Limbaugh signs $400M contract

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlestonChad, Jul 2, 2008.

1. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    LIMBAUGH SIGNS THROUGH 2016; $400 MILLION DEAL SHATTERS BROADCAST RECORDS

Wed Jul 02 2008 09:02:18 ET
    **Exclusive**

The American broadcast industry is rocked, realigned and blasted into a new orbit, yet again, by Rush Limbaugh, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In what is being described as an unprecedented radio contract, Limbaugh will keep his syndicated show on-the-air and e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e through 2016 with CLEAR CHANNEL and PREMIERE RADIO.

Already host of the most lucrative hours since radio's inception, Limbaugh's total package is valued north of $400 million, according to media insiders.

The NEW YORK TIMES will claim this weekend that Limbaugh, marking 20 years this summer as a national host, has secured a 9-figure signing bonus for the new deal, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

MORE

In its controversial profile, the TIMES reports that Limbaugh is buying a new G550 jet and is making an estimated $38 million a year.

[The cover photo of the TIMES Sunday magazine depicts Limbaugh 'dark and sinister' in a theme of THE GODFATHER.]

While newspapers and traditional broadcast media are experiencing declining revenues, Limbaugh's golden microphone has turned diamond-laced:

Earnings now pace him ahead of the annual salaries for network news anchors: Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer — combined!

MORE

The deal represents a stunning triumph over the establishment by an outsider who connected with and captured the spirit of the nation's heartland.

Developing...

DRUDGE REPORT 2008®

2. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Good for him. At 38 million a year salary, he has to be one of the highest salaried workers in the country. I don't think top fortune 500 ceo's get salaries that high.

3. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    That will buy him a TON of pills!

4. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    oops wrong thread

5. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    i was curious on that one CC

Big Paychecks - Forbes.com

he chief executives of America's 500 biggest companies got a collective 38% pay raise last year, to $7.5 billion. That's an average $15.2 million apiece. Exercised stock options again account for the main component of pay, 48%. The average stock gain was $7.3 million.

The highest-paid boss of the 500 companies we tracked: Apple (nasdaq: AAPL - news - people ) chief Steve Jobs. He drew a nominal $1 salary but realized $647 million from vested restricted stock last year.

The next four top-paid chief executives also earned most of their pay from exercised stock options: Ray Irani of Occidental Petroleum (nyse: OXY - news - people ) ($322 million total pay), Barry Diller of IAC/Interactive Corp (nasdaq: IACI - news - people ) ($295 million), William P. Foley of Fidelity National Financial (nyse: FNF - news - people ) ($180 million), and Terry Semel of Yahoo! (nasdaq: YHOO - news - people ) ($174 million).

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Good for Rush. He works hard, and obviously he has a huge audience. People think conservatives are a minority...but they're wrrrroooonnnngggg.

7. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    good for rush. Like any entertainer, he found his niche. Dont like it? Dont listen to him.

and I happen to think he is a Sebaceous gland on the ass of our society but, hey, fuckit. it's not my money paying his salary.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I wish somebody would pay me a hundred quadrillion for my opinion on things.

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    no shit.

I could stir up all kinds of shit on the radio too, dammit.

10. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    it would be a swweet job.