Limbaugh: Obama Wouldn’t Have Been Elected If He Weren’t Black

Sure ..

"The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well." -- Rush Limpbaugh

You see McNabb being a successful quarterback had nothing at all to do with his abilities.

That was all due to him being black.

Likewise, Obama being the president has nothing to do with his abilities .. it's only because he's black.

We've heard this song before.

Rush might be correct. If things had been different, they wouldn't be the same. I know casting a vote for a black man for POTUS was one of the joys of my life, one I never expected to have.

So what?

McCain & plain Palin lost because they are ignorant white people.

Sure ..

"The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well." -- Rush Limpbaugh

You see McNabb being a successful quarterback had nothing at all to do with his abilities.

Likewise, Obama being the president has nothing to do with his abilities .. it's only because he's black.

It was a contributing, not a sole, factor in why many apathetic voters decided to cast their vote for him. It's not a negative.

Rush might be correct. If things had been different, they wouldn't be the same. I know casting a vote for a black man for POTUS was one of the joys of my life, one I never expected to have.

So what?

McCain & plain Palin lost because they are ignorant white people.

I'm a lifelong Republican, and I was quite pleased to support McCain until I got to see Palin in action. I would never have considered voting Democrat if Palin hadn't driven me to it.

Still, when I got there it was a moment of transcendent joy to vote for a black candidate. I'm not going to deny that.

I still ask, so what?

The country was ready for a black president (just not this one), and we didn't have much of a choice of candidates. We need a third party.

Last edited:
Sure ..

It was a contributing, not a sole, factor in why many apathetic voters decided to cast their vote for him. It's not a negative.

I agree with that.

But it was also a contributing factor why many did not vote for him.

How can anyone quantify the difference?

Last edited:

Rush is right. Blacks voted for Obama because he is black just as many liberals voted for Obama because he is black.. it was the cool thing to do.

PERIOD. Get over it. The man's as unqualified as they get, and not really all that smart either. There's no other explanation.

A lot of Americans voted for Obama because he's black. Lots of us got carried away with the color and forgot about the policies.

I am glad we have a black President - I just wish we had a good black President.

The country was ready for a black president (just not this one), and we didn't have much of a choice of candidates. We need a third party.

I disagree. The Republicans basically allowed the Dems to dictate their candidate. That's how we got McCain. Remember how he was the moderate, the Maverick, etc.? How smart the Repubs would be to nominate him? Then they did, and the left savaged him. McCain was a horrible choice. But I voted for him. I had to hold my nose, but I did it.

Sure ..

I agree with that.

But it was also a contributing factor why many did not vote for him.

How can anyone quantify the difference?

Obama certainly motivated some apathetic bigots to the polls, but no where near the number of people he excited and inspired. The far left and the far right were going to vote for which ever candidate their party nominated. The Independents, along with the record number of black voter turnout, is why Obama won.

Rush is right. Blacks voted for Obama because he is black just as many liberals voted for Obama because he is black.. it was the cool thing to do.

PERIOD. Get over it. The man's as unqualified as they get, and not really all that smart either. There's no other explanation.

A lot of Americans voted for Obama because he's black. Lots of us got carried away with the color and forgot about the policies.

I am glad we have a black President - I just wish we had a good black President.

Horse rubbish and you know it, the people voted for Obama because they were tired and frustrated at 8 years of Bush and thought electing McCain would be more of the same, if it was because he was black this country would have had a black president a long time ago.

Newsflash: Rush said something stupid.
Another newsflash: The sun rose in the east today.

I doubt that most people who made his race a factor would have voted for a Republican anyways.

The country was so pissed off at the Republicans, they voted for a black, northern, liberal with a funny sounding name as President. THAT'S why they voted for Obama.

Last edited:
Alot of white people feel good when they see a black person doing well, it is proof to them that they are raising blacks correctly.

Last edited:

Horse rubbish and you know it, the people voted for Obama because they were tired and frustrated at 8 years of Bush and thought electing McCain would be more of the same, if it was because he was black this country would have had a black president a long time ago.

You just admitted his election had nothing to do with his qualifications. Anyway, when was the last time there was a black candidate? Oh, never. So it wouldn't have happened before.

I hope you feel better.. the truth truly will set you free.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back