List of Happiest States in America Starts with Louisiana and Ends with New York

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
roceed with Caution: Data Collected Between 2005 and 2008 Published in 2009
1 X
A section of an older map of the United States.
Credit: James Monteith | © Wikimedia Commons
The happiest state of the union is Louisiana; at the bottom of the list of happiest states is New York; California ranks 46th. What does it all mean and how reliable is the data?

Top 5 Happiest States in America (and the bottom 5)

The top five happiest states in America are Louisiana, Hawaii, Florida, Tennessee and Arizona. At the bottom of the list are Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Connecticut and New York. Live Science explains that the data
List of Happiest States in America Starts with Louisiana and Ends with New York
collected in their research spanned 2005 to 2008 and included personal evaluations by about 1.3 million Americans. This information was then incorporated with more objective data that included various influences on the quality of life.

Do the Happiest States Stack Up to Reality?

CNBC reports on the states with the highest unemployment rates. At number one is Michigan (14.7%), followed by Rhode Island (12.7%), South Carolina which is tied with California and Nevada (12.3%), the District of Columbia (11.8%) and Florida (11.5%). Who would have thought that Florida with the fifth highest unemployment rate would be the third happiest state?

The top five happiest states in America are Louisiana, Hawaii, Florida, Tennessee and Arizona.

List of Happiest States in America Starts with Louisiana and Ends with New York - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

:lol::lol::lol:

Heee Heeee, I live in a happy state! :eusa_pray:

Last edited:
Louisiana - fat , stupid, and happy. has the worst health care, education, and general health among the population. pretty sad how people can be happy in such crap

Louisiana - fat , stupid, and happy. has the worst health care, education, and general health among the population. pretty sad how people can be happy in such crap

and where does your happy ass reside? New Yawk?

I lived in Louisiana for about a year. It was one long continuous party.. Soup pot in the front yard, fresh baked bread, boiled crayfish, peanuts, and beer kegs,, it was a community affair every weekend. best sausage you ever put in your mouth.. and the people were the friendliest I have ever met anywhere..

Wow way to broadbrush an entire state there man. What a bigoted, closed minded, cave-man style view of things.

Good thing your not a liberal or i'd have to give you shit for being a hypocrite to liberal values.

Wow way to broadbrush an entire state there man. What a bigoted, closed minded, cave-man style view of things.

Good thing your not a liberal or i'd have to give you shit for being a hypocrite to liberal values.

its personal experience. partying 5 times a week til your 50 while having 2 kids at home is nothing to be proud of.

un-educated fundamentalists proclaiming to be happy in life with their 20k salary and 5 kids because they think that america will last forever and their real reward will come in heaven. religion is a curse

That's right, because every Conservative or Right Wing folk are all Un-Educated and Fundies with 5 kids and 20K Salaries.

You sir, have made out yourself to be an Idiot, don't worry you'll fit right in with the other Liberals who claim to know everything.

its personal experience. partying 5 times a week til your 50 while having 2 kids at home is nothing to be proud of.

Wow so every household in louisiana is as you have described? Pffft, that is very close-minded of you.

un-educated fundamentalists proclaiming to be happy in life with their 20k salary and 5 kids because they think that america will last forever and their real reward will come in heaven. religion is a curse

That's right, because every Conservative or Right Wing folk are all Un-Educated and Fundies with 5 kids and 20K Salaries.

You sir, have made out yourself to be an Idiot, don't worry you'll fit right in with the other Liberals who claim to know everything.

liberal :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well being from one of those Happy states, I will say this, because our economy is a train wreck thanks in some part to our former Gov. who now leads Homeland Security, we have plenty of empty homes from those seeking happiness, we need the tax base. As for La. , I've been there more than a few times, and it's a wonderful state, and have always been teated well there and it has some of the best Seafood I have ever had. Frankly, I find it interesting that someone tear down a state that draws millions the world over to New Orleans among them people from those less happy places who looked plenty happy to me when you see them.

5 miles outside new orleans

what keeps your unhappy ass there?

I remember a little town Gonzales!

found a really good startup to jump in with after school

oh,, well, then........ you need to move to New Yawk, so you'll have a basis for comparison.. let me know how that works out for ya.. I hear them taxes is mighty high in New Yawk! but some high class elitists live thar... you could get you some culture!

what keeps your unhappy ass there?

I remember a little town Gonzales!

oh,, well, then........ you need to move to New Yawk, so you'll have a basis for comparison.. let me know how that works out for ya.. I hear them taxes is mighty high in New Yawk! but some high class elitists live thar... you could get you some culture!

i had more than enough big city bullshit (taxes, stupid parking restrictions, extra taxes on taxes, 24/7 traffic, overpriced everything, etc) when i lived for two summers in chicago

i had more than enough big city bullshit (taxes, stupid parking restrictions, extra taxes on taxes, 24/7 traffic, overpriced everything, etc) when i lived for two summers in chicago

so what's your idea of the 'happiest state"?

so what's your idea of the 'happiest state"?

lousiana's {food, party, "laid back"} but in moderation. I have seen/know way too many people that still find it cool to bar hop at 35 while taking community college classes or working a min wage job. This also poisions generations as kids see their parents doing nothing but partying and assorted stupidity and then people wonder why their 16 year old is an alcoholic.

Also would like a priority on education and not officials who say more people should go to vocational school b/c we can't support too many more graduates like they did recently.

a good example from a couple years ago: the valedictorian of an inner city new orleans high school got a high score of 14 on her act....

Forum List

Back