List the most idiotic government created jobs thread

pvsi.

Nov 17, 2011
This thread is not to say that government is completely useless, I understand very well that without national highway system, or without tax payer funded government/military invented internet we would be way behind,

But this thread is to list all the idiotic jobs government creates just to keep some idiots occupied and happy:

I go first, you list what else you come up with
- For example to collect fees from small businesses, such as $370/year food serving lisence, some jobs government creates are to go to Alaska and watch white bears poop...

Your turn...

EPA's testing every month of cow hoof's dust.
how much does this cost the farmers for the testing and how much is consumers paying for this stupid useless testing?
Can you imagine what a persons look would be when they ask you, what is your job?
I work for the government going out every month to farms and test how much dust is kicked up by cow hoofs.

Can you imagine what a persons look would be when they ask you, what is your job?
I work for the government going out every month to farms and test how much dust is kicked up by cow hoofs.
I'm sure they have a nicer name for their "occupation"

I'm sure they have a nicer name for their "occupation"

Looked it up...........Kind of seems weird, but one has to think about how much we give African countries for AIDS/HIV care and wonder if maybe we should try teaching prevention methods. ;)

The Terrible 20: Stupid Government Programs That Should Be Cut 20.The “What’s Up With Owls” Fact-Finding Commisson ($6 billion)
19.Keep The Kardashians On TV Legacy Loan Program ($499 million)
18.Supplementary Assistance to the NAACP (National Association for the Assembly of Cat People) ($40)
17.Senate Investigative Sub-Committee on Owning Outer Space ($2 trillion)
16.Dept Of Defense Exploratory Report: "Why Are Clowns Scary?" ($600)
15.Tourism Earmark: Construction of Mt. Asbestos Kiddie Park (Helena, Montana) ($54 million)
14.Federal Funding for the Second "Secret" NASA That Deals With All That Weird Alien S*** Like In Those Will Smith Movies ($78 billion)
13.Dept Of Defense: Sea Monkey Super Soldier Project ($48 million)
12.The "Big Ol’ Capital Building" Moat Fund ($62 million)
11.Jurassic Park Prevention Program To Keep Dinosaurs Extinct ($200 million)
10.Federal Funding for the "Bring Waldo Home" Search Committee (Number Unknown) – Joy McVey
9.The Sub-Committee to determine who in congress has the best planking/owling picture. (86 billion) – Rosemarie Carman Clemons
8.The 50 Stars Program: Preventing North Dakota and South Dakota from settling their differences and becoming one Dakota. ($427 Million) – Nikachu Brueggemann
7.Federal Subsidies for Truck Nuts Manufacturers ($16 million). – Mitch Garrard
6.Federal Funding To Ensure That All CD And DVD Packaging Remain Pointlessly Difficult To Open ($79 billion). – Darrell Kannwischer
5.FCC: Anti-Indecency Measures to Cover Up Liberty Bell's Crack ($179,000). – William J. Hammon
4."My first Nuclear Reactor" Kids Program (50 million) – Arvin Sotes
3.The Search Team Responsible for Finding Carmen Sandiego ($100 million) – Alex Ullman
2.Congressional Night Out At Dave And Buster’s Fund ($10 million) – Joey Hough
1.The "Maybe Our Deficit Will Disappear If We Cover Our Eyes" Initiative ($1,407,487,395,186) – Spencer Secoy
The Terrible 20: Stupid Government Programs @ TeamCoco.com

1. Forest Service to Replace Windows in Visitor Center
Closed in 2007 (Amboy, WA) – $554,763

2. “Dance Draw” – Interactive Dance Software Development
(Charlotte, NC) – $762,372

3. Ants Talk. Taxpayers Listen (San Francisco, CA) – $1.9million

4. Town Replaces New Sidewalks With Newer Sidewalks
That Lead to Ditch (Boynton, OK) – $89,298

5. Scientist Attempts to Create Joke Machine (Evanston, IL) – $712,883

6. Jamming for Dollars (Atlanta, GA) – $762,372

7. DTV “Experts” Plug Boxes Into a Wall (Buffalo, NY) – $350,000

8. Museum With 44 Annual Visitors Gets Funding for Bug Storage (Raleigh, NC) -$253,123

9. Reducing Menopausal Hot Flashes Through Yoga (Winston-Salem, NC) – $294,958

10. Stimulus Funds Going to the Dogs (Ithaca, NY)505 – $296,385

10 Most Stupid Stimulus Spending Items – Laugh or Cry?

Forum List

Back