Limbaugh Lower Now

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Interesting read on the current Republican party dilemna. Best read from the beginning, not just the quote below.

Talk radio is the only medium that conservatives dominate in America. Is it really shrewd for conservatives to begin their political exile by attacking the leading figure in that world? To ask is to answer.

Limbaugh and his conservative critics have more in common than they think. The political import of the last two weeks of Limbaugh-mania is this: The Republicans' decline is now entering a phase in which its members are more emotionally invested in attacking each other than in attacking Obama. As long as that holds true, the White House can safely ignore the opposition, no matter how loud it gets.

Why Rush Limbaugh Is Good for the Republicans

Yes, that is a petetrating analysis of the Rush v RNC flap, I agree.

However, I do NOT think that the liberals will EVER come up with the equivalent to Rush.

About as close to Rush as the Liberals can get is NPR, and the liberal dish they serve up is wildly different than the pap that Rush's listeners seem to think so delicious.

Air America is failing because liberals do NOT think in the same way (forget content, I mean HOW they think, not WHAT they think) as most conservatives.

Umm, I thought the MSM declared Rush irrelevant when McCain won the nomination? Yeah they did.

Interesting read on the current Republican party dilemna. Best read from the beginning, not just the quote below.

Talk radio is the only medium that conservatives dominate in America. Is it really shrewd for conservatives to begin their political exile by attacking the leading figure in that world? To ask is to answer.

Limbaugh and his conservative critics have more in common than they think. The political import of the last two weeks of Limbaugh-mania is this: The Republicans' decline is now entering a phase in which its members are more emotionally invested in attacking each other than in attacking Obama. As long as that holds true, the White House can safely ignore the opposition, no matter how loud it gets.

There are two factions to the Republican party; there always has been. Those factions come together when the opposing view (Democratic) moves too far to the left. The last election was an exception as many Republicans, from both factions, were just plain upset with the past administration. There was no cohesiveness within the party. Also, because there are more Democrats than Republicans, the Republicans rely on the Independents. Those Independents move back and forth between parties based on which way the wind is blowing. As with many Republicans in the last election, Independents were so upset with the last administration that they switched sides.

Everyone acts as if Conservatism and the Republican Party is dead. It is far from dead. Obama won with 53% of the vote. Yes, it was a big win in the electoral college, but the fact remains that if 4% of voters had switched sides, Obama would not have won. 4% is not a lot. Unless Obama and the Dems perform miracles, it is very likely that by 2012, that 4% will move back to the right.

There are two factions to the Republican party; there always has been. Those factions come together when the opposing view (Democratic) moves too far to the left. The last election was an exception as many Republicans, from both factions, were just plain upset with the past administration. There was no cohesiveness within the party. Also, because there are more Democrats than Republicans, the Republicans rely on the Independents. Those Independents move back and forth between parties based on which way the wind is blowing. As with many Republicans in the last election, Independents were so upset with the last administration that they switched sides.

Everyone acts as if Conservatism and the Republican Party is dead. It is far from dead. Obama won with 53% of the vote. Yes, it was a big win in the electoral college, but the fact remains that if 4% of voters had switched sides, Obama would not have won. 4% is not a lot. Unless Obama and the Dems perform miracles, it is very likely that by 2012, that 4% will move back to the right.

Agreed.

If the economy doesn't begin to show a glimmer of recovery, then the Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2010.

And if the Republicans have the same luck, then BOTH parties (one hopes) are BOTH going to get slaughtered in 2014.

The American people are getting fed up with BOTH parties, that much is obvious.

And the good cop bad cop game can ONLY work as long as enough SOMEBODIES benefits from it, too.

NOW, as millions of formerly employed people are discovering that neither party is willing to stop playing games long enough to actually FIX things, well..

frankly I don't know WHAT happens when we lose faith in both parties, but I doubt it will be good.

I just want to take this opportunity to point out that the media is not liberal. If it were, where is our version of Rush?

Randi Rhodes is the closest thing we have, and the Corporate Radio Station she works for fired her.

And don't tell us Chris Matthews is liberal, because he sucks, and we don't want him.

So basically, Corporate Right Wing Republicans pick who we get to listen to. And they pick what those "celebrities" get to talk about on the air.

