List Here

I'll bite.

1. How about they show the other side of what the left is spewing out.

Ok, I'll start

1) Blatant Lies through selective editing

provide examples of blatant lies through selective editing. show the video before editing and after to illustrate. Please.

Here ya go...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3hMODMyed8]YouTube - Obama speech out of context, Fox News out of control [w/Sean Hannity][/ame]

Ok, I'll start

1) Blatant Lies through selective editing

provide examples of blatant lies through selective editing. show the video before editing and after to illustrate. Please.

Here ya go...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3hMODMyed8]YouTube - Obama speech out of context, Fox News out of control [w/Sean Hannity][/ame]

Thank You for providing the clips. I fail to see the lie. Taxes are scheduled to go up for everyone starting in Jan. 2011. That's not a lie. Hannity said obie wan will make sure that happens. Is that a lie? Congress has gone on break again without voting on the tax issue. So taxes will go up for everyone next year if the Bush tax cuts expire. So, I don't see the lie and I don't see destructiveness. Can you point out either?

Here ya go...

Thank You for providing the clips. I fail to see the lie. Taxes are scheduled to go up for everyone starting in Jan. 2011. That's not a lie. Hannity said obie wan will make sure that happens. Is that a lie? Congress has gone on break again without voting on the tax issue. So taxes will go up for everyone next year if the Bush tax cuts expire. So, I don't see the lie and I don't see destructiveness. Can you point out either?

You don't see how that's selective editing though? The way Hannity frames it makes it look like tax increases are all because of Obama and he conveniently leaves out the part about republican involvement. When you don't provide the entire context you can make your case look that much stronger, which in this instance is to derail Obama and make him look bad to Fox News viewers.

You don't see how that's selective editing though? The way Hannity frames it makes it look like tax increases are all because of Obama and he conveniently leaves out the part about republican involvement. When you don't provide the entire context you can make your case look that much stronger, which in this instance is to derail Obama and make him look bad to Fox News viewers.

Yeah, because no one knows that Bush was the one who initiated the cuts and gave them an expiration date. :rolleyes:

If Obama doesn't do anything to keep the tax cuts, he will be responsible for a tax increase.

Obama also spins the possibility of keeping Bush's tax break for those making under $250K as the "Obama Tax Cut for the Middle Class". Spin, spin, spin.

Last edited:
Sigh, people will see what they want to see. I tried.

Yes, you did try. And you failed to prove destructive.. See, most of us watching that clip know that Bush enacted tax cuts for everyone and when they expire taxes will go up on everyone. The role obie wan plays is in whether or not he signs a bill that lets the tax cuts expire for the wealthy or not. That's not destructive.

Call me a gluten for punishment, but I'll try once more since my last example was "debunked".

How about Fox News letting Sarah Palin talk about Death Panels and instill fear into people that their lives will be judged and deemed worthy or not of living. Perhaps Hannity argues with her after this clip cuts off, but I don't think he does. But wouldn't that be the responsible thing to do rather then just let her talk about Death panels as if they were fact in the manner in which she talks about them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkbzoGZTelU]YouTube - Palin: 'I Do' Stand By My Death Panel Comments Because They're Still In The Bill[/ame]

Again, it's looking at it all in context and how the information is presented to the audience.

Call me a gluten for punishment, but I'll try once more since my last example was "debunked".

How about Fox News letting Sarah Palin talk about Death Panels and instill fear into people that their lives will be judged and deemed worthy or not of living. Perhaps Hannity argues with her after this clip cuts off, but I don't think he does. But wouldn't that be the responsible thing to do rather then just let her talk about Death panels as if they were fact in the manner in which she talks about them.

YouTube - Palin: 'I Do' Stand By My Death Panel Comments Because They're Still In The Bill

Again, it's looking at it all in context and how the information is presented to the audience.

How was this clip selectively edited?

How is Sara Palin voicing her opinion of the health care bill destroying Obama?

Her point is that health care rationing equates to death panels. She's right.

Again, how is this clip destroying Obama? Oh wait, I see how. It's when Palin says this:

"That's why the people of this land can't give up in demanding that their voice be heard. In demanding that the White House understand that this is a representative form of government. We do expect that the will of the people is listened to, is adhered to and implemented via our representatives whom we elect."

Obama has ignored the voice of the American people time and time again, the American people are sick of his shit, called him on it and Obama . . . . . whines about Fox news, AGAIN! :lol: :lol: This guy is a weenie.

Last edited:
RDD what part of what Mrs. Palin said is wrong? The facts are that this bill cuts 960 Billion dollars from Medicare. This happens at a time when millions more people will be enrolled into the system, the boomers. So, how can we cut nearly a trillion dollars from a system that is nearly broke now and at the same time add millions into the system? Don't you think this will impact care of seniors? Which group needs the most medical care? Seniors! So, who pays the price for obamacare? Seniors. And there will be health care rationing. Washington won't call it death panels but that's what they are. Bureacrats sitting on a panel deciding who gets what care. Those who don't qualify for the care may suffer death. The math doesn't add up does it?

Listen to the video again. Mrs. Palin didn't sound hysterical. Neither did Hannity. So again I'm missing the destructive side. Has it ever crossed your mind that democrats could be wrong? Have you asked yourself why they had to resort to a 51 vote majority and make shady backroom deals? Do you think those behaviors instill trust in the American people?

Last edited:
Ok, I'll stop posting. We are obviously never going to see eye-to-eye or change each others opinions and thats fine. I am glad about one thing though...at least there was no name calling/insults in this thread. :)

Ok, I'll stop posting. We are obviously never going to see eye-to-eye or change each others opinions and thats fine. I am glad about one thing though...at least there was no name calling/insults in this thread. :)

I don't expect you to agree with everything I say. I only attempt to ask you to stop just listening to talking points and think about the reasons people say the things they say.

I don't expect you to agree with everything I say. I only attempt to ask you to stop just listening to talking points and think about the reasons people say the things they say.

And I was just asking the same thing. See, we aren't going to get anywhere. :)

By selective editing do you mean. Which stories they choose to cover and which ones they do not?

Because if you ask me that is the clearest sign of Bias on the news, and it is done by both sides CONSTANTLY.

By selective editing do you mean. Which stories they choose to cover and which ones they do not?

Because if you ask me that is the clearest sign of Bias on the news, and it is done by both sides CONSTANTLY.

Sure that's certainly part of it.
However, my first example dealt specifically with editing actual clips to show a story in a manner which you feel best tells your side of the story and not the full context.

Forum List

Back