Limbaugh's letter....

Whasa matter....:eusa_dance:

No one wanta comment on the Dims played for the fools they prove themselves to be?

I’ll give you my general perspective on it. I wonder how Rush obtained the letter (or if it is merely a copy). The original issue was, based on interpretations his conversation, does Rush think that those soldiers who speak the truth and criticize the war “phony soldiers”? Some people think that Rush meant that those soldiers who lie are phony soldiers. Anyway, his auctioning of the letter and donating the money, though a nice gesture, was after the fact. Will any of that money go to honest soldiers critical of the war? Therefore, I don’t find it that humorous or ironic. It could well be that Rush thought that he better improve his image and be careful to not be thought of as one who stoops to name-calling against good honest soldiers who criticize the war. Anyway, for whatever the real reason, it is a nice gesture. Ultimately, it proves nothing except that Rush, now, wants to donate money from an auction to soldiers.

I’ll give you my general perspective on it. I wonder how Rush obtained the letter (or if it is merely a copy). The original issue was, based on interpretations his conversation, does Rush think that those soldiers who speak the truth and criticize the war “phony soldiers”? Some people think that Rush meant that those soldiers who lie are phony soldiers. Anyway, his auctioning of the letter and donating the money, though a nice gesture, was after the fact. Will any of that money go to honest soldiers critical of the war? Therefore, I don’t find it that humorous or ironic. It could well be that Rush thought that he better improve his image and be careful to not be thought of as one who stoops to name-calling against good honest soldiers who criticize the war. Anyway, for whatever the real reason, it is a nice gesture. Ultimately, it proves nothing except that Rush, now, wants to donate money from an auction to soldiers.

Well, how fucking large of you sir, I know it must just piss you to fine anything nice to say about Rush.

I'm impressed, well, I'm not really impressed, but good for ya............:eusa_shifty:

Well, how fucking large of you sir, I know it must just piss you to fine anything nice to say about Rush.

I'm impressed, well, I'm not really impressed, but good for ya............:eusa_shifty:

How reactionary can you be? I can find nice things to say about Rush. Doing so does not bother me at all. He is entertaining and even quite insightful at times. I consider myself to be an intellectual independent moderate. I think about, discuss, and debate the merits of particular issues and the specific demerits and benefits of particular elements of specific philosophies. Unlike many people, I am not very focused on people, personalities, parties, or political platforms.

I’ll give you my general perspective on it. I wonder how Rush obtained the letter (or if it is merely a copy).

The letter was sent to the CEO or something, so of course its real,
Are you for real

The original issue was, based on interpretations his conversation, does Rush think that those soldiers who speak the truth and criticize the war “phony soldiers”? Some people think that Rush meant that those soldiers who lie are phony soldiers.

Immediately after Rush finished with the caller, the transcript shows what he was referring to....read it...the show didn't end when the caller was finished..

Anyway, his auctioning of the letter and donating the money, though a nice gesture, was after the fact. Will any of that money go to honest soldiers critical of the war?

No it won't...the money ($2,100,100) goes to the families (children) of Marines and Policemen that lost their lives in the performance of their duties

Therefore, I don’t find it that humorous or ironic.

Whats humorous and ironic is that makes fools out the Dims that made a mountain out of molehill for political gain.....by lying about the whole thing

It could well be that Rush thought that he better improve his image and be careful to not be thought of as one who stoops to name-calling against good honest soldiers who criticize the war. Anyway, for whatever the real reason, it is a nice gesture. Ultimately, it proves nothing except that Rush, now, wants to donate money from an auction to soldiers.

Rush DOES NOT get credit for donating the auction money...the buyer does....but I heard that Rush will MATCH the money that the auction brought in and donate that to the cause...so the Marines and Cops will get $4,200,200
Thats a hell of alot more than any rich liberal asshole gave to this worthy cause....

