Literary Genre of The Bible?

What literary genre do you think the Bible falls under?

• Total voters

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams

The reason I ask is because I was recently perusing a local Barnes & Noble and they had the Bible in the section for "Historical Fiction".

Please vote and discuss.

• Banned
I voted 'Other', because I think 'religious texts' deserves it's own genre, albeit a pretty small one considering.

It is clearly a religious book that has been around longer than any book in B&N. I am not saying you have to agree with it Just as an example what is playboy, fact or fiction, I expect fiction r make that plastic surgery.

The reason I ask is because I was recently perusing a local Barnes & Noble and they had the Bible in the section for "Historical Fiction".

Please vote and discuss.

It isn't non fiction, because there is no evidence the Bible is fact. It isn't historical fiction for the same reason. I would put it under fiction.

Please vote and discuss.

That is most likely a mistake.

The Bible would fall under Religion or Theology.

Please vote and discuss.

It isn't non fiction, because there is no evidence the Bible is fact. It isn't historical fiction for the same reason. I would put it under fiction.

There are some facts intertwined in the stories and miracles.

However, if the bible was not a religious text, which section of the bookstore/library would it go? I would say fiction--since then miracles would then beconsidered leaps of fantasies.

But some people believe in them, and use them to "found"(as in foundation--but I don't think there is a word for this terminology!) their faiths on. So it should go into religion and theology.

Forum List

Back