Lindsey Vonn

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
She's hot!

lindsey_vonn_inside_ap.jpg

M_Id_136659_Lindsey_Vonn.jpg

Awesome run by Vonn. In observable pain and favoring one leg she destroyed her competition

I caught her last night on her winning run . . . fantastic! Did you see all the wipe-outs? How they don't break their necks I just don't know.

I caught her last night on her winning run . . . fantastic! Did you see all the wipe-outs? How they don't break their necks I just don't know.

If you watched the wipe-outs and realize she won the gold while favoring her right leg, it is even more amazing

They were saying that she was using men's skis which helped her with speed and stability. And they were immensely longer than the women's skis.

That last wipeout by the second to the last skier...I thought she's torn her ligs in her R knee when she hit that gate.

On a related topic, I saw a few minutes of the Olympics yesterday in the late afternoon. It was some ski sprinting, I think. One of the female competitors collapsed after the race and I didn't find out who she was or if she was able to get to the medal stand for the awards (I think she won the bronze).

I mention it for two reasons. Can anybdoy advise me of the name of that event and who medalled? And, did anybody else see the figures on those Olympians? Wow. Their uniforms were like something you'd see in a superhero comic book. Tight and revealing for very trim and toned and "nice" figures. Couldn't tell you if they had pretty faces or not.

Ah. A link.

Cross-Country Skiing (ladies' sprint): Norway's Bjoergen takes sprint gold Feb 17, 2010

Whistler (AFP) - Norway's Marit Bjoergen claimed Winter Olympic gold in the women's sprint classic final on Wednesday with World Cup leader Justyna Kowalczyk of Poland forced to settle for silver.

Slovenia's Petra Madjic took third despite suffering a rib injury in the warm-up. It got worse and needed help walking after the final.

Bjoergen was first home in a time of three mins 39.2sec with Kowalczyk second at 1.1sec behind and Majdic, who raced through all four rounds in pain, third at 1.8sec. * * * *
Cross-Country Skiing (ladies' sprint): Norway's Bjoergen takes sprint gold - AFP News : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

The winner of the Bronze had been injured in a fall off a little bridge BEFORE the race.

Amazing athletes.

Last edited:

If you watched the wipe-outs and realize she won the gold while favoring her right leg, it is even more amazing

I saw that . . . and she was skiing on one leg on the last bit of that run. Truly incredible. What an athlete.

Ah. A link.

Cross-Country Skiing (ladies' sprint): Norway's Bjoergen takes sprint gold - AFP News : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

The winner of the Bronze had been injured in a fall off a little bridge BEFORE the race.

Amazing athletes.

When I was in high school, I raced cross-country skiing. We had one race with about 250 racers. I was so amped up that about 200 yards from the start as I was going around the corner, I shot off the trail into the woods and into a river...very similar to the abovementioned racer. I tore up the sleeve of my uniform and got a pretty good abrasion on my arm.

I was able to work my way back up to the trail and I finished the race...in 64th place.

New Topics

Forum List

Back