Lilly pays $1.42 billion in Zyprexa suit...guess its not a conspiracy theory anymore

Well you are being deceitful as usual. You have made the broad claim that anti depressant and stronger drugs do not work at all. All this case shows is what some of us have been saying for a while. Over zealous labeling and dumb ass practitioners looking for an easy fix to a problem that does not exist.

The drug in your clip WORKS for the patients that it was designed for. The drug company wanted more profit so misled doctors and medical staff to accomplish that.

Go ahead , provide evidence that this drug does not work for the people it was DESIGNED for. Let me clue you in DUMB ASS. I am alive to day and living closer to normal BECAUSE of ANTIDEPRESSANTS and ANTI PSYCHOTIC MEDICATION. Some people have chemical imbalances that have to be medically fixed. Some people are so mentally ill they need drugs that will curb their crazy impulses and actions.

Spend some time with some clinically depressed suicidal people and some mentally ill that can not control themselves. Then witness the changes when the medication is matched up for them.

The problem is not that the medications do not work, the problem is it is a long process to find the right medication and the right dose. Insurance doesn't want to pay for it, nor does medicaid or medicare. Why? Because retards like you claim all one need do is be stronger to defeat a MEDICAL problem.

You would NEVER tell a guy that had a heart attack to go run 5 miles the next week cause he needs to strengthen his heart.

[
QUOTE=RetiredGySgt;1188423]Well you are being deceitful as usual. You have made the broad claim that anti depressant and stronger drugs do not work at all. All this case shows is what some of us have been saying for a while. Over zealous labeling and dumb ass practitioners looking for an easy fix to a problem that does not exist.
I posted the news piece how can that be deceptive it is what it is

The drug in your clip WORKS for the patients that it was designed for. The drug company wanted more profit so misled doctors and medical staff to accomplish that.

sounds like a rather vast conspiracy to me......

Go ahead , provide evidence that this drug does not work for the people it was DESIGNED for. Let me clue you in DUMB ASS. I am alive to day and living closer to normal BECAUSE of ANTIDEPRESSANTS and ANTI PSYCHOTIC MEDICATION. Some people have chemical imbalances that have to be medically fixed. Some people are so mentally ill they need

drugs that will curb their crazy impulses and actions.

YOU PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH...I believe the patient should be fully informed of all the risk and all of the alternatives and it should be clearly understood antidepressants can cause suicidal and homicidal behaviours..cause permanent movement disorders in many especially woman and that people ..many ..many people have come out of psychosis without drugs and never relapsed. ...that drugs are a last resort not the first and given only with informed consent and the chemical imbalance theory is just that a theory...there is no diagnostic test that has proved this theory.....because these are facts

Spend some time with some clinically depressed suicidal people and some mentally ill that can not control themselves. Then witness the changes when the medication is matched up for them.

I have never suffered from a mental illness but I have a vast experience and presently I am a volunteer advocate for hospitalized patients I am attending two review panels for involuntarily committed patients this Wednesday.....I have seen it all
including people languishing in hospitals for months drugged into stupors and no improvement I have cared for them in their chemical lobotomized state and i have seen people diagnosed as schizophrenics as teens and drugged for decades get drug free and thrive so we have had different experience's

The problem is not that the medications do not work, the problem is it is a long process to find the right medication and the right dose.

there are so many variables its a crap shoot and I have seen so many people mildly depressed given antidepressants...only to go crazy...then be diagnosed as bi-polar..and given more medication ..only to go psychotic and wind up hospitalized and being given cocktails of medications and the better the insurance the more likely it is to occur

Insurance doesn't want to pay for it, nor does medicaid or medicare. Why? Because retards like you claim all one need do is be stronger to defeat a MEDICAL problem

there is no proof ..none... these states of mind are a medical problem...there are without question people that recover from sever psychosis without drugs..or from placebos..or cognitive therapy... if someone chooses to use drugs with fully informed consent ..that is their choice and I have no desire to judge or impede that

You would NEVER tell a guy that had a heart attack to go run 5 miles the next week cause he needs to strengthen his heart

I believe all patients should be treated with care and respect and the right to choose the therapy of their choice with fully informed consent...I am happy you have found what works for you

Last edited:
You are a liar. You have insisted before and are doing so again, that medication does not work. THAT is a LIE. You advocate removing whole classes of drugs and have the gall to claim otherwise now.

Advocate all you want for TEENAGE and elderly changes in care. Those two groups are in fact misdiagnosed routinely and given pills to shut them up. BUT DO NOT INFER or CLAIM that that in anyway proves your ignorant claim that medication does not work for mental problems.

AGAIN you DUMB ASS. from 1994 to 2004 I was so suicidal I could barely function, so depressed eventually I could not work and could not go to college. During that time it was hit and miss with meds, I would get a new med and it would sort of work for about 6 months to a year then be almost useless. In 2004 we, me and my doctor, found the right medication, it was a difference of NIGHT and DAY. And almost never happened because dumb shits like you tried to ban the medication. I could actually function with out the constant overriding desire to end my life. No more curled up in bed afraid to move cause if I did I would try to kill myself.

The Depression was still there but much more controlled and I still had suicidal thoughts but they were very much under control. Last summer we got the dosage right. Since last summer I have had very few suicidal thoughts and am only mildly depressed.

Also DIP STICK, another problem with these kind of people is they do not take the meds as directed. They stop taking them if they start to work and become suicidal again. NONE of these meds are long lasting, generally the medication is out of your system with in 24 hours or a couple days. You can not skip days and you can not just quit cause the voices told you to.

HOW FUCKING SURPRISING.... Suicidal people commit suicide while on a medication they may not have taken long enough or complied with the instructions on how to take it.

