Lions - most inept team ever?

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
Sitting here watching the Lie-Downs play Houston, and it's reached the point where I have to amuse myself by laughing at how many amazing stats the Lions are putting up. The most recent one was total offense in the late 2nd quarter: Texans 200 yards, Lions 16.

Once again, the Lions went down 21 points before they responded (something like the 4th time in 6 games that Detroit has been in such a position).

To be fair, they did just open the 3rd quarter with a TD, but Houston are driving again and going through the Lions D like a hot knife through butter.

Can anyone remember a worse team than the Lions in the last generation? They have now lost something like 15 of their last 16. That's gotta be close to a record.

Uh, the Cincinnati Bungles are 0-7 as of today..

But yeah, the Lions suck too!

Even if the Lions go 0-16, it will still be a successful season because you finally fired Millen!

Depressing when something like that is the best thing so far this year!

Off topic I know, but big game next weekend Toro. Reds joint top with Chelsea and the 2 meet at Stamford Bridge.

Depressing when something like that is the best thing so far this year!

Off topic I know, but big game next weekend Toro. Reds joint top with Chelsea and the 2 meet at Stamford Bridge.

Yeah, Torres isn't going to play, and what, half of Chelsea's squad is injured?

I didn't see any matches this weekend but I saw Chelsea smoked Boro. It will be a fascinating match, given that Rafa will go in with a 4-5-1 formation in an attempt to throttle Chelsea's midfield and play for a 0-0 draw or a 0-1 smash and grab.

I'm still not fully convinced that Scolari and the fluidity of Chelsea's new philosophy will win the title this year. You have to have some grit and toughness and be able to close down matches to win the EPL and I thought they were a little lucky to draw ManU. Whatever one might have thought about Mourinho, he could do that in spades.

What's funny about Scolari is that he is hailed as this attacking manager, but he was roundly criticized for his selection as manager of Brazil, given that his side, Gremio, played such ugly football, and Portugal often tried to grind teams down. So maybe Chelsea will have what it takes to win it all.

Yeah, Torres isn't going to play, and what, half of Chelsea's squad is injured?

I didn't see any matches this weekend but I saw Chelsea smoked Boro. It will be a fascinating match, given that Rafa will go in with a 4-5-1 formation in an attempt to throttle Chelsea's midfield and play for a 0-0 draw or a 0-1 smash and grab.

I'm still not fully convinced that Scolari and the fluidity of Chelsea's new philosophy will win the title this year. You have to have some grit and toughness and be able to close down matches to win the EPL and I thought they were a little lucky to draw ManU. Whatever one might have thought about Mourinho, he could do that in spades.

What's funny about Scolari is that he is hailed as this attacking manager, but he was roundly criticized for his selection as manager of Brazil, given that his side, Gremio, played such ugly football, and Portugal often tried to grind teams down. So maybe Chelsea will have what it takes to win it all.

My jury still out on Big Phil but the idea of Chelsea finishing above us depresses me almost as much as the Mancs winning the title.

Looking forward to Wednesday though against Atletico Madrid. Shame Torres is out. I think it's live on ESPN2. Hope we don't have to come from behind like we did against Bolton and Man City. Hard work and determination only get you so far - we've been riding our luck a bit recently and sooner or later it will run out. That said, it's good to see Kuyt getting amongst the goals.

Did you see Gerrard's goal for England on Wednesday? Outstanding.

My jury still out on Big Phil but the idea of Chelsea finishing above us depresses me almost as much as the Mancs winning the title.

Looking forward to Wednesday though against Atletico Madrid. Shame Torres is out. I think it's live on ESPN2. Hope we don't have to come from behind like we did against Bolton and Man City. Hard work and determination only get you so far - we've been riding our luck a bit recently and sooner or later it will run out. That said, it's good to see Kuyt getting amongst the goals.

Did you see Gerrard's goal for England on Wednesday? Outstanding.

Spectacular.

Speaking of spectacular, here is a clip of Gerrard's centenary. What amazes me is how many of these are absolutely brilliant

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/61657-gerrards-100-goals.html#post850347

Now we can get back to talking about how bad the Lions are...

Forum List

Back