Limbaugh raises 4.2 million for charity

krotchdog

Rookie
Apr 7, 2009
http://www.qando.net/ - Letter and Limbaugh raise 4.2 million for charity

you remember the Media Matter attempt to make something out o nothing with the Rush Limbauh "phony soldiers" claim. You remember Harry Reid getting all huffy on the floor of the Senate and getting a group of Senators (including 3 presidential candidates) to sign a letter of protest to the president of Clear Channel Broadcasting?

Here's the outcome:
The conservative radio talk-show host turned an inflammatory letter written by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and signed by 41 of his fellow Democrats into a more than $4.2 million gold mine for the kids of Marines and law enforcement personnel killed in the line of duty, all courtesy of eBay.

The Eugene B. Casey foundation Betty Casey coughed up more than $2.1 million to be the sole owner of the letter sent to the radio host's boss demanding that Limbaugh be reprimanded for a "phony soldier" comment he made on air. Limbaugh has pledged to match whatever was paid for the letter.

Limbaugh described Betty Casey, a trustee of the foundation, as a loyal listener to his show.

“She gives significant sums to hospitals, hospices, colleges and private schools,” Limbaugh said during his radio show Friday afternoon, just after the eBay auction ended. “Betty has been a listener to my program since its inception, and we can't thank her enough for her support. This was kind of the last straw for her, what Harry Reid did here.”
The money will go to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation which provides scholarships to the children of those from both the Marine Corps and Law Enforcement who have fallen in the line of duty.

Harry Reid tried to take some credit for the huge sum on the floor of the Senate.

However Limbaugh quashed that as well:
“Harry Reid in a speech on the Senate floor at 12 noon today, a little over an hour ago, attempted to hone in on all this and take some credit for it, claiming that he and I had buried the hatchet, or implying that that had been the case, and then kept using the pronoun "we" in discussing how good this was, the money going to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation,” Limbaugh said on his show.

“Three words, that means, ‘Rush, you win,’” Reid told his colleagues on the Senate floor. “I asked Sen. Reid to match and all the other senators who can afford to do so. I haven't heard from them on that. I asked Sen. Reid to go on the program and discuss his discussion of me as "unpatriotic." He did not accept my offer to do that and now has the audacity to climb aboard this, praising the effort, saying that "he" never knew that it would get this kind of money.
All that sounds wonderful and good and heartwarming, but the bottom line is Limbaugh is paying out 2.1 million of his own bucks to a charity, something I would guess was completely unplanned for this year. I'm sure it won't hurt him to do so, but Reid had to have a little bit of a smile at the way this turned out. If you can't get 'em in the ratings, or win the PR war, get 'em in the wallet - and that's something for which government is the expert.

Dittoheads, we know who Rush is, let the threads die that spew the lies. Create your own Ditto head thread with a positive title, dont post in the trash, ignore it, your are falling into a trap. the libs present a false premis and we waste our time responding giving weight and momentum to the lies and hate.

Last edited:
Ol' Druggie Limp Rushbaugh makes $500,000,000 a year. Why should he have to raise $4 million? A $5million personal contribution would represent only one percent of his income.

That you are dittohead material is evident from your ignorance on all subjects.

• Banned
old rock is a scurrilous lying crock of shit (this is not a flame, its old rocks words with old rocks name placed in front)

old crock knowingly posted false information in environment under climate change

how can I address old crocks post here, I will have to spend hours looking for the answer like before and than I find out old rock willingly and knowingly posted a false report, not only did old man post the false report but old man had a rebutal ready in case he got found out

this kind of stuff makes me sick, further look at the vile old man says about others, and than we are suppose to take his word and if we dont we get old crokes vile mouth

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/73527-climate-change-the-simple-argument.html

old rock is a scurrilous lying crock of shit (this is not a flame, its old rocks words with old rocks name placed in front)

Why dont you address the fact that you posted a false report.

Old dog aint gave a cent to those who need, I do, I know odd dog personally, I live right next door and we speak everyday, he is so cheap, he screams how the conservatives do nothing.