And every "liberal" political show always seems to have on a guest like Rove, Delay, Newt or Pat Buchanan on, so the Republicans always get their say, even on liberal shows.

Agreed.

If the economy doesn't begin to show a glimmer of recovery, then the Dems are going to get slaughtered in 2010.

And if the Republicans have the same luck, then BOTH parties (one hopes) are BOTH going to get slaughtered in 2014.

And the good cop bad cop game can ONLY work as long as enough SOMEBODIES benefits from it, too.

NOW, as millions of formerly employed people are discovering that neither party is willing to stop playing games long enough to actually FIX things, well..

frankly I don't know WHAT happens when we lose faith in both parties, but I doubt it will be good.

Who's losing faith in the Democratic party? You? The right wingers on these boards?

Please tell me who had faith and now has lost that faith.

I want to go back and read their past posts and see if they ever really had faith to begin with.

I just want to take this opportunity to point out that the media is not liberal. If it were, where is our version of Rush?

Randi Rhodes is the closest thing we have, and the Corporate Radio Station she works for fired her.

And don't tell us Chris Matthews is liberal, because he sucks, and we don't want him.

So basically, Corporate Right Wing Republicans pick who we get to listen to. And they pick what those "celebrities" get to talk about on the air.

And every "liberal" political show always seems to have on a guest like Rove, Delay, Newt or Pat Buchanan on, so the Republicans always get their say, even on liberal shows.

where is your equivilant to Rush you ask? why dear that would be bobble necked maddow and olberman throws paper breaks glass on MSNBC what a bunch of crybabies.. jeez

where is your equivilant to Rush you ask? why dear that would be bobble necked maddow and olberman throws paper breaks glass on MSNBC what a bunch of crybabies.. jeez

They might be the counter to the guys on Fox News, but who is our radio version of Rush?

We don't get one. That's because the media has been purchased and taken over by the Republican party.

And when you give us a token spokesman, it's a pussy like Ed Schultz or Bill Press.

Randi Rhodes beat Rush in head to head markets.

Ah, explaining it to you is like explaining why your cooter is so full of yeast. Why bother explaining when its not going to change anything.

You should have a glass belly button, so when your head is so far up your behind you can see what the rest of us are doing.

Liberal media is all you can find in the main stream. No right-wingers pick your radio, only listenership does that.

Left-wing Liberals:

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Edward R. Murrow, Ted Koppel, Andy Rooney, Leslie Stahl, George Stephanopoulos, Mike Wallace, Barbara Walters, Ed Bradley, Campbell Brown, Jack Cafferty, Walter Cronkite, Jim Lehrer, Roger Grimsby, Soledad O’Brien, Keith Olbermann, Cokie Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Bob Schieffer, Paula Zahn, Sam Donaldson, Brian Williams, Judy Woodruff, David Shuster, Bernard Shaw, Jessica Savitch, Harry Reasoner, Sally Quinn, Gwen Ifill, Douglas Kiker, Charles Kuralt, Roger Mudd, Robert MacNeil, Charles Osgood, Douglas Edwards, John Chancellor, Charles Gibson, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Ann Curry, Marvin Kalb, Bryant Gimbel, Andrea Mitchell, Jeanne Moos, Bill Schneider, Daniel Schoor, Richard Threlkeld, Jake Tapper, Ann Compton, Lester Holt, Michael Beschloss.

Can I see a similar list of Conservatives?

Air America is failing because liberals do NOT think ...

*Edited to maximize relevance and amplify cogency...

The member also spoke to NPR; concluding that NPR was as close to Rush Limbaugh as the left will ever get. What she failed to recognize is that without government subsidizing NPR, it would have long ago faded into the history of failed leftist attempts to attract an audience by spewing anti-American absurdity.

Interesting read, but what did you mean by 'Limbaugh Lower Now'?

There is absolutely no potential correlation. He lied in the Subject as a means to gain attention. The fact is that Limbaugh's ratings are at all time highs... in the last arbirton cycle his audience grew by 35% over the usual 21 million weekly listeners.

Agreed.

