List of things that require photo identification

This is clearly an imaginary need. And how do we know this? Because not a single one of you had an actual case of voter fraud in mind when you advocated for it. You conjure up scenarios in your head. It is all in your imagination. And that is how we know you don't actually have a legitimate need for it.

You are drinking the bongwater. Listen carefully to your puppet masters next time. Pay attention to every example they give is either imaginary or can be easily solved by proper management of voter registration.

Don't be stupid parrots.

See, you provide a list of stuff that needs an ID to cover up the fact you are not actually thinking of a real case that proves we need ID. Instead, we get a logical fallacy.

I asked for a case, and you went SEARCHING for one because you did not have an actual one in mind. That right there proves the problem is in your imagination.

This is clearly an imaginary need. And how do we know this? Because not a single one of you had an actual case of voter fraud in mind when you advocated for it. You conjure up scenarios in your head. It is all in your imagination. And that is how we know you don't actually have a legitimate need for it.

You are drinking the bongwater. Listen carefully to your puppet masters next time. Pay attention to every example they give is either imaginary or can be easily solved by proper management of voter registration.

Don't be stupid parrots.

Oh come on. Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that in the history of the US that no voter has ever went into a polling place and claimed to be someone they aren't in order to vote? Keep your demand for proof to yourself and answer the simple question.

Thanks for proving my point. They are still registered to vote.

Please provide a single case of voter fraud which can only be fixed by Voter ID and cannot be fixed by proper management of existing voter registration.

Not some fevered imaginary case in your mind, an actual case of voter fraud.

Thanks, but I am not a pedant.

The bottom line is simple - requiring voters to prove that they are who they say they is not a heavy burden, and is only opposed by liberals. I find that odd......

I'm not a liberal. I'm a conservative. And after several pages of asking for a single case, none of you have provided one that cannot be solved by voter registration.

This is evidence the problem is in your head. You have imaginary scenarios that don't actually exist.

Don't be stupid parrots.

Oh come on. Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that in the history of the US that no voter has ever went into a polling place and claimed to be someone they aren't in order to vote? Keep your demand for proof to yourself and answer the simple question.

See? An imaginary scenario! That's all you have!

Two and a quarter centuries, ladies and gentlemen. And you can come up with anything?

Hmmm. That should tell you something. What has changed that we suddenly need this?

Nothing.

Thanks for proving my point. They are still registered to vote.

Please provide a single case of voter fraud which can only be fixed by Voter ID and cannot be fixed by proper management of existing voter registration.

Thanks, but I am not a pedant.

The bottom line is simple - requiring voters to prove that they are who they say they is not a heavy burden, and is only opposed by liberals. I find that odd......

I'm not a liberal. I'm a conservative. And after several pages of asking for a single case, none of you have provided one that cannot be solved by voter registration.

This is evidence the problem is in your head. You have imaginary scenarios that don't actually exist.
I don't have any scenarios in my head. I simple feel that it is not an onerous burden to show ID to vote. It's not like they are asking for a blood sample or a cavity search....just an ID.

Proving his residence at registration would have prevented it.

Notice how he voted in another district? ID would not have prevented that.

Provided. Sorry if you want to ignore the evidence.

Nope. Everything so far is easily fixed by proper management of voter registration.

Doesn't that assume though that those in charge of the roles want the dead removed from the roles? I mean everyone uses Chicago as the example of dead men don't tell tales but they do vote. You seem to be assuming that we can trust the (D)'s and (R)'s to do their jobs.

Forgive me, but I have lost faith in the (D)'s and (R)'s.

I am for Photo ID to vote as long as ID's can be obtained free of charge for anyone who needs one.

Immie

Don't be stupid parrots.

Two and a quarter centuries, ladies and gentlemen. And you can come up with anything?

Hmmm. That should tell you something. What has changed that we suddenly need this?

Nothing.

Got it, you're a child and can't admit that this has without a doubt happened.

I will treat you accordingly.

Provided. Sorry if you want to ignore the evidence.

Nope. Everything so far is easily fixed by proper management of voter registration.

