Listening to Sen. Lieberman call for stricter controls on the entertainment industry

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Today on Fox News Sunday he suggested that the entertainment industry doesn't regulate itself sufficiently.

Restricting violence in movies or games would not have made this mentally ill individual less ill. Restricting the rights of many because of a VERY FEW is not the answer.

I have known people who had children with severe dissabilities like this and have seen first hand CRAZY outbursts precipitated by something as silly as a dropped icecream cone.

Rather than restricting individuals like this mans right to access weapons or helping him seek help we are jumping to the conclusion that we must restrict everyone rights???

• Banned
Movies that are rated R can contain violence and are restricted from minors.

Games that are rated M can contain violence and are restricted from minors.

Where do you see the problem?

Hint.......mom and pop

Its a parental issue not an entertainment issue.

Interesting question Gramps, this issue and the knee jerk responses to the shootings on Friday make me first wonder where the parents are, and why many parents feel helpless in dealing with their own kids, and how much do these prescription drugs that seem to be flowing freely to children are the answer.

I have no answers as most Americans don't, otherwise it would be done and it would be stopped.

I have heard more gun regulation is needed, restrict the intake of violence, hold parents responsible, stopping the flow of prescription medication.

• Banned
I somewhat agree on the drug issue. I mean some of the drugs you see advertised on tv have psycotic behaviors as a list of possible side effects. Take a pill for depression and one of its listed side effects is suicide?

And no one sees any red flags here?

In the old days before children murdered in mass they werent drugged like they are now. Coincidence?

The answer is to not give into blind emotion and jeopardize our civil liberties with some false ‘solution’ in an effort to assuage our fear and sorrow.

It will not only be guns and violent media that will be under political attack during the coming weeks, it will be the Constitution as well.

Today on Fox News Sunday he suggested that the entertainment industry doesn't regulate itself sufficiently.

Restricting violence in movies or games would not have made this mentally ill individual less ill. Restricting the rights of many because of a VERY FEW is not the answer.

I have known people who had children with severe dissabilities like this and have seen first hand CRAZY outbursts precipitated by something as silly as a dropped icecream cone.

Rather than restricting individuals like this mans right to access weapons or helping him seek help we are jumping to the conclusion that we must restrict everyone rights???

Yep! To take on control of violence in America we're gonna have to deal with both the first and second amendments!

And to make things more complicated Soros and his liberal friends want to legalize drugs!

Forum List

Back