Limbaugh crybaby: NY has audited him 12 years in a row

Discussion in 'Media' started by DavidS, Apr 9, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
  2. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,959
    That's what he gets for complaining about taxes... Will he ever learn just to shut up and voluntarily comply?

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    I was listening to Rush the other day and he said he only spends like two weeks a year in New York yet he gets audited all the time. Why is that?
    I don't have a problem with audits, some people, no many really, cheat on their taxes. States and the Fed should go after tax cheats.
    The problem is is that now that power is being used to harass citizens. Whether you like Limbaugh or not, you should be concerned about that abuse of power.
    Did you know that the I.R.S. is the only government agency that doesn't need a warrant to enter your house?

[​IMG]

4. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    I think the larger point Rush was making was that N.Y. is driving people away from doing any business in that state. He says he goes there only a couple of weeks a year, and has to prove where he was and what he was doing the other 50 weeks of the year.

He already is headquartered in Fl, but goes to N.Y. for rare events (storms in Florida for instance). If I know anything about Rush he willingly pays his share of taxes, but has a problem with being harassed. He is also saying he intends to not give them an opportunity in the future. But, we'll see if they still don't send him a bill and force him to show his daily calendar to prove he hasn't been there for a long time to come. They assume that every minute he is there is spent in business unless he can prove to the contrary, wanting that percentage share of his income to be taxed as NY income.

N.Y. State continues to drive businesses and taxpayers out of their state with onerous taxes. We out here in the Midwest love them for that, because lots of their emmigrants come here and set up. Same is true of emmigrants from California. This ability to flee a state for better, more reasonable government, and taxing systems shows the importance of state's rights. If there were only one over-arching national system, not federal system as it now is, where would there be to flee?

Governor Paterson is a fool if thinks he won that little argument. He only highlighted the problem they have for those who would be motivated to leave. NY likes to think of themselves as "The Empire State"; it's an attitude they best get over. It also points up the national problem of people and business leaving our shores and taking wealth and jobs with them.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,959
    I agree with this. I wonder though why he is only in NY a couple of weeks a year. Doesn't he work there?

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    A known drug addict and proven lying multimillionaire gets audited?

Gee, I wonder why?

7. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    so you don't think twelve years in a row is just a little excessive/vindictive?
    that's good to know.

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Since New York is overwhelmingly Democratic, my hunch is that this is politically motivated. The IRS has too much power.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    You don't wonder why, if you're honest. It's politically motivated.

Meanwhile, six tax cheats were nominated to join the current administration, where were their audits?

The guy in charge of the IRS claims incompetence in doing his taxes with Turbo Tax. Incompetence is apparently okay as an excuse for just plain and simple cheating on your taxes, SO LONG as you're on the correct side of the aisle.

Partisan myopia makes you forgive, excuse and be a willing apologist for this shit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I think his paychecks come from there, he does most of is work in Florida.

Not sure about that though, I'm no Limbaugh expert, don't listen to him and am not a fan.