Limbaugh defends AIG bonuses

Rush has become a multi-millionaire off of dedication of hate mongers. If he is representing the GOP, they are in big trouble.

Rush has become a multi-millionaire off of dedication of hate mongers. If he is representing the GOP, they are in big trouble.

You posted, you sent me to links. Now you want to disavow? Well since you sent all of us, what exactly did you disagree with. Easy enough to copy and paste.

We will see Jim, but do not kid yourself, Giethner the President's tax cheat knew all along about these bonuses, he was the one who wrote it up. There is nothing more hypocritical than our government raking these CEO's over the coals when they themselves engage in the same deception of the American people. $100 a pound steak dinners, Pelosi flying all over the world in Air force jets, that's our money that pays for that. Don't forget it was the Fair Housing Act that was passed in 1991 by the Clinton administration that got us into this mess. Loaning money for home ownership to people who had no job, no down payment, no credit and no intention of paying it back. Our government pressured banks to do this through their legislation.

We will see Jim, but do not kid yourself, Giethner the President's tax cheat knew all along about these bonuses, he was the one who wrote it up. There is nothing more hypocritical than our government raking these CEO's over the coals when they themselves engage in the same deception of the American people. $100 a pound steak dinners, Pelosi flying all over the world in Air force jets, that's our money that pays for that. Don't forget it was the Fair Housing Act that was passed in 1991 by the Clinton administration that got us into this mess. Loaning money for home ownership to people who had no job, no down payment, no credit and no intention of paying it back. Our government pressured banks to do this through their legislation.

Sorry, I must be in the wrong room. I didn't see the sign that read <25 IQ.

it's okay, you're ready to move up

there is no problem with the bonuses. its just a ploy to divert attention from bigger issues. why talk about the quadrillion dollar unregulated derivatives market waiting to explode when you can talk about a few million dollars worth of bonuses day after day.

the media has a way of always coming up with some bullshit to keep the public occupied. while we were killing a million Iraqis they were examining murder case of Lacy Peterson or whoever the **** she was.

now they're doing this again with the bonuses.

Not being a big Rush listener, much less a follower, read you links to him. What was wrong? Maybe I should ignore the hyperbole he spews and listen more to what he says, if this is any indication...
Here's the text from the trascription:
"The Real Problem Here is the Government
The political solution -- bailouts for Democrat-connected firms -- is not working, just as the Frank- Dodd- Clinton solution to force banks to give people houses didn't work. It caused this mess!"

"The government gives this money to AIG, which uses a smidgen for bonuses, and then the government acts like innocent bystanders. 'How dare AIG subvert our values!' They're subverted when we bail out companies that are failing and should be allowed to." -Rush Limbaugh

Thanks Jim, I would never have found that on my own.

there is no problem with the bonuses. its just a ploy to divert attention from bigger issues.
The problem is, they LIED about it. Lied about who, when and where. Lied about why. I give them credit now at least, for fessing up.

The bonuses were a contractual obligation of AIG. I believe Geithner and Dodd were smart to include an amendment expressly allowing them. Because it's alot cheaper to pay them then defend 100s of breach of contract lawsuits. They messed up by trying to cover up what actually happened and who did it, initially.

It's a gaffe, all Presidencies have them. But now, the House is trying to take away the bonuses, through targeted punitive taxation. That's abuse of power and it's unconstitutional.

what did maple post that isn't true.....

Well the fact that it's in a contract means that those bonuses should be defended, because we should always defend contracts. The fact that those contracts were paid with taxpayer money is not AIG's fault, it's the government's fault. Along with the other trillions of dollars that they've wasted. If you want to be up in arms about somebody stealing our money look no further than Congress and the White House.

It's a gaffe, all Presidencies have them. But now, the House is trying to take away the bonuses, through targeted punitive taxation. That's abuse of power and it's unconstitutional.

And David Boies agreed with you on that just tonight on Hannity; he said that a bill to tax just these individiuals was illegal, that it would only work if it also included others who were not involved in that specific problem. He said it would be best if the Federal Government simply went after them for current law violations.

Well the fact that it's in a contract means that those bonuses should be defended, because we should always defend contracts. The fact that those contracts were paid with taxpayer money is not AIG's fault, it's the government's fault. Along with the other trillions of dollars that they've wasted. If you want to be up in arms about somebody stealing our money look no further than Congress and the White House.

Cmon Kev----you're not falling for the Government fingerpointing ? :lol:

Forum List

Back