Lions make the Playoffs!

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Been a long time, and after a lot of pain and humiliation. Didn't back into it either, they went out and earned it. Kudos to Mayhew and Schwartz, pretty good job to go from where they were 3 years ago to where they are now.

:D

I have a buddy of over twenty years, a native Michigander and a life long Lions fan- he is in HEAVEN :lol:

They better pull this off.

Been a long time, and after a lot of pain and humiliation. Didn't back into it either, they went out and earned it. Kudos to Mayhew and Schwartz, pretty good job to go from where they were 3 years ago to where they are now.

No…

They may not have backed into it, but there was a period there where they didn’t seem very interested in making it.

I was impressed. I thought the Chargers were going to do another of their late-season runs and win the game, but the Lions just destroyed them.

Everyone talks about the Packers, Saints and Pats being able to put up so many points that they can afford poor defense, but the Lions can put up some points as well. I'm not going to say they will beat any of those teams, but they can hang with them scoring-wise, so you never know.

I was impressed. I thought the Chargers were going to do another of their late-season runs and win the game, but the Lions just destroyed them.

Everyone talks about the Packers, Saints and Pats being able to put up so many points that they can afford poor defense, but the Lions can put up some points as well. I'm not going to say they will beat any of those teams, but they can hang with them scoring-wise, so you never know.

I thought the same thing, expected a much closer game. I'm already ecstatic, anything from here on out is gravy. LOL, hopefully the team doesn't feel the same way, you can't be complacent in this league.

They were certainly inspired Saturday against the Chargers. And good for them. It's been a loooooooong time coming for us Lions fans. It's still a stretch to be thinking SB in my opinion, just hoping they win a playoff game or two to build on for next year.

And to all my many Bears fans friends...better luck next year!!!

and now to finish off the year with a crushing loss to the Pack.

I wouldn't count on that. The Packers have nothing to play for, while the Lions clinch the 5th seed with a win but could, I think, drop to 6th if they lose and the Falcons win.
Pride runs deep in Green Bay. But then again, we know the Lions are a dirty team now... don't we?

Last edited:
and now to finish off the year with a crushing loss to the Pack.

I wouldn't count on that. The Packers have nothing to play for, while the Lions clinch the 5th seed with a win but could, I think, drop to 6th if they lose and the Falcons win.

If I'm the Lions I'd want to keep that 5th seed and play the NFC East division winner rather than the Saints or the 49ers. I believe the Falcons get the 5th seed if they win and the Lions lose, cuz they beat Detroit this year head to head. Besides, not playing to win every game might not be the wisest decision for a franchise that doesn't exacly have a winning tradition yet.

meh. I'm biased

Aren't we all.
My "pecking order":
Bears
Packers
Lions
Vikings

This was the old NFL West circa 1960's:

Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Los Angeles Rams (now St. Louis Rams)
San Francisco 49ers
Baltimore Colts (now Indinapolis Colts)
Minnesota Vikings
Reverse the top two and I'm good. ;)

There were 8 teams I think in each conference. I think you're missing the St Louis Cardinals.

Forum List

Back