Limbaugh opens show defending Akin

What I heard Rush say, was what Akin said was stupid, and we don't need stupid out there to defend. The only thing I heard him say in the beginning of his show that sounded like it might be leading to a defense was that Akin is likely one of those who talks with like minded people who spend time reinforcing their concepts so that when they argue they have an untested (except within their own group) pat answer to use.

He was not forgiving and would not tolerate supporting arguments for Akin.

I listened to the entire three hours

Last edited:
Strange the email I got from Rush said "Akin needs to step down for the good of the country."
Obviously that email came after the first 1/2 hour of his show!

And again, you're lying. Limbaugh never said at any point that Akin should stay.
Before the GOP reamed his lying ass he asked "why throw him out" and said he would not tell him what to do. After his ass reaming he said the exact opposite. The link to the transcript has been posted so your lies are obvious.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: I also have, as you well know, a tendency to want to support conservatives who come under fire.* It doesn't happen enough.* You know, the Democrats circle the wagons around their people.* We circle the firing squad.* It's what we do.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: This is why I am hesitant to join the mob that says throw this guy out.* We have a circular firing squad.* Look, folks, I'm well aware of what happened in Missouri.* I'm well aware it was an open primary, a bunch of Democrats went in there and voted for Akin. This is another question people are asking, how did the guy win? The guy won. Why do we want to throw him out?

August 21, 2012
RUSH: Now, a lot of you are gonna think I'm insincere when I say this. I have a real problem sitting here and telling this man that he has to go.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: We circle the firing squad; they circle the wagons.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: I'm a guy on the radio. Who am I to tell this man what to do?

AFTER THE 1/2 HOUR BREAK AND HIS GOP ASS REAMING:

August 21, 2012
RUSH:* Here's the fact, though.* The fact is, folks, that this election's bigger than any single candidate.** It's bigger than any double standard. It's bigger than any debate point that one might try to make and win because this election is about saving the nation.* You know, that point was driven home to me even more so today.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: * But it served to reinforce in me even more the importance of this election; and saving this country is what this election's about, and it is larger than any single candidate.* And this is what Todd Akin needs to consider when he makes his decision.* The calculation must be what is best for America.* He's got to set that aside.* Everybody who is interested in the concept, the objective of saving this country as founded, has got to put every other personal concern aside, and that needs to be number one, particularly people in politics.*
We just cannot lose this November.* And in addition to not losing the presidential race, we must take the Senate.* We must hold the House.* We must win the White House.* These things must happen.* There is no question about it.* This is what Todd Akin needs to understand.* And that's what he needs to president foremost in his mind.* What I think Mr. Akin should try to realize here as he makes his decision is that all of these things that he truly cares about will be much easier to make happen if we win the Senate and the White House and hold the House this November.* He must put the nation and its future ahead of everything else that he's considering.* And I hope he comes to the right conclusion.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: This is crucial.* And Todd Akin has got to realize that whatever he thinks is the number one thing he should fight for here above all -- and above anything that's personal to any one person -- is saving this country. And that means winning the Senate and winning the election against Obama.
That's what he has to realize, and I hope he makes the right decision.
August 21, 2012
RUSH: I know exactly what he was trying to say. But frankly I'm tired of stupidity in politics. I'm tired of it! I'm tired of being smarter than the leaders in this country. I want people I can look up to, not people that embarrass me. In both parties. I'm sick and tired of being smarter than all these people.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: And, Bobby, I hear what you're saying. You don't want to run around and defend stupidity. What's in it for anybody to defend stupidity? "Well, Rush, didn't you do that?" No. I know what he was trying to say. I know what's in the guy's heart. But, I'm sorry, if he can't 'splain it, then get out!

Last edited:
And again, you're doing nothing more than pulling something out of your ass when you claim the GOP called him during the break.

Stop making shit up, Limbaugh never said he should stay in.

It was a good three hours today. I guess total context is everything. I never got the impression that Rush wanted him to stay, and the circular firing squad allegory didn't provide any support to Akin. I was glad that he did not pull the rug out from under him in the first few minutes; first he reestablished his usual credentials regarding how the repubs eat their own after a circular firing squad, while the dems unfailingly circle the wagons. His position statement was a continuum; there was no discontinuity.

