Limbaugh fires back at Colin Powell comments

I think what's happening to the republican party these days is great. I'm old enough to remember what the party USED to be like, and I watched it change into a more liberal party of big government and more spending. They became much like the demotwats. Now the party is stinging from it's recent defeats and it's asking it's base what they want, and what they're hearing is that their base wants them to get back to what the republican party USED to stand for... LESS TAXES, LESS SPENDING, PRO MILITARY, PRO GUN, ANTI ABORTION, PRO ENGLISH, SMALLER GOVERNMENT, ETC., and that RINO powell should just get the hell out and continue the purging of RINO's and liberals OUT of the republican party, and he can take mccain with him. I might even reregister republican if they actually get back to what they used to stand for. That IS what ALL conservatives are hoping for.

By God, I hope you get your wish. I would welcome General Powell, Snow, Collins, and other sane Republicans into the Democratic Party. Then you wingnuts can just make yourself some tin hats and make a showing every election, getting about the same number of votes as the Communist Party of the US. And for exactly the same reasons.

I was watching Chris Matthews the other evening and he had a republican - wish I remembered his name - on and Matthews was asking him the tough questions about evolution, science, stem cell, global warming etc and it was fascinating from the perspective that the 'republican' could only answer along party lines. He seemed unable and hesitant to step outside a set of ideas that he may not even believe in. Republicans have become so ideologically fixed they are not only unable to govern, as Bush proved, but they are unable to be honest even with themselves.

This is exactly why they will not win in 2010. They have become a set of goosestepping conformists. No new ideas allowed.

I was watching Chris Matthews the other evening and he had a republican - wish I remembered his name - on and Matthews was asking him the tough questions about evolution, science, stem cell, global warming etc and it was fascinating from the perspective that the 'republican' could only answer along party lines. He seemed unable and hesitant to step outside a set of ideas that he may not even believe in. Republicans have become so ideologically fixed they are not only unable to govern, as Bush proved, but they are unable to be honest even with themselves.

that is laughable as hell, there is not a democwat in congress, washington, tv radio or blogs that deviate one iota for the prescribed dose of kool aid,, you march lock step and spew verbatim! well,, there is biden,, but i'm sure he gets his mouth washed out with soap routinely..

Bullshit. The statement, "I don't belong to an organized political party, I am a Democrat still applies. Democrats are all over the board on gun control, abortion, and many other issues. And, like Republicans, many are in the pay of large corperations and support their interests over that of American Citizens.

I saw that interview and he said that he believed in intelligent design but he also believed in the science of evolution. It's okay to say that you believe something. It's idiotic to say that you believe something that the evidence refutes. And I think it was ok that he said that he believed that evolution was God's creation and he would ask Him how He dd it when he sees Him. But he choked on the question about man evolving from apes. With that being said, I understand how Powell may feel. He understands that some of the policies during the Bush administration were wrong. He would be an idiot to still support those policies blindly just to have an R behind his name. Anyone that supports every Republican, Democratic, liberal, or conservative principle is an idiot. There is always evidence to refute every one of them.

tancredo was the schmuck who was unable to reconcile his positions

and the bold emphasis was added to the portion of your statement now addressed. you aver that to follow a principle defines one as an idiot. think about it. you have thus advocated for people to form beliefs and to take actions without principle. that does not make sense ... at least in my own world view. there are sound conservative, liberal, republican, demo, independent, libertarian, religious, and secular principles. doesn't the heavy lifting actually involve examining those principles and deciding which make sense and which do not, to form the basis of one's beliefs and actions?

Not a principle, their specific lists of principles. To be a republican means that you have to believe all of their principles because if you don't...see above posts concerning Mr. Powell. How can a true republican adopt a democratic principle?

no it doesn't immie....the dems have their political pundits who say worse things than rush but doesn't seem to hurt their reputation...and you don't hear dems calling for their pundits to shut up.

rush has every right to speak...

and if colin powell is such a great republican, why did he endorse obama?