Another problem associated with anti depressants is that if you are so depressed you can not act on your thoughts as you take the medication it begins to relieve that dank dark hole and you CAN act again. There is a window as that occurs where SUICIDAL people will get well enough that they CAN ACT on the thoughts and before they are past the thoughts.

a young friend got back from afghanistan.....they put him on anti depressants...i dont know what kind....
he killed himself at 3 am....while his wife slept...sometimes the meds help sometimes they dont...but death is a high price to pay for not working meds

You are a liar. You have insisted before and are doing so again, that medication does not work. THAT is a LIE. You advocate removing whole classes of drugs and have the gall to claim otherwise now.

i believe drugs are not necessary..and I believe that drugging without informed consent is criminal..I posted a thread ..titled should neuroleptic drugs be banned..and if you got past the tile you would see i was talking about without informed consent or to children

[
Advocate all you want for TEENAGE and elderly changes in care. Those two groups are in fact misdiagnosed routinely and given pills to shut them up. BUT DO NOT INFER or CLAIM that that in anyway proves your ignorant claim that medication does not work for mental problems.

well you have to define work..can it stop certain behaviors.. sometimes yes...does it return people to there previous life lived before hospitalisation ..rarely...but those that come out of psychosis naturally...always..and in clinical test do some people come out of psychosis from a placebo..yes a surprisingly large number as high as 15^..does that mean sugar pills work ?

AGAIN you DUMB ASS. from 1994 to 2004 I was so suicidal I could barely function, so depressed eventually I could not work and could not go to college. During that time it was hit and miss with meds, I would get a new med and it would sort of work for about 6 months to a year then be almost useless. In 2004 we, me and my doctor, found the right medication, it was a difference of NIGHT and DAY. And almost never happened because dumb shits like you tried to ban the medication. I could actually function with out the constant overriding desire to end my life. No more curled up in bed afraid to move cause if I did I would try to kill myself.

The Depression was still there but much more controlled and I still had suicidal thoughts but they were very much under control. Last summer we got the dosage right. Since last summer I have had very few suicidal thoughts and am only mildly depressed.

Also DIP STICK, another problem with these kind of people is they do not take the meds as directed. They stop taking them if they start to work and become suicidal again. NONE of these meds are long lasting, generally the medication is out of your system with in 24 hours or a couple days. You can not skip days and you can not just quit cause the voices told you to.

HOW FUCKING SURPRISING.... Suicidal people commit suicide while on a medication they may not have taken long enough or complied with the instructions on how to take it

it isn't suicidal people being prescribed antidepressants..they give them for people that wanted to quite smoking ..happy people with no depression and then two weeks later blew their heads off..people feeling alittle blue or troubled teens ...people sad over a real tragedy ...and the next thing you know they murder someone or themselves..they lost the case ..a billion and a half dollars...thousands of deaths like i described ..clinical evidence of the drugs causing these reactions..the jury has spoken

Another problem associated with anti depressants is that if you are so depressed you can not act on your thoughts as you take the medication it begins to relieve that dank dark hole and you CAN act again. There is a window as that occurs where SUICIDAL people will get well enough that they CAN ACT on the thoughts and before they are past the thoughts
.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
a young friend got back from afghanistan.....they put him on anti depressants...i dont know what kind....
he killed himself at 3 am....while his wife slept...sometimes the meds help sometimes they dont...but death is a high price to pay for not working meds

Actually, an increased risk of suicidal ideation and suicide attempts are not unusual when starting a course of anti-depressants. Where the patient previously lacked the energy to plan and carry out their suicide, as the anti-depressants begin to build to therapeutic levels in the blood stream, the patient begins to gain enough energy to follow through with their suicidal ideation.

It is at this time that patients, their families and their health care providers need to be most vigilant.

Ya cause he wasn't ALREADY suicidal and depressed. You people amaze me. Ignorant and pig headed.

Ya cause he wasn't ALREADY suicidal and depressed. You people amaze me. Ignorant and pig headed.

there is a big difference between being depressed and killing yourself...and it is ignorant of you to assume he was suicidal...you seem to miss the point people with no depression or mild depression or happy people simply trying to quit smoking have killed themselves within weeks of starting the drug in numbers large enough to create a major concern

...happy people simply trying to quit smoking have killed themselves within weeks of starting the drug in numbers large enough to create a major concern

You are not still talking about Zyprexa, are you?

...happy people simply trying to quit smoking have killed themselves within weeks of starting the drug in numbers large enough to create a major concern

You are not still talking about Zyprexa, are you?

no the subject moved to a solider given anti -depressants...who then killed himself..
but same shit different pile really...antidepressants can cause suicidal and homicidal thinking and mania...anti psychotics can cause psychosis...and the drug company's and psychiatrist do all they can to ignore these facts..and create a battle to simply have the drug labeled clearly warning of these effects....

Last edited:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrhNZ60TaTY[/ame]

Background
Tardive dyskinesias (TDs) are involuntary movements of the tongue, lips, face, trunk, and extremities that occur in patients treated with long-term dopaminergic antagonist medications. Although they are associated with the use of neuroleptics, TDs apparently existed before the development of neuroleptics. People with schizophrenia appear especially vulnerable to developing TDs after exposure to conventional neuroleptics, anticholinergics, toxins, substances of abuse, and other agents. TDs are most common in patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or bipolar disorder who have been treated with antipsychotic medication for long periods, but TDs occasionally occur in other patients as well. For example, people with fetal alcohol syndrome, other developmental disabilities, and other brain disorders are vulnerable to the development of tardive dyskinesias, even after receiving a single dose of the causative agent

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1151826-overview

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_3bbpFjI68[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back