Limbaugh Dares Obama: 'Debate Me'

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
"I am offering President Obama to come on this program -- without staffers, without a TelePrompTer, without note cards -- to debate me on the issues. Let's talk about free markets versus government control. Let's talk about nationalizing health care and raising taxes on small business...

"Let's talk about the New Deal versus Reaganomics,'' Limbaugh said today. "Let's talk about closing Guantanamo Bay, and let's talk about sending $900 million to Hamas. Let's talk about illegal immigration and the lawlessness on the borders. Let's talk about massive deficits and the destroying of opportunities of future generations...

" The president yesterday suggested "we're getting to the point where profits and earnings ratios are approaching that point where you want to invest." Uh, Mr. President? There is no "profits and earnings" ratio. It's "price and earnings" ratio. He's the president of the United States. He doesn't know anything about the stock market. He's admitted it before. Let's talk about it anyway.

"Just come on this program,'' Limbaugh says to Obama. "Let's have a little debate...

" You've debated the best! You've debated Hillary Clinton. You've debated John Edwards. You've debated Joe Biden. You've debated Dennis Kucinich. You've debated the best out there. You are one of the most gifted public speakers of our age. I would think, Mr. President, you would jump at this opportunity.

Limbaugh dares Obama: 'Debate me': The Swamp

NEW YORK -- March 4, 2009: Premiere Radio Networks' Rush Limbaugh today invited President Obama to appear on his show -- all travel expenses paid -- for a "one-on-one debate of ideas and policies." Limbaugh cited a report by Jonathan Martin on the Politico.com website that begins, "Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House."

The report points to Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel as leading the effort, which came in part out of polls saying younger voters in particular have a negative view of Limbaugh.

According to a transcript on RushLimbaugh.com, Limbaugh said on Wednesday's show, "If these guys are so impressed with themselves, and if they are so sure of their correctness, why doesn't President Obama come on my show? We will do a one-on-one debate of ideas and policies. Now, his people in this Politico story, it's on the record. They're claiming they wanted me all along. They wanted me to be the focus of attention. So let's have the debate! I am offering President Obama to come on this program -- without staffers, without a teleprompter, without note cards -- to debate me on the issues. "

Radio Ink Magazine

Limbaugh Wants To Debate Obama | Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The Obama cannot do that. Even though his interview with Bill O'Reilly went well, Bill was a friendly interviewer in that he isn't a partisan hack and stayed away from populist nonsense. Bill was firm, but The Obama came across very well in that arena.

Up against Rush, in that much more informal and partisan setting, there is no way The Obama can come out smelling good. He's far too intelligent to even try it.

Limbaugh knows that.

Hannity has had a standing invitation for The Obama to come on either his TV or radio shows, for months.

Last edited:
Why would Obama care to go on Rush's show to debate him? Hell, I CHALLENGE RUSH LIMBAUGH TO DEBATE ON US MESSAGEBOARD. IF HE DOESN'T, then he is a giant pussy.

now... let's see how quickly Rush logs on. I am about as important to Rush as Rush is to Obama. You people want Rush on that kind of platform? Put your vote where your big mouths are and get him out from his little radio cave.

Why would Obama care to go on Rush's show to debate him? Hell, I CHALLENGE RUSH LIMBAUGH TO DEBATE ON US MESSAGEBOARD. IF HE DOESN'T, then he is a giant pussy.
Do you really think busy, rich people like Limbaugh post on message boards?

Indeed, it looks like you took the suggestion seriously enough to contemplate his chances of "smelling good". So, again, if Rush won't take my challenge seriously why would you imagine that Obama would take a challenge from a radio entertainer seriously?

obamalama knows better than that,, he pays his hacks at MSNBC to spread the poison..

Indeed, it looks like you took the suggestion seriously enough to contemplate his chances of "smelling good". So, again, if Rush won't take my challenge seriously why would you imagine that Obama would take a challenge from a radio entertainer seriously?
I didn't say he would, or should. But he would be alot closer to doing that with Limbaugh, than Limbaugh would ever do with you. Because Limbaugh, like him or not, IS somebody.

You're not.

I didn't say he would, or should. But he would be alot closer to doing that with Limbaugh, than Limbaugh would ever do with you. Because Limbaugh, like him or not, IS somebody.

You're not.

