Linux available in Windows Store

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
From now on, users can install and launch Linux from within Windows without the need to install a virtual machine. Ubuntu, Fedora and Suse will be available. Currently, only Ubuntu is available. The Linux bases on Windows´ Linux subsystem that is included since Windows Vista.

u733j28g.jpg

Microsoft Brings Ubuntu, Suse, and Fedora Linux to Windows Store

It looks like Microsoft isn't as stupid as I thought they were. It's possible they see the writing on the wall as Linux becomes more and more user friendly with more and more games being developed to run on Linux. Could be they're trying to position themselves to control the future Linux market.

It looks like Microsoft isn't as stupid as I thought they were. It's possible they see the writing on the wall as Linux becomes more and more user friendly with more and more games being developed to run on Linux. Could be they're trying to position themselves to control the future Linux market.
Will you try the "Ubuntu app"?

Will you try the "Ubuntu app"?
I would if I hadn't uninstalled the App Store........

So Microsoft will finally sell a product that works.
Just been reading up on it.
It won't work if you have a 32 bit OS and not all Ubuntu apps work as Microsoft sees Linux as a Bash command line app for developers so they're not focused on the graphical interface, for that you have to install an X-server and most of what works with that will not work in the Windows environment.

It makes since if you think about it.
M$ is transforming itself more and more into a platform to make revenue off the user in other ways than simply buy some M$ program.
Linux is extremely stable, easily scalable up or down and much - much cheaper to develop applications, especially with the huge public resources available everywhere.

Forum List

Back