That's just how he sounded to an audience member of 16 years who finds plenty of fault in Rush Limbaugh.

This was a day old issue. Yesterday I heard Akin being interviewed by Sean Hannity, and Akin was not able to defend himself very ably or artfully. He sounded like a real dumbass. Sean tried to persuade him to quit the contest.

think that interview by Hannity fed Rush's comment about not wanting to have to defend people who can't defend themselves, that he wants leaders who are more competent than those they propose to lead.

Last edited:
Obviously that email came after the first 1/2 hour of his show!

And again, you're lying. Limbaugh never said at any point that Akin should stay.
Before the GOP reamed his lying ass he asked "why throw him out" and said he would not tell him what to do. After his ass reaming he said the exact opposite. The link to the transcript has been posted so your lies are obvious.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: I also have, as you well know, a tendency to want to support conservatives who come under fire.* It doesn't happen enough.* You know, the Democrats circle the wagons around their people.* We circle the firing squad.* It's what we do.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: This is why I am hesitant to join the mob that says throw this guy out.* We have a circular firing squad.* Look, folks, I'm well aware of what happened in Missouri.* I'm well aware it was an open primary, a bunch of Democrats went in there and voted for Akin. This is another question people are asking, how did the guy win? The guy won. Why do we want to throw him out?

August 21, 2012
RUSH: Now, a lot of you are gonna think I'm insincere when I say this. I have a real problem sitting here and telling this man that he has to go.

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012
RUSH:* Here's the fact, though.* The fact is, folks, that this election's bigger than any single candidate.** It's bigger than any double standard. It's bigger than any debate point that one might try to make and win because this election is about saving the nation.* You know, that point was driven home to me even more so today.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: * But it served to reinforce in me even more the importance of this election; and saving this country is what this election's about, and it is larger than any single candidate.* And this is what Todd Akin needs to consider when he makes his decision.* The calculation must be what is best for America.* He's got to set that aside.* Everybody who is interested in the concept, the objective of saving this country as founded, has got to put every other personal concern aside, and that needs to be number one, particularly people in politics.*
We just cannot lose this November.* And in addition to not losing the presidential race, we must take the Senate.* We must hold the House.* We must win the White House.* These things must happen.* There is no question about it.* This is what Todd Akin needs to understand.* And that's what he needs to president foremost in his mind.* What I think Mr. Akin should try to realize here as he makes his decision is that all of these things that he truly cares about will be much easier to make happen if we win the Senate and the White House and hold the House this November.* He must put the nation and its future ahead of everything else that he's considering.* And I hope he comes to the right conclusion.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: This is crucial.* And Todd Akin has got to realize that whatever he thinks is the number one thing he should fight for here above all -- and above anything that's personal to any one person -- is saving this country. And that means winning the Senate and winning the election against Obama.
August 21, 2012
RUSH: I know exactly what he was trying to say. But frankly I'm tired of stupidity in politics. I'm tired of it! I'm tired of being smarter than the leaders in this country. I want people I can look up to, not people that embarrass me. In both parties. I'm sick and tired of being smarter than all these people.

August 21, 2012
RUSH: And, Bobby, I hear what you're saying. You don't want to run around and defend stupidity. What's in it for anybody to defend stupidity? "Well, Rush, didn't you do that?" No. I know what he was trying to say. I know what's in the guy's heart. But, I'm sorry, if he can't 'splain it, then get out!
It's gotten even better today, several times today the pathological liar has denied ever telling Akin to go.

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012
August 21, 2012

August 21, 2012
It's gotten even better today, several times today the pathological liar has denied ever telling Akin to go.

I see where you're coming from, Ed...sincerely, but Rush was just saying how he felt about the issue. But, he never said that he shouldn't go.

Liberals are full of shit.

Some claim Rush supported Akin and others said Rush forced Romney to come out against Akin.

These talk out both assholes they have....

Liberals are full of shit.

Some claim Rush supported Akin and others said Rush forced Romney to come out against Akin.

These talk out both assholes they have....

I know, it's hilarious! I guess some just projected what they wanted to hear.

Forum List

Back