Doesn't that assume though that those in charge of the roles want the dead removed from the roles? I mean everyone uses Chicago as the example of dead men don't tell tales but they do vote. You seem to be assuming that we can trust the (D)'s and (R)'s to do their jobs.

I am for Photo ID to vote as long as ID's can be obtained free of charge for anyone who needs one.

Immie

So you have one entity that is broken and you want to add another entity? You seem to believe two government entities are less likely to be broken than one.

Ever hear of identity theft? There's another reality. That list you see in the OP, there are people doing most of those things with other people's names all the time. Writing checks, opening bank accounts, getting credit cards. It's a multi billion dollar industry, identity theft.

So ID is not as invulnerable as you think.

Last edited:

Nothing.

Got it, you're a child and can't admit that this has without a doubt happened.

I will treat you accordingly.

I see. So you don't have a single case that can't be fixed by proper voter registration managment, but you are going to IMAGINE you did provide one.

We can see who the child is.

And now you are going to run away like one?:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Please show me the passage in the United States Constitution where a "photo" ID is required to vote in this country.

Please show me where it is forbidden to require a person to prove they are who they say they are when voting.

That's it? That's all you got? What happened to all the right wing, "We support the constitution"?

Are you capable of acknowledging that not everyone who disagrees with you is "right wing?"

I COMPLETELY wish to follow the COTUS. But if the document doesn't address an issue, it doesn't address it. So when YOU call on us to look to the COTUS for guidance then YOU must show where the COTUS speaks on the issue. IT doesn't speak to this issue at ALL and so is therefor irrelevant to the discussion.

Although , I do believe that iif hard pressed I could make an argument that Voter ID is a matter of national security and therefor the government DOES have the Constitutional authority to act.

I don't have any scenarios in my head. I simple feel that it is not an onerous burden to show ID to vote. It's not like they are asking for a blood sample or a cavity search....just an ID.

There is no need for it. In 224 years, there never has been. You are adding a further impediment to voting. And so you must prove there is a need to do so.

Last edited:
I find it baffling that some conservatives feel we need more government imposed regulations to voting, especially since it is absolutely unnecessary.

Truly bizarre.

There is no need for it. In 224 years, there never has been. You are adding a further impediment to voting. And so you must prove there is a need to do so.

Meh...I think you will lose this argument. The citizenry is not stupid. The arguments against showing ID do not resonate with regular people - its not a burden or impediment. Proving identity is a regular part of life.

I find it baffling that some conservatives feel we need more government imposed regulations to voting, especially since it is absolutely unnecessary.

Truly bizarre.

I find it bizarre that ANYONE is stupid enough to try to act like they truly believe that requiring people to prve they are who they say they are is some sort of impediment to voting.

Immie

So you have one entity that is broken and you want to add another entity? You seem to believe two government entities are less likely to be broken than one.

Ever hear of identity theft? There's another reality. That list you see in the OP, there are people doing most of those things with other people's names all the time. Writing checks, opening bank accounts, getting credit cards. It's a multi billion dollar industry, identity theft.

So ID is not as invulnerable as you think.

Then why require ID for anything? Why not just have everyone 'attest' that they are who they say they are? By the way, I am actually Warren Buffet. Really, I am. Trust me, I wouldn't lie....

Show ID, prove who you are, or don't vote.....

Because of the enormous size and the increasing bureaucratic complexity of our society I strongly advocate mandatory issuance of a biometric citizen ID card. Such a card should contain a photo, fingerprint, iris or DNA coding, Social Security Number, critical medical info (blood type, medications, allergies, DNR, organ doner, etc.) and should be accessible via swiping at a central database (as per credit cards) terminal along with fingerprint and/or iris reader for instantaneous verification where necessary. The cost of implementing such an ID card program could be covered by charging a $10 fee per issuance (free to those below certain income levels).

Two critically important purposes served by such an infallible means of identification would be the end of illegal immigration and elimination of ID theft and petty fraud. So Government's reluctance to implement such a program is opposed to the People's interest.

Forum List

Back