Lincoln the warmonger

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
There is no doubt that Lincoln wanted war. He provoked the SC garrison to fire on Ft Sumter:

Debating DiLorenzo: Lincoln, Secession, and Sumter « Crossroads

BRIAN LAMB: How did he trick the South Carolinians?

DILORENZO: Well, he promised he would not send war ships to Fort Sumter, certainly, when he did. And then in my book, I quote him – a letter from Lincoln to his naval commander, Commander Fox, Gustavus Fox thanking him for his assistance in getting the outcome that they desired, and the outcome that they desired was getting the South Carolinians to fire on Fort Sumter because he guessed correctly that the people of the north would rally behind the flag and support the war that he wanted to get into.

And at the same time, you had the confederates had sent peace commissioners to Washington to offer to pay the south’s portion of the national debt and to pay for federal forts like Fort Sumter. Napoleon III of France offered to broker some sort of compromise, but Lincoln refused to speak to any of them. He wouldn’t see any of them. He was determined to go to war, which he did.

Thomas DiLorenzo is an Austrian school "economist" and pseudohistorian who holds a post as a professor of economics at Loyola College, Maryland and as a fellow at the Ludwig von Mises Institute and formerly worked for the neo-secessionist League of the South Institute. DiLorenzo's revisionist history has made him a popular "scholar" within libertarian circles and among some of the nuttier Teabaggers. He is one of the foremost proponents of Neo-Confederate thought today. His body of work is most notable for being something of a synthesis of the alternate universe histories put forth by Neo-Confederates, free market fundamentalists, and libertarians, all in one package.

Thomas DiLorenzo - RationalWiki

:thup:

The war of "northern aggression" theory is about is grounded in fact as the "born in Kenya" theory.

Upon Lincoln's last visit to Illinois, he visited his father's grave.
150 years later to that day, I also visited his father's grave.
I done left a bouquet of flowers.

Whereas many do believe that Lincoln is dead, you should see it on a Saturday night.

New Topics

Forum List

Back