Limbaugh: GOP Establishment doesn't want a conservative to win

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Limbaugh: GOP Establishment "Does Not Want A Conservative Getting The Nomination" | RealClearPolitics

RUSH LIMBAUGH: My friends, do not doubt me. I know this is going to shock many of you, and maybe disappoint a lot of you. But when you talk about the Republican establishment -- and you've read their pieces today -- you know what I'm talking about: The columnists, the magazine directors, editors, publishers, whatever, they are reaching and searching for a counter to the conservatives. They don't want Herman Cain getting the nomination; they don't want Perry getting the nomination; they don't want Bachmann getting the nomination. The Republican establishment does not want a conservative getting the nomination. If Chris Christie can come along, catch fire, see to it that Palin, Bachmann -- Palin not in, she might get in, who knows, doubt it, but still too soon to say -- if they can co-opt any conservative getting the nomination, they will do it.

Nothing's changed. "But, Rush, but, Rush, Christie's a big conservative." I will reserve my comments for later on in the program. I'll just give you one little hint. I heard a lot of John McCain in that speech. Well, maybe not a lot, but I heard enough to send up a red flag or two.

Limbaugh's target here is obviously Christie, but I notice he doesn't talk about Romney at all.

I think he might be between a rock and a hard place on that one, because he broke his own rule in 2008 and endorsed Romney over McCain and Huckabee (and the guy still came in third place.)

Forum List

Back