Lions to sign rookie to record contract.

Speculation in the Detroit area has increased to fever pitch over the last 4-6 weeks. If we've gone with Stafford and intend to sit him behind Dante Culpepper for the next year, then I think we need another lousy year in '09 get a good draft slot for next year that will allow us either to bolster a defense that just couldn't hold on in the few tight games we had last year, or beef up the offensive line so that when Stafford does start he doesn't get the crap beaten out of him.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but defense wins championships and Detroit only has one really great player - Calvin Johnson. $40m guaranteed? I guess that's what it takes to lure a potentially franchise QB to a depressed city in a depressed state and the league's first 0-16 team.

The Colts sucked and they picked Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf back in 1998.

Now they are contenders every year, with a Super Bowl Trophy too.

Give your Lions a few years, maybe they won't be the laughingstock of the NFL by 2012.

Give your Lions a few years, maybe they won't be the laughingstock of the NFL by 2012.

Every year we say the same thing. The only thing that changes is the date.

• Banned

Every year we say the same thing. The only thing that changes is the date.

Is this guy the next joey harrington?

Forum List

Back