Limbaugh - Christie is Stupid

February 22, 2011
CHRISTIE: And because of the hard choices we’ve made together, because of the shared sacrifice by all of New Jersey, our economy is turning.

"Shared Sacrifice" is Stupid
February 22, 2011
RUSH: I am not a proponent of shared sacrifice. I don't believe in sacrifice, period. I think that's an absolutely defensive, stupid, self-defeating way to go about life. This whole sacrifice business is a Democrat trick.

February 22, 2011
CHRISTIE: I agonized over making cuts to education aid last year, they were the very last cuts I approved. It was not a decision I took lightly. It was not something I wanted to do. However, in a year where shared sacrifice was required from everyone, it was a necessary choice.

February 22, 2011
RUSH: I am not gonna sacrifice to make somebody else feel good.

Then he must be lying here:

According to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society annual reports, Limbaugh personally contributed between $100,000 and $499,999 from 2000–2005 and 2007,[102] and Limbaugh claims to have contributed around $250,000 in 2003, 2004 and 2005

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see where Rush said Christie is stupid. He said the concept of "Shared Sacrifice" is stupid.

People may disagree on whether something is a good idea without calling each other stupid, although that is likely a foreign notion to you.

That's because you can't read.

I can read just fine, and think logically to boot.

What the OP has done is the equivalent of:

A said B
C said he doesn't like B
Therefore C doesn't like A

It's fallacious reasoning; unsurprisingly, you fell for it.

February 22, 2011
CHRISTIE: And because of the hard choices we’ve made together, because of the shared sacrifice by all of New Jersey, our economy is turning.

February 22, 2011
RUSH: I am not a proponent of shared sacrifice. I don't believe in sacrifice, period. I think that's an absolutely defensive, stupid, self-defeating way to go about life. This whole sacrifice business is a Democrat trick.February 22, 2011
CHRISTIE: I agonized over making cuts to education aid last year, they were the very last cuts I approved. It was not a decision I took lightly. It was not something I wanted to do. However, in a year where shared sacrifice was required from everyone, it was a necessary choice.

February 22, 2011
RUSH: I am not gonna sacrifice to make somebody else feel good.
Then why is it Republican tricksters calling for sacrifice? They are calling for every union employee to sacrifice his right to collective bargaining. They are calling fro state workers to sacrifice thier basic human right to strike.

Republicans have no problem calling for sacrifice, so long as it's rights and a standard of living.

Collective bargaining isn't a right.

Nothing is a right unless it's defended by the government as a right. Except maybe in your head.

According to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society annual reports, Limbaugh personally contributed between $100,000 and $499,999 from 2000–2005 and 2007,[102] and Limbaugh claims to have contributed around $250,000 in 2003, 2004 and 2005

What a moron. Voluntarily donating money to something one supports is not a sacrifice.

Sacrificing really means giving up something of greater value in exchange for a lesser value (despite what the dictionary definition is). If one spends money supporting a charity one values, one is serving a higher value.

I harbor no illusion that you will understand this distinction as you are brainwashed into thinking SACRIFICE is a virtue.

Last edited:
Then why is it Republican tricksters calling for sacrifice? They are calling for every union employee to sacrifice his right to collective bargaining. They are calling fro state workers to sacrifice thier basic human right to strike.

Republicans have no problem calling for sacrifice, so long as it's rights and a standard of living.

Nothing is a right unless it's defended by the government as a right. Except maybe in your head.

That is complete and utter crap. The government's failure to defend an individual right does not void the existence of that right.

That is complete and utter crap. The government's failure to defend an individual right does not void the existence of that right.

yeah, it might exist in your head, that's what I pointed out.

If the right to bear arms exists regardless of government protection,

why is the 2nd amendment considered absolutely necessary? Why is the government needed to protect the right to bear arms if the government doesn't have anything to do with your rights?

What a moron. Voluntarily donating money to something one supports is not a sacrifice.
Sacrificing really means giving up something of greater value in exchange for a lesser value (despite what the dictionary definition is). If one spends money supporting a charity one values, one is serving a higher value.

I harbor no illusion that you will understand this distinction as you are brainwashed into thinking SACRIFICE is a virtue.

Wow. You have no shame whatsoever.

I guess when someone refers to a fallen soldier as having made the supreme sacrifice, then that someone is full of shit,

as long as the soldier did it voluntarily.

I guess when someone refers to a fallen soldier as having made the supreme sacrifice, then that someone is full of shit,

You really cannot read and think. So sad.

If voluntarily donating ones money is not a sacrifice, then neither is voluntarily donating one's time, one's work, one's life.

