Limbaugh on Sotomeyer's "Reversal Rate"

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
In a tirade against Sonia Sotomeyer yesterday, Limbaugh said, among other things: "She has been overturned 80 percent by the Supreme Court, she may as well be on the Ninth Circus Court of Appeals given all the time she's overturned."

An 80% reversal rate? On CNN yesterday, her reversal rate was quoted as 3 cases in over 300 of her decisions.

Perhaps Al Franken was right.

Do left wing bloggers who write about nothing but Rush Limbaugh talking about Obama count towards Obama's job creation numbers?

In a tirade against Sonia Sotomeyer yesterday, Limbaugh said, among other things: "She has been overturned 80 percent by the Supreme Court, she may as well be on the Ninth Circus Court of Appeals given all the time she's overturned."

An 80% reversal rate? On CNN yesterday, her reversal rate was quoted as 3 cases in over 300 of her decisions.

Funny, I just heard that she's been overturned less than 1% of the time.

According to The Washington Times, three of the five majority opinions written by Sotomayor and reviewed by SCOTUS were reversed. 60%. So, the percentage is derived only from the number of cases reviewed, not the total in which she wrote the majority opinion. This number is likely to go up next month when SCOTUS rules on the Ricci v. DeStefano, which is currently pending.

She has written 380 majority opinions in 11 years.

I'd be more inclined to believe CNN is lying or (per usual) burying the truth. Or just getting it wrong.

I'm just glad that Rush isn't a racist like Sotomayor is.:lol::lol::lol:

The quote they use to call her a racist is so close to what Alito said at his confirmation, that it is scary. Scary that a white guy can say it and get away with it, but a female hispanic is a bigot if she say that.

Plus, the RNC uses the quote without putting all the context in place. Wow! when did they start doing that?

I guess next time, Obama should ask the RNC who they want to be nominated to the SCOTUS.:cuckoo:

5652.strip.gif

So ol' Limp Rushbaugh doesn't like President Obama's pick for the Supreme Court. Imagine that! That, of course, has to be a plus for the Lady's reputation.

The quote they use to call her a racist is so close to what Alito said at his confirmation, that it is scary. Scary that a white guy can say it and get away with it, but a female hispanic is a bigot if she say that.

Plus, the RNC uses the quote without putting all the context in place. Wow! when did they start doing that?

I guess next time, Obama should ask the RNC who they want to be nominated to the SCOTUS.:cuckoo:

Easy does it Gayboy, she is a Catholic, she won't support your right to marry either! :eusa_whistle:

Easy does it Gayboy, she is a Catholic, she won't support your right to marry either! :eusa_whistle:

I don't know. Kerry did.

I'd be more inclined to believe CNN is lying or (per usual) burying the truth. Or just getting it wrong.

Of course you would think that. And, as usual, you would be incorrect.

Of course you would think that. And, as usual, you would be incorrect.
You'd prefer to believe the obese drug addicted wingnut, Limbaugh.

What a character he is, that he can say the things he does with such seriousness boggles reality. And that some listen and believe is genuinely scary.

I feel the same way about Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy and Al Sharpton.

Well WJ, let's not forget their leader and messiah, who can blow hot gas and make it sound so profound the liberals get tingles up their legs, barry seotoro.

Forum List

Back