Limbaugh, Beck, Coulter, et.al....

Do you hang on their words?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sam Greenfield was my favorite. It was funny when a conservative got through because he'd call them a liar (for lying to the screener) and he's not having a liar on his show as if that were the issue. But they didn't get through the screener unless they lied. He got cancelled from the station I listened to him.

Randi Rhodes. What a nut job, but I listened to her every chance I got.

Air America. Besides Randi Rhodes I listened to Air America when I was in consulting and in a city that got them.

But generally, the reason liberals aren't as entertaining on the radio is they won't allow any conflicting viewpoint on their show. With Rush, Hannity and the other major Republicans if you're liberal you're moved to the front of the line. They seldom agree with you, but you are heard. But with liberal radio hosts conflicting views don't get on. I did amazingly listen to one liberal who let Conservatives on for a while in New York. But he sent bat shit and got cancelled after an anti-semitic rant.

You believe the reason that liberals fail, flat out fail, at radio is because they don't allow conflicting points of view!? I personally called Randi Rhodes show several times and was allowed on the air. I listen to Rush all the time and can not remember the last time he allowed a liberal on the air.

Yes, that is it!!!!! If only Air America had your brilliant insight they would still be on the air!!!! LOL :lol: Yeah right.

Liberal talk radio fails because of its message. :eek:

You go ahead and believe that

If that isn't the reason tell me!!! Enlighten me as to why all liberal shows fail?

No Ed Schultz (SS) choices?
Olberman?

The other pundit idiotis - i.e. Rachael Madcow, etc.?

You believe the reason that liberals fail, flat out fail, at radio is because they don't allow conflicting points of view!? I personally called Randi Rhodes show several times and was allowed on the air. I listen to Rush all the time and can not remember the last time he allowed a liberal on the air.

Yes, that is it!!!!! If only Air America had your brilliant insight they would still be on the air!!!! LOL :lol: Yeah right.

Liberal talk radio fails because of its message. :eek:

If that isn't the reason tell me!!! Enlighten me as to why all liberal shows fail?

I already answered it. I liked Air America, I was disappointed they couldn't make it viable. I don't agree with Rush frequently either, I'm a libertarian not a Republican. When he talks about things like Terry Scheivo and abortion I think he's as brain dead as he mocks liberals for being on economics and I oppose the wars as well. But to say Rush doesn't let liberals on but Air America let non-liberals on is just fantasy, I listened to them both far to long to believe that drivel.

No Ed Schultz (SS) choices?
Olberman?

The other pundit idiotis - i.e. Rachael Madcow, etc.?

You left out Chris Matthews who has an unpaid (by the DNC) commercial for Obama on MSNBC 15 or 20 times a day.

You and I can now watch Olberman on Al Gore's station along with the 8 or 10 other people that watch him. The last time I checked his program is repeated every 2 or 3 hours.

Palin, Beck, Hannity, Coulter, Malkin, Limbaugh
Can I have a show of hands from conservative republicans that pay these people any mind?

The liberal democrats are so quick to start threads that quote these fringe lunatics like they're representative of the majority of republicans.

And that’s the problem: the failure of the Old Guard GOP to denounce the demagoguery of these and other Culture Warriors. To indeed take the ‘GOP’ back from radical rightists and social conservatives.

Consequently the individuals noted in the OP are representative of a significant number of republicans, the TPM in particular.

Otherwise this is a problem for republicans to address, and complaining about liberals isn’t going to help.

I already answered it. I liked Air America, I was disappointed they couldn't make it viable. I don't agree with Rush frequently either, I'm a libertarian not a Republican. When he talks about things like Terry Scheivo and abortion I think he's as brain dead as he mocks liberals for being on economics and I oppose the wars as well. But to say Rush doesn't let liberals on but Air America let non-liberals on is just fantasy, I listened to them both far to long to believe that drivel.

You answered the question perfectly: they couldn't make it viable. They couldn't take a liberal message and make it viable. It hemorrhaged money. What is your point?

Is your point that abortion is a good thing? Is that what you believe? You are a 'libertarian' the same way Bill Maher is.

Abortion isn't something to be championed. Abortion is a losing issue for the left. After all of the lies and cultural warfare employed a majority of Americans are still against abortion. The only time, and this is a fact, that the media reported on polls showing Americans favoring abortions was in the lead up to Roe vs. Wade.

Look at the history of abortion. The history of abortion in America has always been aimed at the black community.

Planned Parenthood was a creation of former eugenicists who put in place the forced sterilization of welfare recipients. Today they just want to provide abortions.

Call yourself whatever you like, I'll call you misinformed.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between "liking" and taknig what they say as Gospel.