The letter was sent to the CEO or something, so of course its real,

Is there proof to your statement or is it merely speculation? Just because a CEO sent something does not mean that it is real but I never suggested that it was not real. Good god. Learn to read and pay attention. I did not say that it was not real. I simply wanted to know if it is the original letter or a copy.

Immediately after Rush finished with the caller, the transcript shows what he was referring to....read it...the show didn't end when the caller was finished.

I read the transcript very carefully, line-by-line and word-for-word. It can be interpreted to mean that Rush thought that honest soldiers who merely criticize the war are “phony”. It can also be interpreted to mean that he was only referring to soldiers that lie.

Whats humorous and ironic is that makes fools out the Dims that made a mountain out of molehill for political gain.....by lying about the whole thing

The auction was done after the “phony” debate. The transcript can be interpreted in at least 2 ways. It does not prove that people were lying about it and it certainly does not make fools out of “Dims”.

Rush DOES NOT get credit for donating the auction money...the buyer does....but I heard that Rush will MATCH the money that the auction brought in and donate that to the cause...so the Marines and Cops will get $4,200,200
Thats a hell of alot more than any rich liberal asshole gave to this worthy cause....

Rush auctioned the letter. Therefore he gets partial credit the transaction. He will match the money. He certainly gets credit for that. I doubt that a liberal ever gave $2,100,100 to a cause that you would consider being worthy. Yet, I think that a liberal did give at least $2,100,100 to a worthy cause.

The true SLIME in this story is that ass wad dingy harry trying claim some sort of credit for what Rush did. How low can these filthy, slimy, liberals go?

If these filthy liberals think it's so great, then let's see dingy harry, or any other of the forty signers of the letter match the selling price like Rush is doing.

The true SLIME in this story is that ass wad dingy harry trying claim some sort of credit for what Rush did. How low can these filthy, slimy, liberals go?

There is no such thing as too low. On the other hand, Mark Steyn has suggested that the democrats should at least give $50k, if not match Rush's donation. He also points out that Reid tips from campaign contributions. ;)

There is no such thing as too low. On the other hand, Mark Steyn has suggested that the democrats should at least give $50k, if not match Rush's donation. He also points out that Reid tips from campaign contributions. ;)

Reid also has THREE SONS that are all LOBYISTS! Edwards just built a multi million dollar home, and the clintons surely are millionaires. Lets see any one of them match Rush's matching money. But don't hold your breath... :rolleyes:

If these filthy liberals think it's so great, then let's see dingy harry, or any other of the forty signers of the letter match the selling price like Rush is doing.

Democrats and liberals do donate to charity. It might not be to the extent that conservatives do. First of all, the terms liberal/conservative and “worthy charity”/ “unworthy charity” are debatable (What examples fall into what categories?) Secondly, I don’t now the statistics. I just wanted to show that liberals do donate.

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~gradspkr/candidates3.html

Soros donated $500 millions in 1992 and 1993 to many charity foundations in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.

http://www.eurasia.org/publications/news/view.aspx?ID=68

Democrats and liberals do donate to charity. It might not be to the extent that conservatives do. First of all, the terms liberal/conservative and “worthy charity”/ “unworthy charity” are debatable (What examples fall into what categories?) Secondly, I don’t now the statistics. I just wanted to show that liberals do donate.

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~gradspkr/candidates3.html

Soros donated $500 millions in 1992 and 1993 to many charity foundations in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.

http://www.eurasia.org/publications/news/view.aspx?ID=68

Try and stay on topic matts... the thread is about the smear letter dingy harry sent to Rush.

Try and stay on topic matts... the thread is about the smear letter dingy harry sent to Rush.

I don’t know anyone named Dingy Harry. Did Harry Reid send the “auction” letter to Rush? Thanks for clarifying that for me. I thought that some CEO did it.

