Lipstick on a Pig...was McCain's reaction...

Which is it?

• McCain is implying that he himself thinks Palin is a pig

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • McCain thinks women in America are stupid

• McCain is simply displaying his tendency to not understand anything

• McCain is using women to distract from real issues

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Yesterday Obama said in a speech:

"John McCain says he's about change too," Obama told a crowd here. "So I guess his whole angle is: Watch out, George Bush -- except for economic policy, healthcare policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy and Karl Rove-style politics, we're really going to shake things up in Washington.

"That's not change. That's just calling the same thing something different. But you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, and it's still going to stink after eight years."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/washingtondc/la-na-campaign10-2008sep10,0,311675.story

The McCain camp demanded an apology, claiming Obama was calling Palin a pig. :rofl:

Does McCain's overraction mean:

Last edited by a moderator:

Obama and McCain campaigns go from pork to pigs - Los Angeles Times

The McCain camp demanded an apology, claiming Obama was calling Palin a pig. :rofl:

none of the above. good effort, though.

there are dozens of phrases that the O-man could have used to express the same sentiment. Why, he even could have worked in a pig (silk purse out of a sow's ear) if that was important. He stupidly referred to lipstick and the republicans took advantage of it.

For a guy who's supposed to be a consummate politician, Obama's got a tin ear. tough luck for him

none of the above. good effort, though.

there are dozens of phrases that the O-man could have used to express the same sentiment. Why, he even could have worked in a pig (silk purse out of a sow's ear) if that was important. He stupidly referred to lipstick and the republicans took advantage of it.

For a guy who's supposed to be a consummate politician, Obama's got a tin ear. tough luck for him
Why? It's a common phrase, and one McCain himself has used.

Are you guys really this emotional?

Why? It's a common phrase, and one McCain himself has used.

Are you guys really this emotional?

not at all. i don't take any offense to it, but the fact is it was a stupid thing for him to say, given Palin's lipstick reference in her speech, and now he's paying the price for it.

was he a legacy at Columbia?

heh heh

I was looking for the all of the above choice... Look, Mac can put lipstick on a turd here but his agument is still going to stink to high hell...

not at all. i don't take any offense to it, but the fact is it was a stupid thing for him to say, given Palin's lipstick reference in her speech, and now he's paying the price for it.

heh heh
Toughen up Nancy.....

heh heh
I'm surprised then that you didn't choose McCain thinks women are stupid.

I should have put a choice that McCain thinks Palin is a shrinking violet and needs to be protected from lipstick comments.

I'm surprised then that you didn't choose McCain thinks women are stupid.

I should have put a choice that McCain thinks Palin is a shrinking violet and needs to be protected from lipstick comments.

People are stupid. Is this news to you? have you met kirk?

McCain is an idiot...and apparently he thinks the people of America are idiots... sadly, I think he might be right...

I thought Obama was for "Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change""Change"

Sounds like the same ole thing to me... Everyone knows he was taking a shot at Palin and calling her a Pig... Sad same ole politics by Mr. Hypocrit Obama....

I guess that's why his poll numbers dropping like a rock. LOL

Obama and McCain campaigns go from pork to pigs - Los Angeles Times

Given the fact that he didn't mention Palin and was talking about policies that McCain proposed, you mean?

It means that the McCain campaign is trying to spin O's speech to have said something it clearly did not say.

No apology is necessary since no insult was directed at Palin.

Given the fact that he didn't mention Palin and was talking about policies that McCain proposed, you mean?

It means that the McCain campaign is trying to spin O's speech to have said something it clearly did not say.

No apology is necessary since no insult was directed at Palin.
The distraction from the policies seems to have worked out...all you hear on the news is McCain's meltdown over the lipstick comment.

I'd love to see McCain address what his actual differences from Bush are, but I'm guessing that won't happen as there really aren't many, if any at all.

The McCain campaign can't run on Bush's record, and it really can't run on McCain's record, so its doing what it can to keep the voters distracted on nothing issues like these.

McCain is an idiot...and apparently he thinks the people of America are idiots... sadly, I think he might be right...

Sadly, I think you are right. The typical American voter is dumb.

I heard 25% of the voters are die hard Democrats. In my opinion, rich or poor, that is the right vote. You may pay more if you are rich under the Democrats, but you get a much better America, plus you are still rich.

25% are die hard Republicans. Only a small percentage of them are in the top 10%, so the rest of them are morons.

Then there are the independents/undecideds. They don't pay enough attention clearly because there is such a big difference between the parties. If they were paying attention, they wouldn't be undecided. And the fact that this race is close tells me the average American voter is dumb as a bag of rocks. Especially after the last 8 years. Obama should be winning by 20 points. Palin and McCain boldly lie everyday and no one seems to care.

Or, the Democrats win big every election but with Diebold voting machines, the GOP have been able to steal Ohio & Florida, if not several other states we don't even know about.

The BRAD BLOG

Just the fact that we allow touchscreen or paperless elections proves the American voters are dumb. I heard a guy who said he hacked a voting machine very easily.

It's the media that are pigs.

"lipstick on a pig" is a saying older than the hills. Granted, considering Palin's stand up comedy routine at the RNC, Obama's people should have realized that it would fodder for McCain and would jump up and bite them in the ass.

In this case, Obama was "throwing pearls before swine."

Forum List

Back