Not a surprise that a liberal would not know the difference.
I'd like to see a comparison of Olberman threads started by the right compared to Rush threads started by the left.

Who's afraid of whom?

The left wing whackaloons seem much more obsessed with these folks than any conservative I know. Anyway.. what of it? The left has CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, etc. channeling all Obama, all day.

Get over yourselves. You can't rid the planet of anything that upsets your myopic worldviews.

Is your point that abortion is a good thing? Is that what you believe? You are a 'libertarian' the same way Bill Maher is

I'm not a libertarian because I'm pro-choice? You're going to have to explain that one.

I assume that I'm like Bill Maher is a rant that got away from you because if you believe that you're just an idiot.

The left wing whackaloons seem much more obsessed with these folks than any conservative I know. Anyway.. what of it? The left has CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, etc. channeling all Obama, all day.

Get over yourselves. You can't rid the planet of anything that upsets your myopic worldviews.

Yes, liberals like media where their statements and views go unchallenged.

Don't forget Savage- Seriously, only 47% of Pub voters believe Obama's a muslim Kenyan marxist................................................:cuckoo::eusa_angel:
I don't recall asking for your opinion, asswipe
:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQZNkiY7ds]YouTube - ‪I Don't Remember Asking You A Goddamn Thing‬‏[/ame]

:lol:

Can I have a show of hands from conservative republicans that pay these people any mind?

The liberal democrats are so quick to start threads that quote these fringe lunatics like they're representative of the majority of republicans.

And that’s the problem: the failure of the Old Guard GOP to denounce the demagoguery of these and other Culture Warriors. To indeed take the ‘GOP’ back from radical rightists and social conservatives.

Consequently the individuals noted in the OP are representative of a significant number of republicans, the TPM in particular.

Otherwise this is a problem for republicans to address, and complaining about liberals isn’t going to help.

Let's first admit that there is a culture war. That the left has been waging a constant war against family.

The only time the left has ever championed the idea of marriage is when two men want to marry. Otherwise they are telling us the institution of marriage is outdated and oppressive.

There is a culture war waging and you are on the wrong side.

He's not a neocon dim wit. My God, will people learn to use Google. Supporting using the military for spreading democracy is only half of what a Neocon is. He clearly doesn't support government spending.

wow, he(Beck) said he was for the government bailout by Bush. that isn't government spending?

Got it, you like the word neocon for people you hate and you hate Beck. Neocons favor spending, one thing even that massive a thing doesn't make you a neocon. I hear him sometimes in the morning and agree with what he generally talks about. My endorsement of him wasn't exactly ringing. But apparently you so hate him that doesn't matter. I didn't call him swill, I have to be destroyed. Yawn.

Bottom line: I deeply oppose TARP and the wars, but I generally agree with what he's saying when I listen to him and it usually is consistent with libertarian. I seldom listen to him long because he starts crying and going on about something or other and sounds very preachy to me, which turns me off and I turn the station. So I don't know what he thinks across the spectrum of issues. I prefer other radio hosts and don't really care that much what he thinks to learn.

Last edited:

I'm a libertarian, which means if you want fiscal conservative I'm there and if you want fiscal social I'm not. But my feedback:

Palin: Marginal politician but doesn't deserve the abuse she gets from the left because they are raging sexists who do not give a mere woman the right to disagree with them

Beck: He's pretty libertarian so I generally agree with him, but he's so fucking preachy that I can't take him in more then small quantities

Hannity: Heck of a nice guy, but he gets too upset when he talks to liberals and he's a bit of a pom pom Republican.

Coulter: She is a great political writer. No one can take apart liberal arguments like she can. When she speaks I appreciate the irony she makes liberals furious by doing to them what they do to everyone else, but I want to be bigger then them not like them.

Malkin: I can't take her seriously after she came out in support of keeping Japanese in internment camps in WWII

Rush: He's the best radio host by a country mile. I don't agree with him the most, he's the most entertaining. That's why he has such a large liberal audience as well. As a libertarian I tend to agree with him on fiscal issues and disagree on social. He's a great interviewer of liberals, has a thick skin and sets traps for them. Like when he said oil is natural and on the air he was saying that to send liberals in a tizzy and even though he told them what he was doing they obediently went right into a tizzy.
I was nodding in agreement until about half way through the Palin response
:eusa_whistle:

I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day so these people get lucky from time to time and build a sensible argument. I just can't stomach listening to them.
Hannity, Beck, Rush and Coulter are quick to label Obama a narcissist, but I guess they would find it an easy trait to recognize given their monstrous egos.
Can't say I know about Savage or his views but if he's as nutty as the others he doesn't represent the majority either.

Forum List

Back