Lincoln freed the slaves, Obama freed the gays

The church I grew up going to was called a Christian Church, it seems that name came from Jesus Christ. So we are supposed to learn from what Jesus Christ did and said. Could some one help me, I can't find a single reference to Jesus Christ himself saying anything whatsoever about homosexuality. Thanks in advance!
You're right, Jesus never mentioned homosexuality.

The church I grew up going to was called a Christian Church, it seems that name came from Jesus Christ. So we are supposed to learn from what Jesus Christ did and said. Could some one help me, I can't find a single reference to Jesus Christ himself saying anything whatsoever about homosexuality. Thanks in advance!

He didn't need to. He just referred to the Law. To somehow try to claim that Christ would have considered marriage to be something other than a union between man and woman is actually pretty abysmal in terms of intellectual dishonesty.

He didn't need to. He just referred to the Law. To somehow try to claim that Christ would have considered marriage to be something other than a union between man and woman is actually pretty abysmal in terms of intellectual dishonesty.

You mean the law that religious nuts claim was done away with? It's funny how much christians cling to some old testament lines while claiming others were done away with by jesus.

Jesus didn't void the Old Testament.

All citizens should have the same rights.

The last legal bigotry in America needs to be defeated.

Thank you, President Obama.

A pretty sad example of politically correct grandstanding on the part of Obama. Deciding fundamental social norms like marriage are fair game for daily politics is not a sign of real leadership.

Indeed. If he were to win reelection and change his mind again in another three years, would that be the new standard?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

No special rights, then!

whew!!

Nope! If I can marry a man, Bill should be able to and if Chris can marry a woman, I should be able to.

No special rights requested, whatsoever.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Please note that those noble words do not include women. Or gays. Or Lesbians.

Obama freed the gays

What exactly did he do?

Exactly NOTHING!

He expressed a PERSONAL opinion, even emphasizing the word ``PERSONAL``.

And let`s keep in mind that he was forced into that position by his puppet master, the Vice President, just as George W. Bush was forced into positions by his Vice President, as we heard ad infinitum between 2000 and 2008, from the liberal media.

Equating the termination of slavery, in this country, to that of deferring the right of same sex couples to wed by a vote of the people in an individual state is not quit the same. But then again some people have a hard time understanding the concept of linkage, furthermore, what act or bill did he sign?

And then it'll go to the Supreme Court, just like Loving v. Virginia.

By all means....take it there.

And if the SCOTUS rules against you.....CA will have it's activist court rejection reversed.

Do you really want to marginalize states ?

All citizens have the same right.

All men can marry one woman.

So what was your problem ?

Or are you willing to give me the right to marry three women at once ?

Let's hear it Chris.

All citizens have the same right.

All men can marry one woman.

So what was your problem ?

Or are you willing to give me the right to marry three women at once ?

Let's hear it Chris.

Dude. Old, tired argument but I'm willing to address it again.

If you can marry a woman, I should be able to marry a woman. That's it.

Yes he did when he was violating the law of Leviticus, and telling us about a new covenant.

And then it'll go to the Supreme Court, just like Loving v. Virginia.

By all means....take it there.

And if the SCOTUS rules against you.....CA will have it's activist court rejection reversed.

Do you really want to marginalize states ?

I want it to go the way of Loving v Virginia.

And if it does.....

You may see a marriage amendment after all......

Your sister would appreciate that.

We'll have that long before we ever have single payer.....

And if it doesn't.....it might just have the same effect as a marriage amendment.

Of course, you didn't bother to answer my question. I realize that you subscribe to the liberal idea that you are somehow smarter than most.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back