Lisl Auman verdict overturned by

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
The Colorado Supreme Court.

Does anybody remember Lisl Auman?

In 1997 she was convicted of Felony Murder for the death of Officer Mike VanderJagt.

She began the day wanting to get her stuff back from her ex-boyfriend who had padlocked it in his apartment. Her new roomate introduced her to Matthaeus Reinhart Jaehnig who was going to go with her to protect her while she got her stuff. When they got there the bf was not home and they attempted to enter the apartment illegally. They got caught and while in pursuit Lisl surrendered to police, Jaehnig continued the flight and was eventually cornered in a courtyard of an apartment building. While Lisl was in custody Jaehnig shot and killed Officer Vanderjagt, then turned the gun on himself.

Today her conviction was overturned and sent back for a retrial as some of the Jury instruction was found to be incorrect.

Here is a website that is pro-Lisl.

http://www.lisl.com/why.htm

She has spent 8 years in prison for a murder committed while in police custody.

Interesting. We were discussing Felony murder in crim the other day. I would think that she should argue that she could not have been committing a felony when the murder occured because she was in police custody.

Interesting. We were discussing Felony murder in crim the other day. I would think that she should argue that she could not have been committing a felony when the murder occured because she was in police custody.

Which was my question at the beginning of the whole thing. I would think they would argue this as well. The Prosecution stated that if she didn't start the whole thing the officer's death would never have happened. It will be interesting to see what happens in the retrial. I think it likely that she will get time served and parole.

Forum List

Back