Lindsey Grahm wants National ID

1. Illegal immigrants are savvy on making money and working hard. They are no cheaper than other people. They just work harder and will do the shit jobs.

2. The ones without families have moved on already, either back home or to Canada for work.

3. A national id is stupid because just like every other law and requirement, not everyone will get one. There will be exemptions just like the healthcare bill.

Here's an idea.

No birth certificate, no drivers' license. No drivers' license no job. No work for illegals, illegals will leave.

There is absolutely no reason to collect fingerprints of Americans to do this.

Isn't a drivers license an ID? What is wrong with having facial recognition data on your ID? The ID needs encrypted coding to ensure it cannot be faked.

I don't care if the ID is issued by the Fed or the state. You should have to prove you are a citizen to get a job

States already have their system in place. No need to duplicate it.

Or maybe you want to be asked for your papers wherever you go.

You ever have to provide a drivers license or other ID? Papers?

Did you have to provide a Social Security Card to get a job

Documenting who you are is part of life

It really upsets me when republicans advocate for this shit. I expect it with democrats but republicans who do the same shit should also die in a pit of hell. From their they can get ass-raped by satan.

Why do you expect this behavior from Democrats but not Republicans? Republicans are just as much for big government as the Democrats are. You seriously haven't bought into the GOP's bullshit that they believe in limited government, have you?

That's why the Republican Party has lost so many supporters and lost Congress and the Presidency. However, people who vote for Democrats seem to tolerate intrusive government as long as they get their government hand-outs. :cuckoo:

I didn't see too many so-called conservatives and Republicans in the midwest complaining about all of the farm subsidies they were receiving from the Bush administration.

Here's an idea.

No birth certificate, no drivers' license. No drivers' license no job. No work for illegals, illegals will leave.

That is truly a revolutionary idea. There should be laws in place that enforce this practice. Oh wait... there are already these laws in place and employers all over America ignore them. Wow, sounds to me like an enforcement problem where the owners of businesses who are hiring illegal immigrants should start going to jail, as rightwinger suggested.

I have a US Passport and a VA Drivers License. Do I really need another form of identification? I think not.

The reason we have an illegal immigration problem is that employers are making a shitload of money off of them. Employers need to be arrested, not some poor guy trying to feed his family.

Once employers get the word, jobs will dry up overnight
Isn't that already happening? I remember watching a documentary about ICE raiding small businesses--mostly independent contractors, and farms in Cali--so it seems like the government is trying to crack down on employers that flounce the law.

Is it working? I don't know because it's hard to gauge how much worse the problem would be if there were no raids.

But I think the long-term solution to the problem rests in the Mexican economy. If there are opportunities in Mexico, there's no need to crawl under the fence and spend two days wandering through a desert.

NAFTA was supposed to help with that, and maybe it did, but I think cutting agriculture subsidies in the US might help some ag industries grow in Mexico.

Last edited:
Here's an idea.

That is truly a revolutionary idea. There should be laws in place that enforce this practice. Oh wait... there are already these laws in place and employers all over America ignore them. Wow, sounds to me like an enforcement problem where the owners of businesses who are hiring illegal immigrants should start going to jail, as rightwinger suggested.

I have a US Passport and a VA Drivers License. Do I really need another form of identification? I think not.

The reason we have an illegal immigration problem is that employers are making a shitload of money off of them. Employers need to be arrested, not some poor guy trying to feed his family.

In part true. The Political influence is also a factor that benefits Liberal's and hurts Conservatives. The Government is in fact responsible for the maintenance of the playing field. The Government has long ago abandoned the Issue. Your priorities are screwed up. One would also need to believe that only Republican's owned businesses, and hired Illegals. Only Republican's hired Nannies, House Keepers, and Yard crews, to keep Their properties pretty. That of course is absurd. I do agree with You that for the great majority of Illegal's, the best solution is for Them to go home, the sooner the better.

