that she would be intimidated enough to keep her observations to herself," FBI agent James Kouns wrote in an affidavit.

Prosecutors allege that Hickman tied the girl's hands behind her back. Hickman first told investigators the girl tried to run away and fell into the creek, but also said he might have "bumped" her into the water.

Prosecutors had not decided whether to seek the death penalty against Hickman.

The girl's death was the first homicide in 25 years in the town of about 1,500 people some 40 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

Copyright © 2005, The Associated Press

Johnney said:
yeah thats definalty someone who needs to die!

Absolutely. That story of his sounds pretty damned thin, but even if it's accepted, he caused this little girl's death in the commission of a felony. I'm no lawyer, but I believe thar satisfies death penalty specifications in most states.

Besides, he's a worthless bastard. He doesn't need to be using up decent people's air.

They are still arresting young people connected to this murder. One is only 17 years old. The girl's father said these people had nothing to fear from his daughter, that she would not have known what was going on even if she did observe their using or making meth. How ironic that, by murdering this 10-year old girl to keep her quiet, they blew the lid off their activities themselves.

Fuck prison and the death penalty. Break their knees and roll them into the creek-bed where they murdered her. Let the scavengers take care of them.

Bullypulpit said:
Fuck prison and the death penalty. Break their knees and roll them into the creek-bed where they murdered her. Let the scavengers take care of them.

Oh yeah! Exactly. I always said that our death penalties are not done right. If you're going to practice *an eye for an eye* then you have to do just that.
Kill them as close to the way they killed as you can. That's the only way they'll have enough fear to think about what they do before they do it. I never thought lethal injection was something so bad, but knowing I could end up hog tied and thrown into a lake would scare me. I'm not saying this so good but you get the idea.

Like I said in the thread about the tortured teens. Castrate with rusty, salt-encrusted spoon. Then put him in prison and "leak" what he's in for. My guess is he won't live through the first year and it'll be a lot more painful than getting the frickin' needle.

Hobbit, you have a sense of revenge like I do when one person takes another's life without giving it a second thought. From what I've read in the newspapers about this case, this young man has never exhibited any signs of remorse or regret for what he did. Perhaps people would think twice about commiting a crime if they knew what they did to their victim would be done to them, i.e., in this case, typing his hands behind his back and throwing him in an ice cold lake to drown.

Adam's Apple said:
Hobbit, you have a sense of revenge like I do when one person takes another's life without giving it a second thought. From what I've read in the newspapers about this case, this young man has never exhibited any signs of remorse or regret for what he did. Perhaps people would think twice about commiting a crime if they knew what they did to their victim would be done to them, i.e., in this case, typing his hands behind his back and throwing him in an ice cold lake to drown.

Let the punishment fit the crime :)

Forum List

Back