"List" is redundant ...

BreezeWood

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2011
Why not just display the poster's names for: agree - thanks - informative, why hide them behind "List" ???

it would make it meaningful as was the case displaying posters names who chose "Favorites" while reading the post rather than having to look them up ... "List" is redundant and kind of stupid.

I think he's talking about the "list" option next to any thank yous or agrees someone may have gotten.
Thanks...never noticed that feature...or if I did I never used it. Learn something every day. I guess I agree...if someone agrees I get notified by alerts...I guess that why I never noticed list.

why not just display the names instead having to clicking on "List" to see them ? -

they were displayed for Favorites, that's what made it fun and meaningful ...

why not just display the names instead having to clicking on "List" to see them ? -

It would be a waste of space...and some people just really don't care who's on the list.

It would be a waste of space...and some people just really don't care who's on the list.

asaratis: It would be a waste of space...and some people just really don't care who's on the list.

some people who are following the thread would like to know who the people are as they read on without the redundancy / distraction of clicking on List to find out, it is an unnecessary exercise - the names were displayed for favorites why not agree or thanks and also there should be a disagree.

Showing every posters name works just fine if there's 5 or 6 but when there's 30 or 40... takes up too much space.

Besides, do you really need to see who's on the list before you agree or not?

Showing every posters name works just fine if there's 5 or 6 but when there's 30 or 40... takes up too much space.

more like 3 or 5 - seeing the names keeps it honest ... the more names the better.

more like 3 or 5 - seeing the names keeps it honest ... the more names the better.
It's not like clicking on "List" takes a lot of labor. I like the intrigue of finding out later who all I just agreed with.

It's not like clicking on "List" takes a lot of labor. I like the intrigue of finding out later who all I just agreed with.

It's not like clicking on "List" takes a lot of labor ...

it is redundant and labourus when reading through a thread and having to click on List for each post to see who's participating, why have the option and then hide the names ... the flow is interrupted.

also there should be a Disagree tab and if the names are shown, abuse of Disagree would be obvious.

just do not look, skip over the groups if waiting is better ...

It's not like clicking on "List" takes a lot of labor ...

it is redundant and labourus when reading through a thread and having to click on List for each post to see who's participating, why have the option and then hide the names ... the flow is interrupted.

also there should be a Disagree tab and if the names are shown, abuse of Disagree would be obvious.

just do not look, skip over the groups if waiting is better ...
Poor baby!:crybaby:
:boohoo:

Why not just display the poster's names for: agree - thanks - informative, why hide them behind "List" ???

it would make it meaningful as was the case displaying posters names who chose "Favorites" while reading the post rather than having to look them up ... "List" is redundant and kind of stupid.

It might just be the way the software is set up - it comes with a number of pre-set features that we can't alter...:dunno:

It might just be the way the software is set up - it comes with a number of pre-set features that we can't alter...:dunno:

well 10/4 - can you find out for sure ? - no bothering about it if it can not be done.

if you recall Favorites were shown and that's what made it meaningful and informative - I do believe it would be an enhancement to posting and would make a more entertaining USMB.

well 10/4 - can you find out for sure ? - no bothering about it if it can not be done.

if you recall Favorites were shown and that's what made it meaningful and informative - I do believe it would be an enhancement to posting and would make a more entertaining USMB.

cereal_killer - do you know if it's possible to do this?

Negative. Default set up that can't be changed.

Negative. Default set up that can't be changed.
:banana::happy-1:

Older a thread gets, the more names would be on it. Could get to be quite a lot of redundant text. Anything that slows down performance should be eliminated.

Forum List

Back