-List of Offensive Words That Should be Avoided

Words are, in themselves, devoid of offence.

It is ALWAYS the percieved intent behind the world which offends.

Not really... words are given meaning both by their intent and by their historical or cultural connotations. (e.g. "******" is offensive because it was used along with violence and force to keep African Americans slaves, and to keep whites in power.) You say that "It is ALWAYS the perceived intent behind the world which offends." However, if I walked up to you and said "I think you're a really smart guy," you would not feel offended, even if I had intended to offend you. This is because the cultural connotation of "smart" is positive.

When I was young, and in grade school I saw a fight break out between a white kid and a black one. As it was broken up, the teacher was chewing the two kids out and the white kid told the teacher something along the lines if " I dont have to listen to you because you are a stupid ******". The teacher who was known to be mean and was in fact black, stopped, put a hand on each of the boys shoulders and told the boy that that word meant ignorant, and that those who used it didn't have what it takes to get by in the world, and that he was in fact the ******. Since then, that is what it has meant to me. Tone of voice and body posture play into it as well as the mindset of the person being called the name. We give words there power over us. We decide weather or not they offend us. Those who hear the word really give it its power to offend. If we thicken our skin some and realize that we are smarter and better then those offensive words imply then they will fail to matter and will stop being used.

Incident
Countee Cullen​

Once riding in old Baltimore,
Heart-filled, head-filled with glee;
I saw a Baltimorean
Keep looking straight at me.

Now I was eight and very small,
And he was no whit bigger,
And so I smiled, but he poked out
His tongue, and called me, "******."

I saw the whole of Baltimore
From May until December;
Of all the things that happened there
That's all that I remember

Not really... words are given meaning both by their intent and by their historical or cultural connotations. (e.g. "******" is offensive because it was used along with violence and force to keep African Americans slaves, and to keep whites in power.) You say that "It is ALWAYS the perceived intent behind the world which offends." However, if I walked up to you and said "I think you're a really smart guy," you would not feel offended, even if I had intended to offend you. This is because the cultural connotation of "smart" is positive.

When I was young, and in grade school I saw a fight break out between a white kid and a black one. As it was broken up, the teacher was chewing the two kids out and the white kid told the teacher something along the lines if " I dont have to listen to you because you are a stupid ******". The teacher who was known to be mean and was in fact black, stopped, put a hand on each of the boys shoulders and told the boy that that word meant ignorant, and that those who used it didn't have what it takes to get by in the world, and that he was in fact the ******. Since then, that is what it has meant to me. Tone of voice and body posture play into it as well as the mindset of the person being called the name. We give words there power over us. We decide weather or not they offend us. Those who hear the word really give it its power to offend. If we thicken our skin some and realize that we are smarter and better then those offensive words imply then they will fail to matter and will stop being used.

Tell us how this works out.

I actually agree with you, to an extent. However, I think you are failing to take into account the fact that sometimes words really do have power over people. While it may not seem bad to say ******, especially if you consider yourself not racist, it does have bigger implications. Slurs such as this one dehumanize people and make them part of a group. I'm not even saying you'd be consciously racist for saying it; I'm saying you'd be contributing to a culture where all black people are relegated to a single word.

I actually agree with you, to an extent. However, I think you are failing to take into account the fact that sometimes words really do have power over people. While it may not seem bad to say ******, especially if you consider yourself not racist, it does have bigger implications. Slurs such as this one dehumanize people and make them part of a group. I'm not even saying you'd be consciously racist for saying it; I'm saying you'd be contributing to a culture where all black people are relegated to a single word.
Kinda like "Cracker".....or, "Wiggers".

Personally, Wiggers are entertaining young lil' white fools....I love how they put on their lil' ghetto act, too include that uneducated ghettonese garbage.......Makes ya' just wanna slap their stupid asses right upside their ignorant heads.

[ "Wiggers".

Personally, Wiggers are entertaining young lil' white fools....I love how they put on their lil' ghetto act, too include that uneducated ghettonese garbage.......Makes ya' just wanna slap their stupid asses right upside their ignorant heads.

We'll have to come up with a word for stupid white fools that hang out with Mexican gangbangers"

"Wangers"? I think that's already in use.:lol:

Now.........time to get real.................

I'll say the word...............you say the first thing that comes to mind...............

1) Fried Chicken and watermelon _____________________________

2) Potatoes and Guinness ____________________________

3) Pasta and grease ____________________________

4) Cotton and drugs ______________________________

5) Rice ______________________

6) Feminist bulldog ______________________

7) Limpwrister ___________________________

8) Take a damn shower bro.... _________________________

9) Cold and non-emotional ____________________

10) Cheap ___________________

Last edited:

I'll say the word...............you say the first thing that comes to mind...............

1) Brutha breakfast

2) Mic breakfat

3) Ginny breakfast

4) Ghetto fuel

5) Slanteye staple

6) Butch Dyke

7) Sissy Faggot

8) Take a damn bath liberal, ya' stink.

9) Frigid Bitch

10) Korean Jew

:razz:

Key word bolded. Frankly, it matters not how it's meant, there's sure to be someone who finds offense, unfortunately.

1-10: skookerasbil What do I win? :cool:

Key word bolded. Frankly, it matters not how it's meant, there's sure to be someone who finds offense, unfortunately.

Absolutely. Give a non-English speaking foreigner a mean look and call him "a wonderful human being" and see what happens.

Forum List

Back