Lindsey Grahm wants National ID

My fav line was when the gal asked Bill Murray if he "has a tootsi-roll in his pocket or was he glad to see her" an obvious ad-lib line that Murray loved.

I do support national IDs. I only want real Americans in America. Not people who get hard-ons for pagan rock circles.

The thing that makes me suspicious re a national ID card is that the government has all the tools it needs right now to identify illegals and, for the most part, it is doing little or nothing to use them. So I don't think a national ID card is going to make much difference re illegal immigration. It will, however, be a means by which the government, should it choose to do so, exercise more control over the citizens of the country. And I think our Founders would be quite suspicious about that.

Even if was effective I still should not have to be dogtagged for the government.

The thing that makes me suspicious re a national ID card is that the government has all the tools it needs right now to identify illegals and, for the most part, it is doing little or nothing to use them. So I don't think a national ID card is going to make much difference re illegal immigration. It will, however, be a means by which the government, should it choose to do so, exercise more control over the citizens of the country. And I think our Founders would be quite suspicious about that.

Even if was effective I still should not have to be dogtagged for the government.

Oh fer chrissake. Of course the NSA has everyone pegged. They just need the cover of a law so that the "privacy" issue is a non-issue. There is no "right to privacy" in the Constitution. The US needs to know who is in, its a sovereignty issue.

Oh fer chrissake. Of course the NSA has everyone pegged. They just need the cover of a law so that the "privacy" issue is a non-issue. There is no "right to privacy" in the Constitution. The US needs to know who is in, its a sovereignty issue.

I wasn't aware of that. In that case. I should just go to the nearest govt. building and ask them to stick the chip up my ass.

Graham really needs to switch to the party that likes intrusive government.

National ID was put to a House vote in 2005.
Republicans voted 219-8 in favor.
Democrats voted 152-42 against.

polk. where da fuck you been? it's been months

New job, so a lot of time at the office. New job also included moving back to more familiar lands, meaning a lot of time spend catching up with friends. Hope you've been well.

Forum List

Back