ROFLMNAO... Whatta load. The economy isn't going anywhere, when the leftist policy kicks in, it's going to get worse... Dems are going to get LAUNCHED in '10 and Hussein is destined to one term, if he manages to get that far... It's entirely possible that the catastrophic effects of his policies will result in his impeachment after 2010, when the Congress returns to American control...

You should have a glass belly button, so when your head is so far up your behind you can see what the rest of us are doing.

Liberal media is all you can find in the main stream. No right-wingers pick your radio, only listenership does that.

Left-wing Liberals:

Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Edward R. Murrow, Ted Koppel, Andy Rooney, Leslie Stahl, George Stephanopoulos, Mike Wallace, Barbara Walters, Ed Bradley, Campbell Brown, Jack Cafferty, Walter Cronkite, Jim Lehrer, Roger Grimsby, Soledad O’Brien, Keith Olbermann, Cokie Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Bob Schieffer, Paula Zahn, Sam Donaldson, Brian Williams, Judy Woodruff, David Shuster, Bernard Shaw, Jessica Savitch, Harry Reasoner, Sally Quinn, Gwen Ifill, Douglas Kiker, Charles Kuralt, Roger Mudd, Robert MacNeil, Charles Osgood, Douglas Edwards, John Chancellor, Charles Gibson, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Ann Curry, Marvin Kalb, Bryant Gimbel, Andrea Mitchell, Jeanne Moos, Bill Schneider, Daniel Schoor, Richard Threlkeld, Jake Tapper, Ann Compton, Lester Holt, Michael Beschloss.

These are mainstream media types. Certainly not liberal.

Do you even watch George Stephanopoulos' show? What is liberal about it?

Tell me something left wing that Anderson Cooper said recently.

I don't even know who half of these people are, and I watch everything.

So I'm a flaming liberal and I can't even agree on one of your choices.

You think centrists are liberals. This is great!!!

I don't get a right wing or left wing slant from ABC, CBS or NBC. You might, but that's because you are a wacko.

But I can tell you that if George Stephanopolous has guests on, they never put 2 liberals on with 1 conservative, or 2 on 2. It's always 2 conservatives against one liberal. Watch and see if that isn't true.

And Chris Matthews had Tom Delay on. Tom was going on and on and Chris never agued back. If you consider him one of our spokesman, you can have him back.

Now your list is debatable, but my list is not:

The radio trade magazine Talkers has released its annual "Heavy Hundred" list of the top talk hosts, and probably the easiest two selections were No. 1 and No. 2: Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Limbaugh and Hannity, who are also the country's two most popular talk hosts, run back-to-back daily, noon-3 p.m. and 3-6 p.m. respectively, on their flagship station WABC (770 AM).

WABC also carries Talkers' No. 6 host, Laura Ingraham, and its No. 7 host, morning man Imus.

Coming in at No. 3 is the hot Michael Savage, heard locally on WOR (710 AM), followed at No. 4 by Dr. Laura Schlessinger, who is heard on WMCA (570 AM) and WWDJ (970 AM).

The rest of the top 10 are not currently on major stations around here: Glenn Beck at No. 5, Ed Schultz at No. 8, Mike Gallagher at No. 9 and Neal Boortz at No. 10.

Schultz is the only progressive in the top 10.

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity still rule in the talk radio game

And Ed Schultz is a pussy! Forgive me Ed, but you never talk about anything controvercial. You are controlled by the man, just like Rachel Maddow is.

I love both of them, but if Randi Rhodes was ever given a chance, she'd beat them all, including Rush.

And the best time for Randi is over. Rush's popularity soared when Clinton was in office. I suspect his numbers are up now that Obama is the Pres too.

And Randi Rhodes show was amazing the last few years. Too bad Clearchannel didn't want her message getting out so they limited the markets she could be in.

She exposed all of the GOP corruption, even when the mainstream media was not.

So you can list 100 people named Tom Brokaw or Katie Couric. Where were they on WMD's? They said nothing? Then they are not liberal.

They are mainstream/corporate media.

Now we are finding out she was right, because we finally have US attorneys who are not doing the White House's bidding.

Left-wing Liberals:

2 of the first 5 people you listed are dead.

In Murrow's case LONG dead.

Left-wing Liberals:

Can you show me that Rather, Couric, Brokaw or Jennings, or Koppel or Rooney are considered liberals?

Forum List

Back