Limbaugh silenced by sykes...

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
We now know who the republican leader bows to... Himself, and his drug addicted shame... I wasted three hours of my life listening for his rebuttal and it did not come... Wonder why the usually outspoken Limbaugh had nothing to say.... Personally I think its the beginning of the end for the man and the end of the end of his beloved party...

1) Limbaugh is not the "Republican Leader"
2) The guy will still be the entertainer he is and his audience (of which I am not one) will still be there
3) What do you expect to accomplish by lashing back, if you are him? An ongoing flame war between him and a c-rate comedienne? Actually serves no purpose
4) And it really seems like it is the far lefties who are truly addicted to Limbaugh... you never really see the republicans, conservatives, or 'righties' spouting off about anything about him, for the most part

2) The guy will still be the entertainer he is and his audience (of which I am not one) will still be there
3) What do you expect to accomplish by lashing back, if you are him? An ongoing flame war between him and a c-rate comedienne? Actually serves no purpose
4) And it really seems like it is the far lefties who are truly addicted to Limbaugh... you never really see the republicans, conservatives, or 'righties' spouting off about anything about him, for the most part

In response to item #4.

I believe it clear that Rush must be accomodated by the neo con faction of the republican party. Time and time again limbaugh trashes any republican that does not show him in a good light. They are afraid of him. Most of the rest of the country thinks he is a joke. I am one of them. I am not a lefty.

We now know who the republican leader bows to... Himself, and his drug addicted shame... I wasted three hours of my life listening for his rebuttal and it did not come... Wonder why the usually outspoken Limbaugh had nothing to say.... Personally I think its the beginning of the end for the man and the end of the end of his beloved party...

He is ready to have a heart attack. He looked horrible at that CPAC thing.

To me, it would literally be like seeing a serial killer executed. Wouldn't lose a minute of sleep other than thinking how sad it is that some people are so hateful and sadistic.

I think he is a greedy evil liar.

In response to item #4.

I believe it clear that Rush must be accomodated by the neo con faction of the republican party. Time and time again limbaugh trashes any republican that does not show him in a good light. They are afraid of him. Most of the rest of the country thinks he is a joke. I am one of them. I am not a lefty.

As stated.. he's an entertainer with an audience... and like any entertainer he will play to the audience however he needs to to maintain and grow that audience

I personally think he's a windbag.. don't like his show in the least, which is why I don't choose to listen other than the few times I've passed by when commercials were on the shows I do listen to...

But I still don't see as many repubs/conservatives/righties quoting or referring to anything he says, as I do lefties trying to use it as some point in an argument...

Every time I see a partisan bring up something about him... I personally don't even take it seriously... no matter what side the extreme partisan is on

I'm no fan of Rush Limbaugh, not by a longshot, but I think Wanda Sykes' comments were over the top for that venue. I never found her to be very funny anyway. She epitomizes the reason why certain black people seem to expect they can get away with that kind of double-standard, just because they're black. As Don Imus said, if a white comedian had made similar comments about our black president if he was sitting right there, he would have been run out of the country.

I'm no fan of Rush Limbaugh, not by a longshot, but I think Wanda Sykes' comments were over the top for that venue. I never found her to be very funny anyway. She epitomizes the reason why certain black people seem to expect they can get away with that kind of double-standard, just because they're black. As Don Imus said, if a white comedian had made similar comments about our black president if he was sitting right there, he would have been run out of the country.

Limbaugh gets away with it all the time. He isn't funny either.

In response to item #4.

As stated.. he's an entertainer with an audience... and like any entertainer he will play to the audience however he needs to to maintain and grow that audience

I personally think he's a windbag.. don't like his show in the least, which is why I don't choose to listen other than the few times I've passed by when commercials were on the shows I do listen to...

But I still don't see as many repubs/conservatives/righties quoting or referring to anything he says, as I do lefties trying to use it as some point in an argument...

Every time I see a partisan bring up something about him... I personally don't even take it seriously... no matter what side the extreme partisan is on

You seem to be a born again Dave, because I pegged you for a right winger. Are you trying to re-invent yourself or something?

And excuse me, but Cheney was asked who the GOP should follow/listen to, Rush or Powell, and he said RUSH.

Republicans follow Rush. PERIOD. End of story. And because just like all other Republicans, he is WRONG in his thinking, you guys ultimately have to say that he is strictly for entertainment purposes.

Oh if that were only true, liar.

PS. Your party is now divided. The Rush/Bushies vs all the people who left your party.

I agree, it was over the top. I cringed on that joke although I found myself laughing when she spoke about Cheney being a dangerous man and warning her grandkids to go into a stranger's car instead of Cheney's.

Why should she get a pass because she is a comedienne? Look what happened to Don Imus for using the phrase "nappy-headed ho's." No one gave him a pass for being a comedian and neither did Michael Richards of Seinfeld.

Rush is nothing more then rightwing version of Michael Moore...

limbaugh+moore.jpg

limbaugh+moore.jpg

Isn't it funny how SPOT ON all of Michael Moore's movies have been?

Rush's rantings haven't been true or right.

Sicko, Fahrenheit 911, bowling for colombine, Roger & Me.

limbaugh+moore.jpg

Well, now we have it all figured out. All Republicans are blind followers of Rush Limbaugh, and all Democrats are blind followers of Michael Moore. Obviously, to the fanatics on this board, there is no inbetween, and no one is capable of independent thought. What a country we live in.

limbaugh+moore.jpg

Well, now we have it all figured out. All Republicans are blind followers of Rush Limbaugh, and all Democrats are blind followers of Michael Moore. Obviously, to the fanatics on this board, there is no inbetween, and no one is capable of independent thought. What a country we live in.

That was just a way for a right winger to justify the evil leaders on their side.

Ann Coulter? She's just the right version of Al Franken. :eusa_liar:

See how it works? Very easy to squash an argument by bringing up a liberal that the right has demonized.

who is wanda sykes and why does her opinion matter.......

She's fine, if you're into the standup shows on Comedy Central. But not that venue. Somebody should have reviewed how far she intended to go. I think Obama & Co. want the Limbaugh thingie to go away.

Colbert was ripped by the right-wing media over his portrayal of looking for WMD and following Helen Thomas around, but that was MILD and not even very funny. So when you have Democrats like me complaining that Wanda Sykes was waaaaay out of line, that's a real problem. I thought the rest of the show was a hoot.

Why not Bill Cosby? He gets all flustered when talking about anything serious, like education, but give him a microphone and he's one of the funniest black comedians alive.

She's fine, if you're into the standup shows on Comedy Central. But not that venue. Somebody should have reviewed how far she intended to go. I think Obama & Co. want the Limbaugh thingie to go away.

Colbert was ripped by the right-wing media over his portrayal of looking for WMD and following Helen Thomas around, but that was MILD and not even very funny. So when you have Democrats like me complaining that Wanda Sykes was waaaaay out of line, that's a real problem. I thought the rest of the show was a hoot.

Why not Bill Cosby? He gets all flustered when talking about anything serious, like education, but give him a microphone and he's one of the funniest black comedians alive.

He used to be.. I saw him about a year ago,, paid big bucks.. he sat in a chair an rambled on and on and on.. got very few laughs... then he started his bush bashing and got booed.. and booed and boooed. that was wasted money.

her opinion doesn't matter ...... and i don't find cosby funny, nothing but stupid voices and stupid stories....

Forum List

Back