Russia
OPEC
The Oil Companies
The Taliban
Hamas
Hezbolla
Osama Bin Laden
Nigeria

I am against a Gas Tax. It will further destroy our economy and it will ensure the less fortunate that still can afford a car will not be able to for much longer. It won't effect the rich at all. The low income and middle class will suffer. I thought you were against just that?

Raising the tax take right now is beyond idiotic. However, raising the gas tax and cutting the payroll tax such that it is revenue neutral is an efficient trade-off.

Payroll taxes are amongst the worst as they destroy jobs more than any other tax since they raise the cost of hiring people immediately. Cutting payroll taxes would have an instant stimulus effect and is an even better policy than infrastructure spending.

Raising the gas tax is a good offset because it is a consumption tax and consumption taxes are usually the most efficient taxes since they tax at the point of economic choice rather than within the production chain. It would also put more money into the coffers of America and less to oil exporting countries and encourage alternative energies.

I am against a Gas Tax. It will further destroy our economy and it will ensure the less fortunate that still can afford a car will not be able to for much longer. It won't effect the rich at all. The low income and middle class will suffer. I thought you were against just that?

It won't destroy anything. There will be some pain but this is America, and we do things that are tough but make us better in the long run.

And I don't believe your crocidle tears for a second over the poor's pain at higher pump prices.

I would suggest we don't raise the gas tax right now but do so in a year or two when the economy is stronger.

Funny thing is, a stronger economy might just make it a moot point anyway, as gas consumption will rise and so will the price. So who knows, might not even need it.

How will the poor survive the free market rise in gas prices gunny?

Funny thing is, a stronger economy might just make it a moot point anyway, as gas consumption will rise and so will the price. So who knows, might not even need it.

A stronger economy can handle an increase in the cost structure better than a weaker economy. Putting a gas tax on during a strong economy will not have much of an effect but putting on a gas tax during a weak economy will further weaken it.

I'm all for higher taxes. The more control the government has over my life, the better.

Maybe a nice flat tax would work. You can keep up to $5k in earnings per household member, and the rest goes to the government.
Who needs more than $5k a year if they live in government housing, get food stamps, free medical care and ride public transportation?

Ya, let's give the money to Saudi Arabi and Iran instead, they will make better use of it than our own government

I have looked into the mind of a Liberal and have become a Zombie...

obama_supporters.jpg

Maybe a nice flat tax would work. You can keep up to $5k in earnings per household member, and the rest goes to the government.
Who needs more than $5k a year if they live in government housing, get food stamps, free medical care and ride public transportation?

Flat or Consumption tax. The only problem is that would make things fair and eliminate hidden taxes. Can't have that.

Republican party of the United States
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Venezula
Russia
OPEC
The Oil Companies
The Taliban
Hamas
Hezbolla
Osama Bin Laden
Nigeria

Tell that to the people of the US whose homes were foreclosed on last year when the price of gas spiked and they suddenly weren't treading water. But you'd happily pile on because that's just the kind of goober you are.

Forum List

Back