In part true. The Political influence is also a factor that benefits Liberal's and hurts Conservatives. The Government is in fact responsible for the maintenance of the playing field. The Government has long ago abandoned the Issue. Your priorities are screwed up. One would also need to believe that only Republican's owned businesses, and hired Illegals. Only Republican's hired Nannies, House Keepers, and Yard crews, to keep Their properties pretty. That of course is absurd. I do agree with You that for the great majority of Illegal's, the best solution is for Them to go home, the sooner the better.

The fact is we are just kidding ourselves.

Illegals are too entrenched now in our economy to just turn off the switch. Our entire agricultural system would collapse. What would be the impact if food prices tripled overnight?

You have to follow the money. Right now, the country has too much invested in cheap labor

Sounds like Victory Garden time. Seeing the wrong is part of the fix. You are not powerless, nor am I. Too big to fail will always discriminate against those on the outside looking in. Thats part of the scam.

If you care about excessive Illegal Immigration, a National ID is the only answer

If you care about identity theft, a National ID is the only answer

If you don't want a Nationala ID...quit your bitching

How about securing our borders first?

And thieves will still commit identity theft, if fact I'll wager it gets worse because no one fucks up a simple thing like the government.

We have 13 million illegals already here. Capturing and deporting them is like herding cats. Requiring all new hires to show an ID with some biometric capability will keep those illegals from being hired. If someone hires someone without ID...send them to jail
It will only take a few for the employers to get the idea. Once the jobs dry up....illegals go home

Identity theft is easy if all you need is a credit card number and a SSN. Encrypt the ID card and ID theft becomes impossible
I think about 10 million of them are where I currently live.

I never thought this would happen, but I've changed my mind on some aspects of the immigration debate---based on living here. I always was open minded about things, but there is no way to relate in words what exactly the issues in CA are.

I understand having cross border communities that are multi-lingual and multi-cultural, with shared ties to more than one nation---happens all over Europe, but it appears more like an invasion here. The demands and the sense of outright entitlement has been eye opening. That said, I am no minuteman. :eek:

If you care about excessive Illegal Immigration, a National ID is the only answer

If you care about identity theft, a National ID is the only answer

If you don't want a Nationala ID...quit your bitching

How about securing our borders first?

And thieves will still commit identity theft, if fact I'll wager it gets worse because no one fucks up a simple thing like the government.

We have 13 million illegals already here. Capturing and deporting them is like herding cats. Requiring all new hires to show an ID with some biometric capability will keep those illegals from being hired. If someone hires someone without ID...send them to jail
It will only take a few for the employers to get the idea. Once the jobs dry up....illegals go home

Identity theft is easy if all you need is a credit card number and a SSN. Encrypt the ID card and ID theft becomes impossible
Identity card and then jail employers who hire illegals. Problem solved.

Last edited:
It really upsets me when republicans advocate for this shit. I expect it with democrats but republicans who do the same shit should also die in a pit of hell. From their they can get ass-raped by satan.
George Bush signed a national ID into law in 2005. They have just stalled enacting it.

Here's an idea.

Isn't a drivers license an ID? What is wrong with having facial recognition data on your ID? The ID needs encrypted coding to ensure it cannot be faked.

I don't care if the ID is issued by the Fed or the state. You should have to prove you are a citizen to get a job

although
I must confess

my wallet is getting a bit thick with all these mandatory cards I MUST carry and MUST SHOW to the police...

drivers license
insurance for car
(soon, health insurance card)
social security card

how about 1 card for all purposes

that can be easily programmed (by computer) to carry all the pertinent info...

?

cops pull you over
you hand them the 1 card
they scan it in their on board computer system (easily connected to the national computer systems)
and it tells them all they need to know....

Here's an idea.

although
I must confess

my wallet is getting a bit thick with all these mandatory cards I MUST carry and MUST SHOW to the police...

drivers license
insurance for car
(soon, health insurance card)
social security card

how about 1 card for all purposes

that can be easily programmed (by computer) to carry all the pertinent info...

