Lincoln shows Trump how to console grieving family member

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Donald - "Sorry about your man, but hey .. he signed up for it" - From Lincoln to Trump .. The De-evolution of the GOP is beyond sad. THIS is how it's done. May we have Lincoln back please God? :(

President Abraham Lincoln wrote this touching letter of condolence to the daughter of his long-time friend, William McCullough. During Lincoln's law circuit days, McCullough was sheriff and clerk of the McLean County Circuit Court in Bloomington, Illinois. Early in the Civil War he helped organize the Fourth Illinois Cavalry, which he served as Lieutenant Colonel. On December 5, 1862, he was killed during a night charge near Coffeeville, Mississippi. When he wrote this letter Lincoln appeared to be recalling his own grief as a nine-year-old child when his mother died after a short illness in 1818. Even more painful was the recent death of his much-loved 11-year-old son Willie, on February 20, 1862.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, December 23, 1862.

Dear Fanny

It is with deep grief that I learn of the death of your kind and brave Father; and, especially, that it is affecting your young heart beyond what is common in such cases.

In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all; and, to the young, it comes with bitterest agony, because it takes them unawares. The older have learned to ever expect it. I am anxious to afford some alleviation of your present distress.

Perfect relief is not possible, except with time. You can not now realize that you will ever feel better. Is not this so? And yet it is a mistake. You are sure to be happy again.

To know this, which is certainly true, will make you some less miserable now. I have had experience enough to know what I say; and you need only to believe it, to feel better at once.

The memory of your dear Father, instead of an agony, will yet be a sad sweet feeling in your heart, of a purer and holier sort than you have known before.

Please present my kind regards to your afflicted mother.

Your sincere friend
A. Lincoln

Original letter here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSuQPQVQAIn9_Z.jpg

iuak0puikqn9okpdddhw.jpg

Did Obama write touching heart felt letters to every solider who fell under his watch?

Good grief

"How it's done"? What about the other 359,999 Union troops Lincoln lost? Did their families get letters? This stuff is based on fake news created by the MSM and crooked left wing blogs designed to counter the President's obvious love and respect for the Military and the Country.

Donald - "Sorry about your man, but hey .. he signed up for it" - From Lincoln to Trump .. The De-evolution of the GOP is beyond sad. THIS is how it's done. May we have Lincoln back please God? :(

President Abraham Lincoln wrote this touching letter of condolence to the daughter of his long-time friend, William McCullough. During Lincoln's law circuit days, McCullough was sheriff and clerk of the McLean County Circuit Court in Bloomington, Illinois. Early in the Civil War he helped organize the Fourth Illinois Cavalry, which he served as Lieutenant Colonel. On December 5, 1862, he was killed during a night charge near Coffeeville, Mississippi. When he wrote this letter Lincoln appeared to be recalling his own grief as a nine-year-old child when his mother died after a short illness in 1818. Even more painful was the recent death of his much-loved 11-year-old son Willie, on February 20, 1862.

Executive Mansion,

Dear Fanny

It is with deep grief that I learn of the death of your kind and brave Father; and, especially, that it is affecting your young heart beyond what is common in such cases.

In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all; and, to the young, it comes with bitterest agony, because it takes them unawares. The older have learned to ever expect it. I am anxious to afford some alleviation of your present distress.

Perfect relief is not possible, except with time. You can not now realize that you will ever feel better. Is not this so? And yet it is a mistake. You are sure to be happy again.

To know this, which is certainly true, will make you some less miserable now. I have had experience enough to know what I say; and you need only to believe it, to feel better at once.

The memory of your dear Father, instead of an agony, will yet be a sad sweet feeling in your heart, of a purer and holier sort than you have known before.

Your sincere friend
A. Lincoln

Original letter here:

iuak0puikqn9okpdddhw.jpg
That wasn't even gushy, just sensitive and encouraging to get through the worst of the grief.

I don't like this tearing up Trump over the carcasses of dead soldiers, though, Dr. Love. Trump fanned the flames by trying to lie about his predecessors' actions when the press brought it up, but honestly, why was it brought up to begin with? The soldiers here are totally lost in order to soil either Trump or Obama. It's obscene in my book.
Thanks for the sweet Lincoln note though. He was a thinker and a writer.

Executive Mansion,

Dear Fanny

Your sincere friend
A. Lincoln

Original letter here:

iuak0puikqn9okpdddhw.jpg

First off, don't act like you give two shits because like the old slut making a Green Berets death a political hit, you notice when it's a juicy political news story. You won't post how the old whore voted three times against reforming the Green Berets VA, as well as voted against paying the green beret when Half black Jesus shut the government down the last time. Y
Libtards have zero ground to stand on here.

"How it's done"? What about the other 359,999 Union troops Lincoln lost? Did their families get letters? This stuff is based on fake news created by the MSM and crooked left wing blogs designed to counter the President's obvious love and respect for the Military and the Country.

The man is incapable of feeling remorse or expressing empathy. This should make the 12 million souls living in Seoul South Korea very nervous.

Executive Mansion,

Dear Fanny

Your sincere friend
A. Lincoln

Original letter here:

iuak0puikqn9okpdddhw.jpg

First off, don't act like you give two shits because like the old slut making a Green Berets death a political hit, you notice when it's a juicy political news story. You won't post how the old whore voted three times against reforming the Green Berets VA, as well as voted against paying the green beret when Half black Jesus shut the government down the last time. Y
What I notice is that that Congresswoman you call an "old slut" and "old whore" was the one who was actually there with the family.

Executive Mansion,

Dear Fanny

Your sincere friend
A. Lincoln

Original letter here:

iuak0puikqn9okpdddhw.jpg
That wasn't even gushy, just sensitive and encouraging to get through the worst of the grief.

I don't like this tearing up Trump over the carcasses of dead soldiers, though, Dr. Love. Trump fanned the flames by trying to lie about his predecessors' actions when the press brought it up, but honestly, why was it brought up to begin with? The soldiers here are totally lost in order to soil either Trump or Obama. It's obscene in my book.
Thanks for the sweet Lincoln note though. He was a thinker and a writer.

It was fanned in particular by his politicization of General Kelly's dead son. Donald just can't get through a week without another crapstorm of his own creation.

And so nothing gets done - ever. Sad

Executive Mansion,

Dear Fanny

Your sincere friend
A. Lincoln

Original letter here:

iuak0puikqn9okpdddhw.jpg

What I notice is that that Congresswoman you call an "old slut" and "old whore" was the one who was actually there with the family.

Yup, and that ragged out old whore voted against reforming this young families va, and voted against paying him while he was fighting a war. All this slut did was hump this families loss to poke at Trump. That makes her lower then a whore.

Forum List

Back