This whole thing has been a PR disaster for the left - a comedy of catastrophic errors, beginning with the MoveOn ad, and playing - quite predictably - right on through to this ignominious conclusion. Democrats will behave like Democrats; they are quite powerless to stop themselves. They are likewise powerless in the face of the New Media (Fox News, talk radio, and the blogosphere); leftism's principal weaponry - the lie, in all its forms - is neutralized by the light of day. If they cannot - somehow - regain their stranglehold on the dissemination of information, they are dead men walking.

Trouble is, they may just get another crack at it. The Republicans are certainly stupid enough to give it all away in '08. Que sera, sera. Maybe it will take another Clinton presidency to get conservatism off the deck in this country.

I don’t know anyone named Dingy Harry. Did Harry Reid send the “auction” letter to Rush? Thanks for clarifying that for me. I thought that some CEO did it.

It was sent to the CEO of Clearchannel, the home of Rush.

Is there proof to your statement or is it merely speculation? Just because a CEO sent something does not mean that it is real but I never suggested that it was not real. Good god. Learn to read and pay attention. I did not say that it was not real. I simply wanted to know if it is the original letter or a copy.

What the hell...I'll give it another try....
a CEO didn't send "something"..Dims in Congress did the sending to the CEO of Clearchannel

I read the transcript very carefully, line-by-line and word-for-word. It can be interpreted to mean that Rush thought that honest soldiers who merely criticize the war are “phony”. It can also be interpreted to mean that he was only referring to soldiers that lie.

There is nothing to interpret...Rush named the "phony soldier"... immediately after the caller hung up...as an example of a "phony soldier"....

The auction was done after the “phony” debate. The transcript can be interpreted in at least 2 ways. It does not prove that people were lying about it and it certainly does not make fools out of “Dims”.

my opinion vs. yours....the Dims looked like fools from start to finish

Rush auctioned the letter. Therefore he gets partial credit the transaction. He will match the money. He certainly gets credit for that. I doubt that a liberal ever gave $2,100,100 to a cause that you would consider being worthy. Yet, I think that a liberal did give at least $2,100,100 to a worthy cause.

Rush gets NO benefit from the sale. Only what he matches..
and it would be quite telling if you consider a charity that benefits dead Marines and Policeman's families as only worthy to a Conservative....
//

What the hell...I'll give it another try....
a CEO didn't send "something"..Dims in Congress did the sending to the CEO of Clearchannel

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Still, I never suggested that it was a fake. I thought that it was a copy.

There is nothing to interpret...Rush named the "phony soldier"... immediately after the caller hung up...as an example of a "phony soldier"....

He named one who lied. Taken as a whole, the conversation can still be interpreted to mean that Rush thinks that honest soldiers that criticize the war are phony.

Rush gets NO benefit from the sale. Only what he matches..
and it would be quite telling if you consider a charity that benefits dead Marines and Policeman's families as only worthy to a Conservative....

Read what I originally wrote about this. I never mentioned financial credit or financial compensation. I suggested that it might improve his image. Here is my statement:

It could well be that Rush thought that he better improve his image and be careful to not be thought of as one who stoops to name-calling against good honest soldiers who criticize the war. Anyway, for whatever the real reason, it is a nice gesture. Ultimately, it proves nothing except that Rush, now, wants to donate money from an auction to soldiers.

Donations to families of fallen soldiers are a good cause for anyone – democrats and republicans. I think that democrats have donated to military families too – though perhaps not to the extent that conservative war hawks have. There are other good causes too.

He named one who lied. Taken as a whole, the conversation can still be interpreted to mean that Rush thinks that honest soldiers that criticize the war are phony.

No... it can't... period. What he meant, and it's clear as a bell, is that there are people who call into talk radio POSING as a soldier, or veteran, when they clearly are NOT. They don't have their facts straight, and don't know shit about the military. They're anti military/war liberals trying to deceive the listening audience with their bull shit lies and agenda driven crap.

For once matts, see the trees through the forest.

Forum List

Back