Gates praises service, sacrifice of all-volunteer forcePosted 9/30/2010 Email story Print story

by By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

9/30/2010 - WASHINGTON -- The American people are losing contact with those who make up its military, and the nation needs to understand the service and sacrifices that U.S. military personnel and their families make, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said

I guess he can't think either.

Well, it seems this guy disagrees with you about donating to fight lymphoma:

It's the commitment and sacrifice and fortitude of you, the American people, to see things through that have resulted in victory. This fight is no exception. The enemy changes. These blood cancers, they fight back.

...that guy would be Rush Limbaugh. Apparently you think Rush Limbaugh is a moron for thinking that donating money to a cause is a sacrifice.

So Rush agrees with me, not YOU, and that's makes me and Rush morons...lolololol.

GAWD, you are one stupid grannypants. i think the frost in your hair damaged your brain lolololol.

Rush Donates $400,000 to Kick Off Annual Blood Cancer Cure-A-Thon

You babbling boob.

I did not say that the concept of sacrifice didn't exist. I said that donating money to a charity one values doesn't fit the definition of sacrifice, afiac.

Giving one's life, which is the ultimate individual value, is a sacrifice.

If you can't see the difference between someone who makes nearly $30M per year donating $250K to charity and a soldier losing his life, then so be it. It's sad that you think of money as being just as valuable a life.

I don't like that term, "shared sacrifice" either. One should speak for oneself, not others.

Agreed. It's disingenuous. It potends in Statist terms to pull everyone down, and one could view it as shared MISERY. That's what Staists do...Spread misery equally just like the former USSR, and thriving Dictatorships around the world.

Funny how the Manchild POTUS subscribes to it...

You babbling boob.

I did not say that the concept of sacrifice didn't exist. I said that donating money to a charity one values doesn't fit the definition of sacrifice, afiac.

Rush Limbaugh says it does.

(you really need to stop digging granny, especially at your age. Learn to admit you were wrong once in a while and you might at least have a fighting chance of elevating yourself an inch or two above the level of 'laughingstock' on the board)

I don't like that term, "shared sacrifice" either. One should speak for oneself, not others.

Agreed. It's disingenuous. It potends in Statist terms to pull everyone down, and one could view it as shared MISERY. That's what Staists do...Spread misery equally just like the former USSR, and thriving Dictatorships around the world.

Funny how the Manchild POTUS subscribes to it...

Bwwaaaaaaa....

...now Christie is an evil Statist!!!

Oh, for those of you not capable of seeing the obvious here,

this is CLASSIC Limbaugh jealousy of someone getting more popular than him in the conservative world.

February 22, 2011
RUSH: I am not a proponent of shared sacrifice. I don't believe in sacrifice, period. I think that's an absolutely defensive, stupid, self-defeating way to go about life. This whole sacrifice business is a Democrat trick.

So he would understand if not agree that if the Democrats decided that the only people who should pay for the deficit is the rich by taxing the hell out of them? We shouldn't share the sacrifice that everyone in the country should have to pay some price to lower the deficit, just a few?

Would he also agree that the only people who should sacrifice in the Iraq war are the soldiers and their families, and the rest of the population should not be asked to sacrifice in some way, as everyone did in WWII?
But what is the downside if we stay in Iraq... How is it affecting your life? ... this war -- aside from you military families -- is not affecting any of us personally,... casualty is part of the job, it's part of the business. The people that sign up and volunteer know it. (sigh)
Rush Limbaugh 7/16/07

Last edited:
I don't see where Rush said Christie is stupid. He said the concept of "Shared Sacrifice" is stupid.

People may disagree on whether something is a good idea without calling each other stupid, although that is likely a foreign notion to you.

Basic comprehension is not a skill that is respected by many on the left. They appear to prefer whipping themselves into mass hysteria by repeating bullshit. And they claim to be the party of the smart people. :eusa_eh:

Is this a serious post? :confused:

Not for you.... you just take another slug of koolaid and carry on marching.

February 22, 2011

So he would understand if not agree that if the Democrats decided that the only people who should pay for the deficit is the rich by taxing the hell out of them? We shouldn't share the sacrifice that everyone in the country should have to pay some price to lower the deficit, just a few?

Would he also agree that the only people who should sacrifice in the Iraq war are the soldiers and their families, and the rest of the population should not be asked to sacrifice in some way, as everyone did in WWII?
But what is the downside if we stay in Iraq... How is it affecting your life? ... this war -- aside from you military families -- is not affecting any of us personally,... casualty is part of the job, it's part of the business. The people that sign up and volunteer know it. (sigh)
Rush Limbaugh 7/16/07

Of course Bush and the Republicans were borrowing trillions to avoid that sacrifice, and now it's the same side of the aisle wailing about the debt and deficit.

Forum List

Back