Lincoln freed the slaves, Obama freed the gays

All citizens have the same right.

All men can marry one woman.

So what was your problem ?

Or are you willing to give me the right to marry three women at once ?

Let's hear it Chris.

The polygamy argument is really a red herring. What fucking state allows polygamy? What laws are on the books concerning the rights of deciding who your next of kin is, in polygamous relationships? We're talking about a right granted by every state, to enter a legal contract, which is what marriage is. To deny that right to a specific class, without cause, is to deny equal protection.

Polygamy should be legal, if I want to marry 2 wives who the fucks business it it?

Don't look for any help from the left.

They are all about rights....as long as they are rights they are concerned with. Move off that square and see how fast these stalwarts fade.

It would be funny if it were not so sad.

I'd vote for polygamy long before I'd vote for gay marriage. It's more consistent.

The polygamy argument is really a red herring. What fucking state allows polygamy? What laws are on the books concerning the rights of deciding who your next of kin is, in polygamous relationships? We're talking about a right granted by every state, to enter a legal contract, which is what marriage is. To deny that right to a specific class, without cause, is to deny equal protection.

Polygamy should be legal, if I want to marry 2 wives who the fucks business it it?

Don't look for any help from the left.

They are all about rights....as long as they are rights they are concerned with. Move off that square and see how fast these stalwarts fade.

It would be funny if it were not so sad.

I'd vote for polygamy long before I'd vote for gay marriage. It's more consistent.

My thing is both of these are already happening, gay couples live together as if they were married anyways and plenty of people in Utah live life as polygamists with multiple wives, without the paperwork, some senator or congressman writing up a law isn't going to change the way people live. I think its time we move on to more pressing issues to be honest.

All citizens should have the same rights.

The last legal bigotry in America needs to be defeated.

Thank you, President Obama.

Lincoln didn't do squat but give a speech that was more about preventing the Confederacy from getting the support of England and France than anything else. No blacks were freed that hadn't already been freed by the federal forces and the social and political integration of blacks into the US began with President Grant. Nice try but very few people will take seriously the comparison of the conditions and lifestyle of black slaves in the south and modern gays.

Last edited:

Hey moron, all citizens do have exactly the same rights.

Obama has done nothing (as usual) except promote himself.

He's been exploiting, patronizing, and using gays for the last 4 years.

How much Kool Aid do you have to drink to believe his lies after all this time?

Sodomy/Homosexuality is not a right, it is a sexual perversion. It is not a civil right.
The Government should not legalize a sexual perversion, and or/ human abnormality.
Homos are not enslaved to be freed by anyone.
The poster premis is all wrong, and incorrect.

This, to me, is like Nixon going to China. We keep hearing that the black community is the last bastion of anti-homosexuality....yet it is a black president who first has the courage to state that he supports gay marriage.

Sodomy/Homosexuality is not a right, it is a sexual perversion. It is not a civil right.
The Government should not legalize a sexual perversion, and or/ human abnormality.

Knowing that you are unhappy about this is a sure sign that Obama did the right thing. :clap2:

So you want the government telling us what sexual partners we can have and what sex acts we can perform with them?:cuckoo:

Hey moron, all citizens do have exactly the same rights.

Obama has done nothing (as usual) except promote himself.

He's been exploiting, patronizing, and using gays for the last 4 years.

How much Kool Aid do you have to drink to believe his lies after all this time?

Exactly. Nothing has changed and nothing will change just because Obama said what groups wanted to hear so they'd get out their checkbooks. The states will still make the call and they aren't influenced by Obama. If he was serious about doing something for the gays, he'd propose a federal law regarding unions. He won't do that. He offered up lip service and people treat his words as if they were actions. I guess if he flipflopped, er I mean evolved, then that is all they need to contribute to his campaign.

There are problems that Obama and congress can actually do something about if they wanted to, but they give lip service there, too.

Knowing that you are unhappy about this is a sure sign that Obama did the right thing. :clap2:

The One has realized that the right thing to do is to not tick off his wealthy gay campaign contributers. :eusa_whistle: Otherwise he's only shown that he's a consistent waffler on "gay marriage." Anyone who believes that he's being altruistic in this matter can buy a bridge I own in Brooklyn, yeah.....

Last edited:
Everyone who is a lover of chocolate covered wieners should (and obviously DID) applaud the President's "evolved" decision, helped along the way by his puppet master, who reluctantly allowed that Obama IS A WELL-SPOKEN AND CLEAN boy, former Senator, Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back