Because, before Colin Powell is a Republican, he is an American and a patriot.

Sure. Now that he is singing to your tune he is a "patriot". How very transparent libs are. Why... just a few years ago you all were in lockstep trashing him as being a "house slave" and calling him every name in the book . :lol:

no it doesn't immie....the dems have their political pundits who say worse things than rush but doesn't seem to hurt their reputation...and you don't hear dems calling for their pundits to shut up.

rush has every right to speak...

and if colin powell is such a great republican, why did he endorse obama?

Sure. Now that he is singing to your tune he is a "patriot". How very transparent libs are. Why... just a few years ago you all were in lockstep trashing him as being a "house slave" and calling him every name in the book . :lol:

Uncle Tom and House *N* is what I remember them calling him... must have hurt his feelings.. they sure taught him a lesson didn't they? the little dishonest turds.

Uncle Tom and House *N* is what I remember them calling him... must have hurt his feelings.. they sure taught him a lesson didn't they? the little dishonest turds.

And you keep bringing that up because you just love to call him that too?

saying rush is the boss is like saying rachel maddow is the boss

i guess the libs don't realize that their efforts to smear rush backfired on them....

librals don't give a shit about truth! the run and hide from truth! it's all search and destroy these days!

You can't pass Stuttering LimpBoy off as a Liberal!!!

January 19, 2009
RUSH: I don't see groups of people.

April 8, 2008
RUSH: Any person or organization who is not conservative by definition will be a liberal.

February 28, 2009
RUSH: Let me tell you who we conservatives are: ... We don't see groups.

December 15, 2008
RUSH: These guys are Washingtonians. And what is a Washingtonian? Who are these people? Ladies and gentlemen, they have driven this economy into the toilet. Washingtonians are tone deaf in terms of how you and I actually live and the things that matter and are important to us. Washingtonians are grabbing as much power for themselves right now as possible.

General Powell says we need to reach out to Hispanic, blacks, and Asians. Well, how do we do that? What kind of message does he suggest? I never hear the how to do it. I just hear we need to do it. And in my mind, we already have the blueprint for how to do it. We have done it successfully. We abandoned the blueprint. It's called individual freedom, liberty, and not seeing them as Hispanics and not seeing them as Asians and not seeing them as blacks or minorities but rather seeing them as Americans, human beings. Liberals look at people and groupify them and then think of them with contempt.

General Powell has no vision. He is not in touch with the public in any meaningful way. He's a Washingtonian.

"I think what Rush does as an entertainer diminishes the party and intrudes or inserts into our public life a kind of nastiness that we would be better to do without," Powell said.

Didn't Michelle Obama already accuse the U.S. of that?

I don't recall, maybe.

saying rush is the boss is like saying rachel maddow is the boss

i guess the libs don't realize that their efforts to smear rush backfired on them....

librals don't give a shit about truth! the run and hide from truth! it's all search and destroy these days!

You can't pass Stuttering LimpBoy off as a Liberal!!!

Damn! Too bad. If I could it might not make me feel like such a heel for believing in conservative principles.

Immie

What message board have you been reading? No one from the Democrat side has ever had anything but respect for Powell. He would be President now if he had run, even as a Republican.

It has been the GOP who trashed him and had him travel to the UN to lie for the Bush administration. Powell is a man of honor, whether he is a Republican or Democrat. Bush and Cheney would have done themselves a huge favor if they had listened to him.

And you keep bringing that up because you just love to call him that too?

too bad dodo,, your side doesn't have a leg to stand on..

What message board have you been reading? No one from the Democrat side has ever had anything but respect for Powell. He would be President now if he had run, even as a Republican.

It has been the GOP who trashed him and had him travel to the UN to lie for the Bush administration. Powell is a man of honor, whether he is a Republican or Democrat. Bush and Cheney would have done themselves a huge favor if they had listened to him.

good lord, do you deny powell was called a house slave? aren't you the guy who claims mccain supported waterboarding....

next

Forum List

Back