I tell old dog, I am your friend, I give hundreds how can you say this and old rock has nothing to reply.

I told old rock about this thread, and now he pretends to be my enemy.

Old rock is the cheap, I know no other that hates the poor more than old dog, yet he can talk shit about his friends that do give.

Old Rock, why are you being such an asshole to me, seriosly, we eat dinner together and than you say this kind of shit, you know I always give to those who need and you give nothing yet I say nothing because its irrelevant. If you are going to attack my posts simply because i make you evaluate your morals I think you should stay home, do not come to my house, do not pretend to be my friend.

Address what is really bothering you, dont post lie and bullshit, I did not turn my back on you.
Grow up.

old crock knowingly posted false information in environment under climate change

how can I address old crocks post here, I will have to spend hours looking for the answer like before and than I find out old rock willingly and knowingly posted a false report, not only did old man post the false report but old man had a rebutal ready in case he got found out

this kind of stuff makes me sick, further look at the vile old man says about others, and than we are suppose to take his word and if we dont we get old crokes vile mouth

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/73527-climate-change-the-simple-argument.html

Why dont you address the fact that you posted a false report.

Old dog aint gave a cent to those who need, I do, I know odd dog personally, I live right next door and we speak everyday, he is so cheap, he screams how the conservatives do nothing.

I tell old dog, I am your friend, I give hundreds how can you say this and old rock has nothing to reply.

I told old rock about this thread, and now he pretends to be my enemy.

Old rock is the cheap, I know no other that hates the poor more than old dog, yet he can talk shit about his friends that do give.

Old Rock, why are you being such an asshole to me, seriosly, we eat dinner together and than you say this kind of shit, you know I always give to those who need and you give nothing yet I say nothing because its irrelevant. If you are going to attack my posts simply because i make you evaluate your morals I think you should stay home, do not come to my house, do not pretend to be my friend.

Address what is really bothering you, dont post lie and bullshit, I did not turn my back on you.
Grow up.

You really need to get a life, move on and get over it.:cuckoo:

• Banned
I need a life, whats that say about you, you see some one you describe as having no life, yet you are here no different than me, and your post added so much. I see you have a little cuckoo too, that is the sound a chicken makes, cuckoo, cuckoo

Even 4.2 TRILLION wouldn't make LimpBoy any less of a PHONY SOLDIER.

01125111.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

Ol' Druggie Limp Rushbaugh makes $500,000,000 a year. Why should he have to raise $4 million? A $5million personal contribution would represent only one percent of his income.

$500,000,000/year? I thought it was in the $25-30 million range.

$500,000,000/year? I thought it was in the $25-30 million range.

Xsited....Old Rocks can't let the facts get in the way of his story. Rush, in 2001 signed a contract for 297 million dollars, which runs through 2009. That would make it 33 million a year. But, don't tell Old Rocks, it would really crimp his story. :lol:

Last edited:
That hurts, Rush gives more than all the posters here put together and they find fault with Rush. Of course Rush gives much more, much, much, more. Rush does not advertise his giving.

In this case, not one Democrat offered to match or contribute, is that because the are better.

anyhow, no better source for the news, I challenge anyone to a debate on any current topic that rush covers on his show. I have no takers.

Rush covers more news stories, more politics than any other news anchorman. It is biased so you libs wont like it, Rush's bias when covering the news that you dont like is Rush tells the complete truth, that is the bias libs hate.

there, I educated you thank me.

I've listened to him. His content and opinions are not why I don't listen to him. He comes across to me as mean-spirited. Even when I agree with him, sometimes I think he goes a little too far, but then that is what gets him attention and ratings. He is a sucessful entertainer, more power to him.
I can't see how anyone could find fault with this story though, everybody wins. How often does that happen?

In this case, not one Democrat offered to match or contribute, is that because the are better.

The Dems didn't call soldiers that spout to the media "phony soldiers," why should they have to pay for LimpBoy's hate?????

LimpBoy had the gaul to compare Brian McGough of VoteVets.org, an Iraq vet, to a suicide bomber. The worthless, America hating, phony soldier, LimpBoy got away cheap paying only $2 million.

