Lindsey Graham Contradicts Himself On Earmarks In Under A Minute

Bobo does appear incapable of forming any opinion based on a true understanding of facts...

Yet you are here in this thread posting retarded pictures at anyone who points out that your side does it too.

You are no better, homey.

I suggest you reread the posts. I openly admit some Republicans spend far too much of our tax dollars - but the facts prove out that this kind of spending is dominated by the Democrats. The top 20 pork spenders are dominated by Democrats while the bottom 20 pork spenders are dominated by Republicans. That being said, in regards to pork spending, I agree that almost all of them do sucketh big time.

I do appreciate your input and charming defense of Bobo though...

638-moron.jpg

Article 15 protests any attacks against the Obama administration, following his Obama first - America second political philosophy...
both sides as you say suck! But how do the dems dominate when the republicans recieved 150 million more than the dems. More might recieve earmarks but repugs recieve more money especially when 6 out of the top ten are repubs!

Their blind attack on all earmarks has left them vunerable since 6 of the highest 10 are republicans.

Earmarks are not of themself evil. Every elected official has the right to try and bring home some of the money for needed projects in his/her district.

Lindsay is a real sharp cookie, Makes Reid look like presidential material.:lol:

Your postin' skills are top notch! Keep it up!

nerd_computer_repair.jpg

Rayboyusmc works to keep his hard drive functioning - alas, to no avail...

What do you think about Lindsay being a big porker?

Obama said there will be transparancy. And if a pork project is rediculous, it will get public attention, and probably get cut off.

This is how its supposed to work. You should be happy? :clap2:

Instead you are playing politics with EARMARKS.

We are on to you.

Obama isn't a dummy like Gore & Kerry & Carter. This is the new Democratic party. Hipper, wiser, sharper.

It'll be 30 years before the GOP control government again. :eusa_pray:

Good Luck with trying to tie Linsdey Graham with real conservatives. After last years " immigration " reform bill, Linsdey ranks right up there with Ted Kennedy in the eyes of most conservatives. ( At least THIS conservative ).

Yet you are here in this thread posting retarded pictures at anyone who points out that your side does it too.

You are no better, homey.

I suggest you reread the posts. I openly admit some Republicans spend far too much of our tax dollars - but the facts prove out that this kind of spending is dominated by the Democrats. The top 20 pork spenders are dominated by Democrats while the bottom 20 pork spenders are dominated by Republicans. That being said, in regards to pork spending, I agree that almost all of them do sucketh big time.

638-moron.jpg

Article 15 protests any attacks against the Obama administration, following his Obama first - America second political philosophy...
both sides as you say suck! But how do the dems dominate when the republicans recieved 150 million more than the dems. More might recieve earmarks but repugs recieve more money especially when 6 out of the top ten are repubs!

Sinatra is just another pot calling the kettle black, Luissa.

If the people of S. Carolina want a convention center they should pay for it themselves--period.

This is exactly why D.C. is SO--OO srewed up. Who ever put in the U.S. Constitution that elected officials from each state can go to the American taxpayer as a whole & take money out of our pockets, without our say so & spend it on whatever they want too--must have had a major brain fart.

As far as his comments on John McCain. FALSE McCain has always been against earmarks--& I believe has never asked for any money for the state of Arizona.

McCain says Washington D.C. corrupts politicians--is there any doubt in that truth today?

Last edited:
I like pork...pork is goooood....bacon is goood!

Seriously though, didn't BO promise there would be no earmarks? Or did he misread his teleprompter again?

Cut the fat outa the phucker and let's get on with it! Or do we REALLY need a high speed train from Vegas to Disneyland? Maybe there is some environmental benefit to improved ATV trails in CA's National Park System that our feeble minds has failed to recognize. By the way, does anybody know if the UFO Tag and Monitor plan made it into the bill? I heard it was gaining popularity, but never heard for sure which side of the fence it landed on.

638-moron.jpg

Sinatra is just another pot calling the kettle black, Luissa.

OH GREAT - GO AHEAD AND BRING MY RACE INTO IT. REAL NICE.

RACIST BASTARD.

thats_racist_animated.gif

Provide links. If the pork stinks, we will call and complain and maybe it will be taken out.

That's the idea behind transparency.

How many years did it take to discover the bridge to knowhere?

Yet you already know about the pork?

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me. :clap2:

And now we know Lindsay Graham is full of shit.

Remember I said that the GOP had more pork in 2007 and 2008 than did Democrats? You don't care who's pork? Then why do you consistently vote GOP? I'm assuming you do.

Crap, I lost the post I just typed. Here's the link: Budget Pork Will Bedevil Obama -- Courant.com

Seely, I think you're missing the point. You are so gleeful that Graham tripped himself up . . . it's BOTH parties that are guilty of pork and wasteful spending. If you're angered that the Reps have so much pork, aren't you just as angered that the Dems do too? And aren't you angered that Obama isn't doing anything about it? Oh yeah, he says he will. :rolleyes:

Why isn't Obama keeping his word and insisting that the pork be taken out of THIS budget? Why is he falling back on his 'blame Bush' tactics?

