Limbaugh call Palin Memoir "One of the Most Substantive Books I've Read"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Limbaugh Calls Palin Memoir "One of Most Substantive Policy Books I've Read" | Politics | AlterNet

Limbaugh Calls Palin Memoir "One of Most Substantive Policy Books I've Read"
Posted by Liliana Segura, AlterNet at 12:25 PM on November 13, 2009.

Liliana Segura is an AlterNet Staff Writer and Editor of Rights & Liberties Special Coverage.
Share and save this post:

You know a public figure has captured the cultural imagination when, despite a severely half-baked political career, her memoir becomes a bestseller before it's even released -- and then, when it is released, there are not one, but two, parody books -- with the same title -- hitting shelves at the same time.

I'm talking, of course, about Sarah Palin, that tragicomic trick candle of politics, who never ever seems to go away, no matter how much we want her to (or secretly don't). Her new book, 413 pages long and flirtily titled Going Rogue, will be officially bestowed upon the world next week and reporters everywhere are already feverishly plucking out the best parts -- Palin's innermost thoughts on Katie Couric, for example.

Meanwhile, a number of enterprising lefties are promoting books of their own. And these are actually worth buying.

Going Rouge is the title of this book, to be released next week, on the same day at Going Rogue. A sort of best-of collection of commentary inspired by the former governor of Alaska, it cuts to the chase right on the cover ("An American Nightmare" is the subtitle). And why shouldn't it? By any sane standard, the prospect of Sarah Palin holding national office was -- and remains -- a frightening thought. Now, all the reasons why are packed into one convenient book.

To be clear, this book is no spoof: "Looking back, progressives and feminists did an admirable job in picking apart the GOP's first female vice presidential nominee," write co-editors Betsy Reed and Richard Kim of The Nation Magazine in the introduction. Featuring serious (and sometimes hilarious) articles by writers including Gloria Steinem, Katha Pollitt, Matt Taibbi, and Max Blumenthal -- not to mention our own lovable AlterNet staff -- it's a progressive pre-emptive strike we can totally get behind. (Remember, this is a woman who supports shooting wolves from helicopters.)

Moving on, Going Rouge is also the title of this book, which takes a whole different approach to deconstructing Sarah Palin. "That other book just has a bunch of words," co-author Michael Stinson recently told Buzzflash. "We got pictures!"
<more>

This says more about Limbaugh's reading materials than anything else. Who knew he was such a big fan of Harlequin romances.

You guys have of course have read the book, and so know what you're talking about.

Myself, given Palin's ability as a public speaker and her ability to write substantive commentaries, I'll bet it's a good read.

I'll buy it.

Who actually wrote the book?

And I do not believe it was Palin.

Having ghost writers is common. Bill Shatner did not write many if any of his books. Bill Quick actually wrote most of them.

Last edited:
You guys have of course have read the book, and so know what you're talking about.

Myself, given Palin's ability as a public speaker and her ability to write substantive commentaries, I'll bet it's a good read.

I'll buy it.

Her ability as a public speaker? Every time I've seen her speak, she looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

Having ghost writers is common. Bill Shatner did not write many if any of his books. Bill Quick actually wrote most of them.

Well I suspect you do believe that... and you're entitled to do so... You also likely 'feel' that Reagan was a dullard and had little to do with his own words.

But let's be honest... You're an idiot and who really gives a damn what idiots believe?

I'll buy it.

Her ability as a public speaker? Every time I've seen her speak, she looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

That's because you're not listening. You're just looking.

Well I suspect you do believe that... and you're entitled to do so... You also likely 'feel' that Reagan was a dullard and had little to do with his own words.

But let's be honest... You're an idiot and who really gives a damn what idiots believe?

Believe it or not as you see fit. I actually knew/know one of Reagan's teleprompter operators.

I'll buy it.

That's because you're not listening. You're just looking.

I hear her. Typical wingnut chatter, just she's not as skilled at delivery as the veteran wingnuts.

I'll buy it.

She just does not have a teleprompter in front of her 24-7 and if you will notice, when the teleprompter screws up, your guy trips all over what he is saying.:lol:

Limbaugh Calls Palin Memoir "One of Most Substantive Policy Books I've Read" | Politics | AlterNet

Limbaugh Calls Palin Memoir "One of Most Substantive Policy Books I've Read"
Posted by Liliana Segura, AlterNet at 12:25 PM on November 13, 2009.

Liliana Segura is an AlterNet Staff Writer and Editor of Rights & Liberties Special Coverage.
Share and save this post:

You know a public figure has captured the cultural imagination when, despite a severely half-baked political career, her memoir becomes a bestseller before it's even released -- and then, when it is released, there are not one, but two, parody books -- with the same title -- hitting shelves at the same time.

I'm talking, of course, about Sarah Palin, that tragicomic trick candle of politics, who never ever seems to go away, no matter how much we want her to (or secretly don't). Her new book, 413 pages long and flirtily titled Going Rogue, will be officially bestowed upon the world next week and reporters everywhere are already feverishly plucking out the best parts -- Palin's innermost thoughts on Katie Couric, for example.

Meanwhile, a number of enterprising lefties are promoting books of their own. And these are actually worth buying.

Going Rouge is the title of this book, to be released next week, on the same day at Going Rogue. A sort of best-of collection of commentary inspired by the former governor of Alaska, it cuts to the chase right on the cover ("An American Nightmare" is the subtitle). And why shouldn't it? By any sane standard, the prospect of Sarah Palin holding national office was -- and remains -- a frightening thought. Now, all the reasons why are packed into one convenient book.

To be clear, this book is no spoof: "Looking back, progressives and feminists did an admirable job in picking apart the GOP's first female vice presidential nominee," write co-editors Betsy Reed and Richard Kim of The Nation Magazine in the introduction. Featuring serious (and sometimes hilarious) articles by writers including Gloria Steinem, Katha Pollitt, Matt Taibbi, and Max Blumenthal -- not to mention our own lovable AlterNet staff -- it's a progressive pre-emptive strike we can totally get behind. (Remember, this is a woman who supports shooting wolves from helicopters.)

Moving on, Going Rouge is also the title of this book, which takes a whole different approach to deconstructing Sarah Palin. "That other book just has a bunch of words," co-author Michael Stinson recently told Buzzflash. "We got pictures!"
<more>

From the article:

I'm talking, of course, about Sarah Palin, that tragicomic trick candle of politics, who never ever seems to go away, no matter how much we want her to (or secretly don't). Her new book, 413 pages long and flirtily titled Going Rogue.

They want her to go away, but still can't keep talking about her. :lol::lol:

I'll buy it.

She just does not have a teleprompter in front of her 24-7 and if you will notice, when the teleprompter screws up, your guy trips all over what he is saying.:lol:

She always has paper in front of her on the podium, which is the same damn thing.

I'll buy it.

She uses teleprompters.

Ever notice how the so-called women's movement will absolutely do anything to trash a CONSERVATIVE woman. I wonder how many members of their pedigree, elitist organization are still left? LOL

From the article:

They are a total embarassment to me and many millions of other women. BTW- there books are nothing but spoofs.

The only way these pedigree poddles of the elitist feminists groups have ever traveled down a country road is from the back of a limo, yet they attempt to tell you that they represent ALL women. I will go with the wolf shooter. LOL

Last edited:
Limbaugh is vouching for Palin?

That's the same as Moore vouching for Gore.

Come on, guys, get real here.

Forum List

Back