Link between racism and depression

This is a very interesting research by Beyond Blue. The findings will surprise you. It is not the poverty which is number one stimulant for depression, it is racism.

ALMOST half of white Australians believe Aboriginal people are given unfair advantages by the government, and one in five people say they would move away if an indigenous Australian sat next to them.

BeyondBlue to launch a new campaign highlighting the link between racism and depression | News.com.au

This may or may not be true. but there's a guaranteed link between racism and stupidity.

I would be more inclined to call it ignorance. I have heard of highly educated people, Fred, engineers and doctors who didn't want their daughters marrying a black man. It's arrogance and ignorance combined into one - in my belief. * It could also be learned behavior they were taught from their parents. Still - wrong is wrong. We all have a conscience that can tell us when we're missing it.

Last edited:
The man who married my husband and I was a very close friend of mine. His mother was black and his father was white. He told me as a child he was told to stay outside and wait there on his friends porch while his friend and all the other neighborhhood children went inside for drinks or whatever. This was total racist behavior and my friend still remembered being left out and treated differently. He is a fabulously handsome person and married to a beautiful white girl - they have 4 children - he has overcome much but that is still a painful memory to him. People do not realize what they do to other people when they single them out as "inferior or different" because of their race or whatever the difference may be! It is not acceptable for anyone to do that to another human being! Ever!

Last edited:
Absolutely! To not want to sit next to someone because of the color of their skin or ethnic difference from another is an utter disgrace! Just who do people think they are, thinking like that?!

What do we have that God has not given us? This is what I tell racists who do not want their daughters marrying a black man. I ask them, did you tell God what color to make your skin? Did you tell him what continent to have you be born in? Which womb to place you in? How tall to make you or what kind of intelligence to give you? Did you tell God what kind of beauty to give you? No? No? again? All no? Then what are you so puffed about? No reason for you to prideful at all! You had nothing to do with what God had you born into the world to be.

So you were born a white Australian! Or you were born an Arab! Or you were born an English man! Whatever you are do not dare turn your nose up at a black man and say I am too good to sit next to that man on a bus! Do not dare say we are superior and our daughter is too good to marry a black man! How dare anyone be so arrogant as to think like that! It is utterly repugnant to God!

Moses married a black woman! Zippporah! Moses was the meekest man on the earth! Is there anyone greater than Moses here? I doubt it! We need to humble ourselves and realize that many times what we claim to be something worthy of pride is the very thing we should cover our mouth in shame over!

Forgive me if I sound a bit outraged but it makes me think about a gathering my husband invited me to attend before I married him and that was the very thing I told them when I discerned by their discussion they were racists! And church folks no less! When I asked them these questions of what did they have to do with the color of their skin, height, place of birth, it was a deer in the headlights moment. Some folks need a wake up call.

I would have married a black man just as happily as I married a white man! Without a second thought! Ha! It's the truth! I do not care a whit who knows it either!
Amen. I must turn in now. It is getting late. Goodnight, [MENTION=43534]Vikrant[/MENTION] and sleep well, my friend. - Jeri

[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION],

You are a good woman - a true disciple of Christ. It is good see some real Christians on this forum. I think there is a strong case for creating an organization with an intent to spread awareness in Australia about detriments of racism to human spirit.

I believe an awareness campaign - seminars - teaching tools addressing the detriments of racism and hatred in general to the human spirit would be an excellent idea, Vikrant. I find that most racism and hatred against other people is due to ignorance. People who tell their children you cannot marry a black man are not only arrogant. They are ignorant! Arrogance is ignorance. How about that for a campaign slogan? Cut them down to size with three words. Works for me. Another great slogan would be, "God is not a racist"! Oh yeah. That ought to stir up a few relgious devils out there! :eusa_angel:

An organization dedicated to fighting racism in Australia would be a very good thing. What is disturbing is that so many of the racist Australians are Christians. We are in 21st century and we still see so many humans getting oppressed and exploited because of their race. This is very wrong.

I'm sorry, Vikrant, but the truth is not every who claims to be a Christian is. If a man say I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar, for he that loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God who he has not seen?

I didn't say that. 1 John 4:20 says that. Next time someone tells you they are a Christian and they hate someone? Give them that verse. Thanks. Good night all.

[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION],

You are a good woman - a true disciple of Christ. It is good see some real Christians on this forum. I think there is a strong case for creating an organization with an intent to spread awareness in Australia about detriments of racism to human spirit.

I believe an awareness campaign - seminars - teaching tools addressing the detriments of racism and hatred in general to the human spirit would be an excellent idea, Vikrant. I find that most racism and hatred against other people is due to ignorance. People who tell their children you cannot marry a black man are not only arrogant. They are ignorant! Arrogance is ignorance. How about that for a campaign slogan? Cut them down to size with three words. Works for me. Another great slogan would be, "God is not a racist"! Oh yeah. That ought to stir up a few relgious devils out there! :eusa_angel:

An organization dedicated to fighting racism in Australia would be a very good thing. What is disturbing is that so many of the racist Australians are Christians. We are in 21st century and we still see so many humans getting oppressed and exploited because of their race. This is very wrong.

It is.
Anyone feel like fighting for the rights and liberties of White Australians today, who are being descriminated against because of their race?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG3pwYWSP34 [/ame]

No?
Didn't think so.

A few weeks ago, one Saturday morning, in Sydney's CBD/shopping district, more than 50% of the people walking on the street and in the malls were...Asian.
Given this, maybe best to be asking them what their policies are regarding Indigenous Australians.

Last edited:

It is.
Anyone feel like fighting for the rights and liberties of White Australians today, who are being descriminated against because of their race?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG3pwYWSP34 [/ame]

No?
Didn't think so.

A few weeks ago, one Saturday morning, in Sydney's CBD/shopping district, more than 50% of the people walking on the street and in the malls were...Asian.
Given this, maybe best to be asking them what their policies are regarding Indigenous Australians.

I cannot speak for anyone else but I have always defended white Australians as long as their actions remain defensible. We need to have a world where there is justice for all or else there will be no peace all all. But that video you have posted is a joke. It creates a straw man and then shoots it down. Here is a classic straw man from that video: those damn immigrants are working for less pay. Well, why don't you pay them more then? The problem is solved. There is no need to cry about it and make stupid videos to stir hatred towards innocent hard working immigrants.

The so called "hard working immigrants" [who are reportedly working "twice as long, and twice as hard, for less"] are destroying the nation's workplace culture.
"Twice as hard" is a myth.

They're working longer for less ["cheap labour"][often for people of their own race] because they don't have any idea of what the labour laws and pay/overtime rates are.
Also, they're quite happy to see Whitey being sacked from and leaving the jobs and shifts , and are only too happy to replace him/her.

Immigration should be stopped.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back