I challenge anyone to a debate on any current topic that rush covers on his show. I have no takers.

Baloney, you cut & run whenever someone takes your challenge.

Defend this lie:

February 13, 2009
RUSH: I don't want people to be unemployed.

The Dems didn't call soldiers that spout to the media "phony soldiers," why should they have to pay for LimpBoy's hate?????

LimpBoy had the gaul to compare Brian McGough of VoteVets.org, an Iraq vet, to a suicide bomber. The worthless, America hating, phony soldier, LimpBoy got away cheap paying only $2 million.

Earth to moron, the "phony soldiers" are the jack offs that were sprewing lies about Iraq, but were never there. Then your sooper democratic congress reacts by setting a precedent for demonizing private citizens. Furthermore, were all still waiting for all the idiots that signed the petition letter against Rush to match his contribution to military charities...... :eusa_whistle:

Earth to moron, the "phony soldiers" are the jack offs that were sprewing lies about Iraq, but were never there.

Reality to brainwashed Ditto-Doper, LimpBoy himself said the "phony soldiers" comment was provoked by the caller's words "soldiers that... spout to the media."
Anyone who isn't brainwashed knows he was referring to the 7 Iraq vets who sent a letter to the editor of the N Y Times which the Times had published.

September 28, 2007
RUSH: After doing that morning update on Wednesday, I got a phone call yesterday from somebody, we were talking about the troops, and this gentleman said something which you'll hear here in just a second, prompting me to reply "yeah, the phony soldiers."

RUSH ARCHIVE:

CALLER: No, it's not. And what's really funny is they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and spout to the media.

RUSH: The phony soldiers.

Earth to moron, the "phony soldiers" are the jack offs that were sprewing lies about Iraq, but were never there.

Reality to brainwashed Ditto-Doper, LimpBoy himself said the "phony soldiers" comment was provoked by the caller's words "soldiers that... spout to the media."
Anyone who isn't brainwashed knows he was referring to the 7 Iraq vets who sent a letter to the editor of the N Y Times which the Times had published.

September 28, 2007
RUSH: After doing that morning update on Wednesday, I got a phone call yesterday from somebody, we were talking about the troops, and this gentleman said something which you'll hear here in just a second, prompting me to reply "yeah, the phony soldiers."

RUSH ARCHIVE:

CALLER: No, it's not. And what's really funny is they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and spout to the media.

Look, the liberal pair of clownshoes knows how to copy and paste from the daily kos along with keeping the name Jesse Macbeth out of his faggoty little rant, oh neat ! .....

September 28, 2007

RUSH ARCHIVE:

Look, the liberal pair of clownshoes knows how to copy and paste from the daily kos along with keeping the name Jesse Macbeth out of his faggoty little rant, oh neat ! .....

Another knee-jerk, programmed accusation without proof. I ALWAYS get my quotes directly from Stuttering LimpBoy's own posted transcripts.

Here's the link to the transcript I used, now you post the link to the daily kos that uses that quote the same way I do!

The Anatomy of a Smear: "Phony Soldiers" Is a Phony Story

Another knee-jerk, programmed accusation without proof. I ALWAYS get my quotes directly from Stuttering LimpBoy's own posted transcripts.

Here's the link to the transcript I used, now you post the link to the daily kos that uses that quote the same way I do!

This has been covered at nauseum, your little copy and paste doesn't prove he was talking about actual soldiers, thank you and drive thru .........

This has been covered at nauseum, your little copy and paste doesn't prove he was talking about actual soldiers, thank you and drive thru .........

Again, for about the 6th time, the mindless drones fail to post any link to what they say I
C & P'ed.
You have NO credibility.

Again, for about the 6th time, the mindless drones fail to post any link to what they say I
C & P'ed.
You have NO credibility.

You're STILL spinning this OLD ass story to fit your retarded ideology. So you're a slow, lying, retarded liberal ideologue with NO credibility, sooper ! :clap2:

Forum List

Back