Little Bobby Jindal throws tantrum ignoring voters and issueing EO legalizing discrimination

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Bobby Jindal Allows LGBT Discrimination With an Executive Order Care2 Causes

"When a license to discriminate bill that Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal had personally supported failed to get through the legislature this week, Jindal vowed that he would sign an executive order to “protect religious freedom.” What that adds up to, LGBT rights advocates say, is Jindal legislating from the governor’s office to give the religious the privilege of lawfully discriminating against LGBT people.

The legislation, known as HB 707 or the Louisiana Marriage and Conscience Act, would have created religious freedom exemptions for anyone opposed to same-sex marriage. Essentially, that would mean that any business or person could refuse to provide services for a married gay couple or honor or recognize a same-sex couple’s marriage.

This was seen as a preemptive strike against a possible Supreme Court ruling at the end of June that would end Louisiana’s ban on marriage equality. LGBT rights groups had lobbied against the bill, saying it essentially licensed discrimination in a way that was even more explicit than the bills that were passed but later amended in Indiana and Arkansas. Fortunately, Democratic lawmakers were able to prevent the Louisiana bill from advancing out of committee this week, effectively killing it in the process.

Governor Jindal decided that he would not allow that to be the end of the matter though and a mere two hours after the bill was defeated on Tuesday, Jindal’s office released a statement that he would create an executive order to accomplish the same aims as the bill."

rest at link

So this is how democracy dies.

Circumventing voters, especially after you asked them their opinion and they gave it, but it didn't go your way, is heinous.

So what, you people really have a lot of nerve pointing a finger at a governor using his pen after Obama ignores congress and the courts and uses his pen. You're chickens are coming home to roost, eat it.

I'm not an Obamaphile.

Link to even one post of yours calling Obama out on him using his pen? I won't hold my breath waiting.

Go find the Israel nuclear disclosure threads. The kindly go fuck yourself.

So what, you people really have a lot of nerve pointing a finger at a governor using his pen after Obama ignores congress and the courts and uses his pen. You're chickens are coming home to roost, eat it.

I'm not an Obamaphile.

Link to even one post of yours calling Obama out on him using his pen? I won't hold my breath waiting.

Awww you mad bro? Look if you start a threat that's dripping with hypocrisy and double standards expect to be called out on it.

Circumventing voters, especially after you asked them their opinion and they gave it, but it didn't go your way, is heinous.

Wait, I thought rights can ignore voters....That's the whole premise of getting SSM passed through the courts.

I'm not an Obamaphile.

Awww you mad bro? Look if you start a threat that's dripping with hypocrisy and double standards expect to be called out on it.

At the tired conservative line of, 'if ya don't like one of us, you must like our opposition?' No. Have threads here suggesting various Republicans for 2016 including intelligence agency directors, and Chris Christy. I'm no more democrat or even liberal than Jindal. I just don't like Jindal, or anyone else getting his way via political dodge right after the voters told him to go stuff it.

"When a license to discriminate bill that Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal had personally supported failed to get through the legislature this week, Jindal vowed that he would sign an executive order to “protect religious freedom.” What that adds up to, LGBT rights advocates say, is Jindal legislating from the governor’s office to give the religious the privilege of lawfully discriminating against LGBT people.

The legislation, known as HB 707 or the Louisiana Marriage and Conscience Act, would have created religious freedom exemptions for anyone opposed to same-sex marriage. Essentially, that would mean that any business or person could refuse to provide services for a married gay couple or honor or recognize a same-sex couple’s marriage.

This was seen as a preemptive strike against a possible Supreme Court ruling at the end of June that would end Louisiana’s ban on marriage equality. LGBT rights groups had lobbied against the bill, saying it essentially licensed discrimination in a way that was even more explicit than the bills that were passed but later amended in Indiana and Arkansas. Fortunately, Democratic lawmakers were able to prevent the Louisiana bill from advancing out of committee this week, effectively killing it in the process.

Governor Jindal decided that he would not allow that to be the end of the matter though and a mere two hours after the bill was defeated on Tuesday, Jindal’s office released a statement that he would create an executive order to accomplish the same aims as the bill."

rest at link

What I'm seeing is an attempt to refuse LGBT the right to discriminate against Religious Freedoms.

I'm not an Obamaphile.

At the tired conservative line of, 'if ya don't like one of us, you must like our opposition?' No. Have threads here suggesting various Republicans for 2016 including intelligence agency directors, and Chris Christy. I'm no more democrat or even liberal than Jindal. I just don't like Jindal, or anyone else getting his way via political dodge right after the voters told him to go stuff it.

That might fly if I had not read your previous threads and posts which seem predominately far left.

rest at link

So you're saying the faggots have the right to be protected but religious people don't.

At least you're not afraid to show your hypocrisy

rest at link

So you're saying the faggots have the right to be protected but religious people don't.

How is allowing people to use religion as an excuse to discriminate, "protecting religious freedom"?

As I said before, Bobby is about to learn that, while he thought he was in charge of Louisiana, it has actually always been run by corporations. Bobby is about to take a trip to the woodshed for a lesson in economics;

rest at link

How is allowing people to use religion as an excuse to discriminate, "protecting religious freedom"?
It doesn't.

The issue has nothing to do with "religious freedom."

Forum List

Back