?

cops pull you over
you hand them the 1 card
they scan it in their on board computer system (easily connected to the national computer systems)
and it tells them all they need to know....

1 card to be your....Drivers license, passport, credit card, social security, critical medical information, health insurance

Works for me

This isn't something new, republicans want to control people just as much as the next guy.
For they want to tell a women what they can do with their body, and want to tell you who you can marry because THEIR religion says it is wrong.
We also have Michelle McCarthy calling for "witch hunts", and Ann Coulter saying women shouldn't vote. The GOP of today has no plans to stay out of your life, and you are a fool if you think they do.

yep..... they only want 'small government' when the government actually helps people.

You don't need the Real ID in order to do that. They'll just find a way to hack these new biometric IDs too eventually. People already forge passports.

yep..... they only want 'small government' when the government actually helps people.

Hell, that's not even accurate. Ask all of those "small government" Republicans how many of them want to eliminate Medicare and Social Security and the number is staggeringly low.

This isn't something new, republicans want to control people just as much as the next guy.
For they want to tell a women what they can do with their body, and want to tell you who you can marry because THEIR religion says it is wrong.
We also have Michelle McCarthy calling for "witch hunts", and Ann Coulter saying women shouldn't vote. The GOP of today has no plans to stay out of your life, and you are a fool if you think they do.
Why do you think guys like me refuse to ever vote for them again?

You don't need the Real ID in order to do that. They'll just find a way to hack these new biometric IDs too eventually. People already forge passports.

Most of you aren't old enough to remember the anti-illegal-immigration rules imposed in the Carter administration. Every employer was required to have three positive forms of ID on file in the personnel file of every new hire--birth certificate or equivalent, driver's license or equivalent ID, and a utility bill or equivalent with your name and address on it.

A thriving cottage industry producing bogus documents to use for ID sprang up immediately.

But, hiring legal people who needed some time to locate the produce the documents, it was a real pain for us employers who needed somebody to go to work right away and we quickly fell into the habit of letting the requirement slide for a bit. Then a lot. And within a year or two, nobody was bothering any more.

Any law is enforceable only if there is a high degree of voluntary compliance. It is almost impossible to enforce laws when everybody is breaking them.

And it makes it almost futile to try to go by the book when the government refuses to enforce the law. I have encountered numerous illegals who were using a different name and a new made up social security number and a new fictiitious address each time they went to work somewhere, but they were never reported or even seriously questioned. They breezed through the system if they had a liability claim, work comp claim, or applied for social services. Law enforcement is often ordered to not ask about citizenship.

The census form my household recently completed did not ask if we were U.S. citizens.

In my opinion, a national ID card would be used to track and possibly discipline citizens and would be very unlikely used to identify and deal with illegals.

Sounds as if you are a little bf'd satanic handmaid, ihef. Without a national ID card are we going to get a control on illegal immigration and national security. If you have a better idea, share it.

It's important to understand that when Republicans are screaming and ranting that "government" is taking over their lives, they aren't yelling about religious extremist right wing government. They aren't screaming for rights for everyone. They don't care about "equality" for everyone.

They're telling us what they want when they say, "You are with us or with the terrorists". You see, if you aren't extreme right wing, you are one of them, a terrorist.

Republicans don't want "gay rights".

Republcians are against "women's rights".

The Confederate Republican Party certainly doesn't care about "civil rights".

It's why they turn everything into a fight for "morals and values". For Republicans, it's "us good" and "them bad". They just use the Bible because it's the closest thing to their "world view". Kill the gays, keep women in the kitchen. The righteous will "rule" and they already know, they ARE the righteous.

Republicans believe in an "elitist" system. They have one set of rules for the "masses" and another for their leadership.

So the next time you hear a Republican shout, "We want our country back", understand, it's NOT just a phrase or just random words. They mean it. And if you hear the sound of a "lock and load" the next time they shout that phrase, "Duck".

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back