If both parties are guilty of wasteful, porky pig spending . . . why in the world would I let that be my determining reason for how I vote?

BTW, I'm not a 'HE', I'm a 'SHE'.

1. You assume that all the Dems pork is wasteful. Is it?

2. No one is even saying Graham's pork is wasteful. We are just exposing the GOP hypocricy.

3. If you want to talk about specific pork that is wasteful, post it and we will call our reps and demand they cut the funding. But I get the feeling what you call waste, I don't. And visa versa.

4. We can't get a bill passed without giving the GOP pork. So no chance of zero pork. Plus, America needs some pork. Bush gave all the pork to the top 1% the last 8 years and that means America needs a facelift.

5. There is transparency now, which is why you are finding out about who owns the bacon. Isn't that what you wanted? McCain said you will know their names and he will make them famous. Now you can go to the White HOuse website and see all the pork.

6. Pork isn't going away, and pork isn't always bad. That's just the game the GOP plays.

So I look forward to links of bad Democratic pork when I get in tomorrow morning.

Again, missing the point. Can't get a bill passed without giving in to pork, regardless of Rep or Dem. Others beat me to the CAGW website. Just because we know who the porkers are, doesn't mean squat will get done about it. No Seely, pork isn't the 'game the GOP plays'; pork is the game they all play.

Why isn't Obama sticking to his word about this and refusing to sign this bill? Why is this being rushed anyway? They can just sign a resolution and go over the bill more thoroughly, knocking out the wasteful spending.

Your postin' skills are top notch! Keep it up!

nerd_computer_repair.jpg

Rayboyusmc works to keep his hard drive functioning - alas, to no avail...

What do you think about Lindsay being a big porker?

Obama said there will be transparancy. And if a pork project is rediculous, it will get public attention, and probably get cut off.

This is how its supposed to work. You should be happy? :clap2:

Instead you are playing politics with EARMARKS.

We are on to you.

Obama isn't a dummy like Gore & Kerry & Carter. This is the new Democratic party. Hipper, wiser, sharper.

It'll be 30 years before the GOP control government again. :eusa_pray:

Good Luck with trying to tie Linsdey Graham with real conservatives. After last years " immigration " reform bill, Linsdey ranks right up there with Ted Kennedy in the eyes of most conservatives. ( At least THIS conservative ).

Typical GOP tactic. Throw him under the bus. Who are your hero's of conservatism? I'll explore their real history and let you know their true record.

I always wondered why McCain bragged that he didn't take pork. Don't the people of Arizona suffer?

Good luck tying almost any Republicans with conservativism. Sure they talk it, but when you add up the pork, they outspend the Dems everytime. Even last night someone showed us the top 10 porkers and it was something like $550 GOP to $300 Dem, rough numbers. But doesn't that strike you as odd?

The Dems just make you pay for it. The GOP put it on the debt, which is worse than raising taxes. You conservatives need to stop thinking that the government shouldn't be spending on social services and social programs.

PS. Did you hear the GOP last night say, "Obama's trying to do too much". LOL.

What would you expect them to say? They hate it that he's actually doing what he said he would do and this latest complaint from the GOP is simply pathetic.

Moments after declaring that the country needs earmark reform, Sen. Lindsey Graham offered an arduous defense of his own, well, earmarking.

Appearing on NBC's Meet the Press, the South Carolina Republican was asked about his good friend John McCain's pork-focused critique of the omnibus spending bill that was held up in the Senate on Friday.

"We do need earmark reform," said Graham. "I wish [the president] would veto the bill, we'd get back together and come up with the earmark reform process."

Seconds later, however, Graham was reminded that he himself had inserted 37 earmarks in the legislation, including $950,000 for "a convention center in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina."

After defending the transparency and necessity of such an expenditure, Graham finally finished the 180, saying of the Myrtle Beach funding: "I voted to take all earmarks out, but I will come back in the new process and put that back in."

In other words: earmarking is terrible, but I should have the ability to earmark.

To be fair, Graham -- like every other member of Congress who inserted pork into the omnibus -- had to do it publicly. Moreover, the number of earmarks has dropped significantly since Congress passed legislative changes to the process after Democrats regained control.

"Senator McCain does not object to members of Congress designating money to be spent in their state," Graham explained, "as long as it has a federal purpose, is transparent and its easy to understand what the money is going to be spent for."

Their blind attack on all earmarks has left them vunerable since 6 of the highest 10 are republicans.

Earmarks are not of themself evil. Every elected official has the right to try and bring home some of the money for needed projects in his/her district.

Lindsay is a real sharp cookie, Makes Reid look like presidential material.:lol:

Cackle all you want ... I think the Senate just prove what "change" is all about TODAY. You nimrods just bought the same shit with a shiny new paintjob. Suckers.:lol:

Forum List

Back