List of things that require photo identification

Then why require ID for anything? Why not just have everyone 'attest' that they are who they say they are? By the way, I am actually Warren Buffet. Really, I am. Trust me, I wouldn't lie....

Show ID, prove who you are, or don't vote.....

I can't help but wonder if you have ever registered to vote. If you had, you would realize how stupid you sound. You already have to prove who you are and where you live when you register.

Here in California, if I know a person's name and address and that person is registered to vote, I can walk into the polling place and vote for him. Disenfranchising him. That is fraud. If you think that has never happened, you are living in Fantasyland.

Prove it has happened.

If you voted as your neighbor, and then he showed up to vote, what do you think would happen?

You are the one living in fantasy.

Prove to me this justifies Voter ID.

As for identity theft, your cure is worse than the disease. Putting everyone's DNA into a central government database is not the way to go. That is insane subordination to tyranny.
Do you consider it any more subordinating than government having all the information it already has about you? What exactly is it you are so worried about?

That the government already has information on me is not a reason to give them more, Herr Fuhrer.

So I want to use my credit card on Amazon, say. How would a biometric card prevent me from using a fake identity and someone else's credit card number?

It wouldn't.

Are you going to have my DNA on every shopping site I use? That's brilliant! They can't even keep credit card numbers secure, and now you are going to have my DNA stolen as well.

What exactly am I worried about? Tyranny, Herr Fuhrer.

Plus, I bet it would take five minutes for a seasoned hacker to fake someone's DNA file.
And you'd lose that bet.

Not at all. Like I said, they can't even keep electronic files of credit card numbers secure. There is no special quality about an electronic DNA file that makes it immune to hacking.

I'd win in a heartbeat.

I can't help but wonder if you have ever registered to vote. If you had, you would realize how stupid you sound. You already have to prove who you are and where you live when you register.

Here in California, if I know a person's name and address and that person is registered to vote, I can walk into the polling place and vote for him. Disenfranchising him. That is fraud. If you think that has never happened, you are living in Fantasyland.

Prove it has happened.

If you voted as your neighbor, and then he showed up to vote, what do you think would happen?

You are the one living in fantasy.

Prove to me this justifies Voter ID.

What do you think would happen?? What if your neighbor dies and you vote for him?? :eusa_eh:

Oh and you know dead people in SC can vote, they don't need voter ID..........http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/south-carolinas-attorney-general-detects-voter-fraud-for-primaries

Last edited:
And why are you so opposed to government having your DNA on file? How could that be harmful to you?

Please tell me you are not arguing that if I am doing nothing wrong I have nothing to worry about.

Please tell me you are not that stupid.

The idea that governments use the information they have on you only for your protection and not for your prosecution is about as gullible as it gets.

Last edited:
Ind. election chief found guilty of voter fraud - CBS News
False statement of residence. ID would have prevented it.
Next objection?

Proving his residence at registration would have prevented it.

Notice how he voted in another district? ID would not have prevented that.
<snip>

You contradict yourself in bold.

Further, every year I organize several voter registration drives.
ID is NOT required at time of registration.

He had to have given the fake address when he registered. Therefore, the registration process needs to be fixed.

And if ID is not required, then your registration needs to be fixed.

However, I have read the voter registration for a great many states, and every one of them requires some proof of identity and residence. They don't all require a photo ID or a driver's license, but they do require proof you are who you say you are.

I am sure your state is the same.

If there are holes in the registration process, then you should be pitching a bitch about it instead of calling for another bureaucratic layer.

8 pages now and not a single actual case of voter fraud which could only have been prevented by Voter ID.

The only attempt made in this topic so far was ONE GUY. And his fraud was a result of faking his voter registration address. So fixing the registration process will fix that problem.

I have set the bar really, really low. If I wanted to make it more realistic, I would ask for evidence of elections being swung due to a lack of Voter ID. One guy does not swing elections, and his fraud was related to voter registration.

All you guys have left are imaginary scenarios.

This SCREAMS that you are pushing a solution in search of a problem.

You are being manipulated.

Last edited:
8 pages now and not a single actual case of voter fraud which could only have been prevented by Voter ID.

I have set the bar really, really low. If I wanted to make it more realistic, I would ask for evidence of elections being swung due to a lack of Voter ID.

All you guys have are imaginary scenarios.

It seems you are skipping over my posts........I have given several examples. :)

Well, it just so happens the Supreme Court..........that third branch of our government, thinks voter ID laws are OK.

Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

Just one incident of voter fraud is one too many. There were 113 in Minnesota alone in the 2008 elections. http://www.electionintegritywatch.com/documents/2011-Report-Voter-Fraud-Convictions.pdf

From your link:

While some ineligible felon voters registered in advance of the election and should have been flagged for challenge, the overwhelming majority who evaded detection used Election Day Registration, which currently has no mechanism to detect or prevent ineligible voters.

