Lithium battery

Sirkarl101

Nov 20, 2011
EnerDel lithium batteries made right here in the U.S is currently having legal problems with stock holders but their product is very promising. I see that there are some guides to retro fit your gas engine with battery at a reasonable price if you do it yourself and it appears fairly easy.
If the car manufacturers were willing to sell the models with the option of without motor so a person could install the electric motor of choice this would be an entire niche market for those who wish to make the parts, install for others, not to mention the jobs installing charging stations, producing batteries, custom options such as electric battery shelves to easily examine batteries.
Another option or creation would be that of a solar generator designed for onboard or home use that can transfer reserved power to your vehicle. Grille mounted wind turbines as well as wheel generators like those for lights on our bikes could be explored. I have been working on many designs.

Now is the time friends, If a large group of us were willing to sacrafice our time to put something together, we as people would prosper, more important we as a country would benefit.

I know I am too old at 52 to dream but I can not stop. Happy Holidays to each of you I respect all of your input, both positive and positive. :lol:

EnerDel lithium batteries made right here in the U.S is currently having legal problems with stock holders but their product is very promising. I see that there are some guides to retro fit your gas engine with battery at a reasonable price if you do it yourself and it appears fairly easy.
If the car manufacturers were willing to sell the models with the option of without motor so a person could install the electric motor of choice this would be an entire niche market for those who wish to make the parts, install for others, not to mention the jobs installing charging stations, producing batteries, custom options such as electric battery shelves to easily examine batteries.
Another option or creation would be that of a solar generator designed for onboard or home use that can transfer reserved power to your vehicle. Grille mounted wind turbines as well as wheel generators like those for lights on our bikes could be explored. I have been working on many designs.

Now is the time friends, If a large group of us were willing to sacrafice our time to put something together, we as people would prosper, more important we as a country would benefit.

I know I am too old at 52 to dream but I can not stop. Happy Holidays to each of you I respect all of your input, both positive and positive. :lol:

"Grille mounted wind turbines?"

You're a total loon.

An idea about 20 years too early.
But it has to start sometime.

the customization of our electric rides will start after they gain general acceptance from necessity.

the customization of our electric rides will start after they gain general acceptance from necessity.

20 years might be right. Battery cars will be accepted when the freaking things work for more than 35 miles at 35 miles per hour. They will be manufactured when factories can make a profit, not when Stalinist regimes tell them to make the crap.

"Grille mounted wind turbines?" You're a total loon.

If wind hits it and it spins an electricity generation device, why not? That combined with wheel generators, hell even utilizing the drive shafts like they do for the ABS, for this purpose, seems plausible. Nothing wrong with being creative.

Last edited:

If wind hits it and it spins an electricity generation device, why not? That combined with wheel generators, hell even utilizing the drive shafts like they do for the ABS, for this purpose, seems plausible. Nothing wrong with being creative.
He probably denies the functionability of the alternator too.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH6k_jQG_rg]Lithium Americas - Argentina (2010) - YouTube[/ame]

A grille-mounted wind turbine is not free energy. The drag of the turbine would slow the vehicle (albeit by not much), and that drag would have to be overcome by the drive motor and batteries. Even with a 100% efficient system, the best you can hope for is to break even. Since no system is 100% efficient, there would be a net loss.

The wheel generators you talk about are not needed. In regenerative braking, the drive wheels supply mechanical energy to the drive motor, which then acts as a generator, feeding power back into the storage battery. This is old, established technology.

A grille-mounted wind turbine is not free energy. The drag of the turbine would slow the vehicle (albeit by not much), and that drag would have to be overcome by the drive motor and batteries. Even with a 100% efficient system, the best you can hope for is to break even. Since no system is 100% efficient, there would be a net loss.

The wheel generators you talk about are not needed. In regenerative braking, the drive wheels supply mechanical energy to the drive motor, which then acts as a generator, feeding power back into the storage battery. This is old, established technology.

I don't think mounting a grill mounted wind turbine directly on the grill would be too good of an idea either, I was thinking along the lines of like a ram air type set up to funnel the air to the blades of the device installed further into the engine bay.
Of course at low speed city driving it would be less useful then longer trips at highway speeds, but every little bit would help.
Looking into everything that spins and investigating if applying the generator technology would work= good idea.

I don't think mounting a grill mounted wind turbine directly on the grill would be too good of an idea either, I was thinking along the lines of like a ram air type set up to funnel the air to the blades of the device installed further into the engine bay.
Of course at low speed city driving it would be less useful then longer trips at highway speeds, but every little bit would help.
Looking into everything that spins and investigating if applying the generator technology would work= good idea.
Any car-mounted generating device that adds drag will use more power than it produces.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

20 years might be right. Battery cars will be accepted when the freaking things work for more than 35 miles at 35 miles per hour. They will be manufactured when factories can make a profit, not when Stalinist regimes tell them to make the crap.

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

Whitey, it ain't 1950 anymore.

As a senior battery application provider in mainland China, Dongguan Large Electronic Co., Ltd is always committed to serving industrial users, offering the most optimal battery solutions and supplying battery products with superior quality and competitive prices.Welcome to visit:large-battery.com to buy the quality lithium battery.

Forum List

Back