Limbaugh "is somebody"? What, EXACTLY, are his credentials that should temp an American President? Should Bush have gone at it with Randi Rhodes? She's somebody on the radio, yes? If you can't fathom the ridiculous, and let's face it LAUGHABLE, nature of some radio entertainer challenging the President then I guess it's pretty clear why you don't get my farcical challenge to Limbaugh.

:thup:

:lol:

Limbaugh "is somebody"? What, EXACTLY, are his credentials that should temp an American President? Should Bush have gone at it with Randi Rhodes? She's somebody on the radio, yes? If you can't fathom the ridiculous, and let's face it LAUGHABLE, nature of some radio entertainer challenging the President then I guess it's pretty clear why you don't get my farcical challenge to Limbaugh.

You're comparing Randi Rhodes to Limbaugh?

You missed your last two med doses, clearly. But I suppose if The Obama did some far-left Liberal radio show for a creampuff interview, you'd be okay with that.

I said, The Obama is far too intelligent to get in that arena.

You're not.

Yess....Evidently Rush "is somebody".....at least according to top liberals who say he is the defacto leader of the Republican party.

""Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, "

"The report points to Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel as leading the effort..."

Last edited:

You missed your last two med doses, clearly. But I suppose if The Obama did some far-left Liberal radio show for a creampuff interview, you'd be okay with that.

Indeed, YOUR personal validation of Rush Limbaugh is about as universal as a liberal's opinion of Rhodes. Don't let that get in the way of acting like a Rush fanboy though. Obama doing an interview, "creampuff" in your opinion or not, isn't a DEBATE, now is it little guy? Maybe you should go sit at the kiddy table and get your radio hero some digits.

ps, by all means... talk shit. In case you haven't noticed I enjoy stomping mudholes in the asses of people like you. I suggest you pick up your gauntlet and adjust your tone.

You're not.

Evidently Rush "is somebody".....at least according to top liberals who say he is the defacto leader of the Republican party.

""Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, "

"The report points to Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville and White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel as leading the effort..."

Hey, just because the GOP has gonads the size of a field mouse nutsack when it comes to the republican platform doesn't mean that a radio disk jockey should expect anything but a round of laughter from such blustered bravado. Like I said, if you feel this strongly about Rush's leadership then put your vote where your talking points are.

obamalama knows better than that,, he pays his hacks at MSNBC to spread the poison..

What a clever fellow this Limbaugh is. According to the Politico article, the WH hatched the plan to demonize Limbaugh:
Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

For the Obama supporters who crooned about how smart, what a great speaker, how messianic their favorite son is, they are going to have to, publically at least, come up with maneuvers reminiscent of the game Twister to explain why he picked this fight, actually naming Limbaugh, but cannot pick up the gauntlet.

Privately, they will have to add this (defeat) declination of the challenge to the series of bad decisions including corrupt politicians selected for his cabinet, a DOW plummet of 2800 points, reversing his promises on lobbyists, and on earmarks.

Indeed, YOUR personal validation of Rush Limbaugh is about as universal as a liberal's opinion of Rhodes. Don't let that get in the way of acting like a Rush fanboy though. Obama doing an interview, "creampuff" in your opinion or not, isn't a DEBATE, now is it little guy? Maybe you should go sit at the kiddy table and get your radio hero some digits.

ps, by all means... talk shit. In case you haven't noticed I enjoy stomping mudholes in the asses of people like you. I suggest you pick up your gauntlet and adjust your tone.
I don't validate Limbaugh. Your disdain for him is clouding your vision of the topic. Like it or not, he's the #1 radio commentator in the country. I didn't address whether The Obama should go on his show. I opined why he wouldn't.

If you think you're some kind of internet tuffguy, and that you can actually "stomp" folks, you are as delusional as you are stupid, and I have been wrong in my estimation. It's actually a week's worth of meds you missed.

Clown.

Obama would be crushed like a bug. No way he would ever do that.

....which is why Rush has to hide behind his little cave based radio show to invoke a challenge, eh?

Tell me, if Rush is such the MAN, why doesn't he run for office? Hell, if you feel so strongly then I guess YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO RUN IN '12, yes?

:eusa_angel:

Obama would be crushed like a bug. No way he would ever do that.

....which is why Rush has to hide behind his little cave based radio show to invoke a challenge, eh?

Tell me, if Rush is such the MAN, why doesn't he run for office? Hell, if you feel so strongly then I guess YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO RUN IN '12, yes?

:eusa_angel:
Limbaugh doesn't crave power, and likes his millions in salary. What fool would leave a job which pays millions, to try for a job that pays a low six figures?

Forum List

Back