Again, this can simply fixed by proper maintenance of voter registration. It clearly says it currently has no mechanism to detect ineligible voters. This is easily fixed without Voter ID.

In a letter dated Thursday, Wilson says the analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters listed as dead. In 71 percent of those cases, ballots were cast between two months and 76 months after the people died. That means they "voted" up to 6 1/3 years after their death.

As I stated earlier in the thread, if dead people are on the voter registration rolls, that is because the rolls were not properly maintained.

6 and a half years since they died and they are STILL on the voter registration rolls!

Again, a problem which can and should be fixed. And would not be fixed with Voter ID. Those dead people would still be on the rolls with Voter ID.

I have set the bar really, really low. If I wanted to make it more realistic, I would ask for evidence of elections being swung due to a lack of Voter ID.

All you guys have are imaginary scenarios.

It seems you are skipping over my posts........I have given several examples. :)
No fraudulent votes were actually cast. But in nine instances, clerks readily handed over ballots after a would-be voter implied he was the city resident, recently deceased, still listed on the voter checklist, according to a video posted on the Internet.
From the article. That is why provisional ballots would stop any such attempt to VOTE. Note the article is from the Union Leader, which in the past has shown admitted bias. Bill Loeb passed in the early 1900's; whether the paper has changed is the question.

The only attempt made in this topic so far was ONE GUY. And his fraud was a result of faking his voter registration address. So fixing the registration process will fix that problem.

I have set the bar really, really low. If I wanted to make it more realistic, I would ask for evidence of elections being swung due to a lack of Voter ID. One guy does not swing elections, and his fraud was related to voter registration.

LOL No research capabilities?

Washington State governors race.

You should read up.

Just one incident of voter fraud is one too many. There were 113 in Minnesota alone in the 2008 elections. http://www.electionintegritywatch.com/documents/2011-Report-Voter-Fraud-Convictions.pdf

Think this through:

While some ineligible felon voters registered in advance of the election and should have been flagged for challenge, the overwhelming majority who evaded detection used Election Day Registration, which currently has no mechanism to detect or prevent ineligible voters.

How would showing an ID have stopped these felons from voting?

It wouldn't have.

Blazing evidence the problem is in the management of registration rolls.

You should read up.

You should provide evidence.

The burden of proof we need Voter ID is on the claimant.

You should read up.

You should provide evidence.

Heres a hint The year was 2004, even the judge in the case stated quite clearly fraud had been comitted.

If you dont have the balls to do your home work just shut up.

Here we are, 6 or 7 pages in, and no one has a case of voter fraud in over two centures of voting which cannot be solved by anything other than Voter ID.

If this was an actual problem, you guys would have one right at your fingertips. But you don't.

This SCREAMS of a solution looking for a problem.

Wake up.

Perhaps you need to go back and read the OP.
Nowhere in the OP is voter fraud mentioned, so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

Please provide a single case of voter fraud which can only be fixed by Voter ID and cannot be fixed by proper management of existing voter registration.

[...]
I don't know about specific voter ID but I believe a foolproof (biometric) Citizen ID Card would be a good thing. I know of no good reason why such an ID card should not be required.

Because we don't need one.

One either is a citizen or is not -- and if one is a citizen why not be willing to prove that as well as proving you are who you say you are?

I already proved my citizenship and residence when I registered to vote.

We've been doing this for well over two centuries without biometric cards. Is that amazing, or what?

Okay how about this analogy....

When you register your vehicle and get a DL you have proven who you are or else you wouldn't have been able to acquire said objects, correct?

But when you are stopped for a traffic violation, what is the first thing you are asked for? Oh that's right. ID. What happens if you tell the officer "hey I already proved who I am, I don't have to prove shit to you?"

Oh, that's right........

And what about this??

"MANCHESTER - The New Hampshire Attorney General has launched a comprehensive review of state voting procedures, after people obtained ballots of dead voters during the presidential primary on Tuesday."
AG probes voter fraud in NH after activists get ballots as dead people because they weren't ID'ed | New Hampshire NEWS0605

Who is it that has that EASY button??? I need to borrow it. :D

How many times do I have to repeat myself? How can a dead person vote if they are taken off the voter registration rolls?

They can't.

So stop using the same stupid examples. Dead people voting is not a problem that can only be solved by Voter ID.

Voter ID would not clean dead people off the voter registration rolls. Fix the actual problem.

So providing evidence of voter fraud which can only be solved by Voter ID and not by proper maintenance of voter registration rolls has NOT been found to be easy. It has, in fact, been shown to be impossible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back