Lincoln Style Debate: Obama V/s Newt

Support for Lincoln style Debate: Obama V/s Newt

• Total voters

LadyGunSlinger

Conservative Babe
Feb 6, 2011
Should our candidate be Newt Gingrich will Barack Obama have the GUTS to debate Newt as requested (Lincoln style debates) without the media there to run interference for him?

Poll Question : Do you support the Lincoln-Douglas style format?

Last edited:
Our nation is in crisis which demands real answers to real questions. I think Americans should DEMAND that Obama accept the challenge and debate style as Newt has requested.

Obama is a lightweight without any gravitas or depth. He specializes in sound bites, platitudes, and generalizations. He'd be destroyed by Gingrich. Bring it on!!!

Obama wants no parts of Newt. Any lib that would suggest otherwise is lying.

Newt would destroy any of these candidates, but he's making it a friendly debate, which I do appreciate. He would go ham on BHO though.

What format are we talking about, exactly? The style of the actual debates between Lincoln and Douglas

Lincoln

or the style of "Lincoln-Douglas debate" as practiced today?

Lincoln

If the former, I am not enthusiastic. It seems to have been closer to closer to dueling stump speeches than a modern debate, so a candidate could essentially ignore questions he did not want to answer. If the latter, I think it would be fine, since the format is explicitly interactive. I could see one debate being LD style, but I think there would also be a number of traditional debates, and perhaps a town hall debate. To me, the important part of a debate is when a candidate is pressed to address issues he or she wishes to avoid, thereby allowing voters to hold them more accountable.

Moderator - Mr Obama, what specific steps would you take to reduce the deficit?

Obama- Um, well, I uh would uh..... Hope, and uh, um ,,and err,.... Change.

without the teleprompter - he's a dullard.

Forum List

Back